THE BROWNS BOARD

Whats a bigger concern?

PlaygroundLegend

Whats worse  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What is a bigger concern with our team?

• Offense
    • Defense
    • Special Teams
    • Both Equally

I have just been thinking, this whole year (and most of last year) we have been screaming defense defense defense! We need defense, but on the other hand our offense hasnt scored in 24 quarters of play. Yes we were down to our 4th QB, but still, 24 quarters and a sum of those with our #1 & #2 guys?

We keep on asking for a great D-coordinator as a head coach, but what about an O-coordinator like Mcdaniels?

Is Chud to blame?

Or is our lack of defense affecting our offense (such as in the Broncos game)

The reason for this is that many people think our defense is in the worst shape, but I dont think our O is lookin that much better, we need a RT and a RB.

Alot of attention is being focused on our lackluster D (that has had some bright spots this year) but what about our lackluster offense? Or are we putting the blame on DA?

Just want to hear your thoughts on this one folks

Even with your back up QB your offense should be able to score, the Lions are able to score, the bengals can score, the raiders can score.

I think Chud may have to go, but he does do good for KW2

I also think we need a RT in Tuckers absence. the RB situation needs to be addressed also.

Our d is solid outside of the Linebackers, we have great CB's and D-line (rogers wow). Maualuga could shore that up.

Our offense needs some serious fixing. C'mon ppl, we broke a record for suck (24 quarters)

Lets not forget this is the same defense that lead the league in turnovers this year.

I think our biggest concern on defense is the lack of pass rush.

A couple of LBers and a true pass rush DE can fix that.

I think we have to throw out the last few weeks of the season, with a 4th string QB we weren't going to do much on offense. Now RAC could of done a lot better game planning, but at the same time we were just snake bit and I think we just gave up mentally

Tell me what did we do on offense with all those turnovers?

This team needs more offensive help, if you can't score you won't win

Whats your excuse for the Chiefs starting a 3rd string quarterback the last 7 weeks and still scoring points

Give me whatever you are smoking if you really believe a few linebackers and a pass rusher will fix this defense

Dude you make 100's of post and most are laughable

Tell me what did we do on offense with all those turnovers?

This team needs more offensive help, if you can't score you won't win

Whats your excuse for the Chiefs starting a 3rd string quarterback the last 7 weeks and still scoring points

Give me whatever you are smoking if you really believe a few linebackers and a pass rusher will fix this defense

Dude you make 100's of post and most are laughable

They scored in the other games this season - in Quinn's first two starts they score 30 and 29. They scored 35 in the Giants game. The problem this year is inconsistency and poor playcalling.

The players on this offense can score; the last 6 games are not representative of capability of the players.

Stop being such an OSU homer. I believe Beanie is going to be strictly average in the NFL.

I remember sitting in the dawg pound at the Ravens game, lucky enough to be under the overhang on the 100 level where you can see the TV's that show the game stats real-time. At the start of the fourth quarter we were up by a couple touchdowns I think and I remember thinking that the 'D' was putting up a pretty good game. Then I saw the stat that was all I needed to know, I looked at my friend and told 'em we were going to blow this one.

No. of plays:

Ravens 62

Browns 39

No way was this defense going to be able to sustain the lead when they are playing twice as much as the offense. We all know how that game turned out.

The problem wasn't the defense really, it was that the offense couldn't stay on the field. Pittsburgh, for as much as I hate them for it, does this better than anyone. Run, Run, short pass or run. Eat the clock. Their 'D' is great but really, if they had to play 70 plays a game, I think they'd get eaten alive too.

Defense.

This years drafts have good defensive prospects. even if we want to fix the offense given our draft conditions and positions and the offensive players eligible for draft, who do we have a chance of getting realistically ? so I say go with what is there in the market and go defense.

I would say Offense! The defense began the season at the top of the league. Then the offense completely choked and the defense got tired. You can't expect the defense to stop anyone when they don't have time to even catch their breath because the offense is too busy going 3 and out!

With that said, I do however think we need to go get a pass rusher in the 1st round. The offense can be rebuilt in the remainder of the draft and in free agency.

It's not just defense, it's defenders that can TACKLE. If this were touch football, our D is great! But when our defenders continually bounce off of ball carriers like they were made of rubber our D will never be good.

We need FOOTBALL PLAYERS with INTENSITY. We need Ray Maualuga!

I remember sitting in the dawg pound at the Ravens game, lucky enough to be under the overhang on the 100 level where you can see the TV's that show the game stats real-time. At the start of the fourth quarter we were up by a couple touchdowns I think and I remember thinking that the 'D' was putting up a pretty good game. Then I saw the stat that was all I needed to know, I looked at my friend and told 'em we were going to blow this one.

No. of plays:

Ravens 62

Browns 39

No way was this defense going to be able to sustain the lead when they are playing twice as much as the offense. We all know how that game turned out.

The problem wasn't the defense really, it was that the offense couldn't stay on the field. Pittsburgh, for as much as I hate them for it, does this better than anyone. Run, Run, short pass or run. Eat the clock. Their 'D' is great but really, if they had to play 70 plays a game, I think they'd get eaten alive too.

What's that say about our defense's ability to force 3-and-outs and give the offense more series?

We saw it all through the season - teams running ALL over us. They can't get off the field even at the beginning of the game because we can't stop 2nd and 7 and 3rd and 20 (yes third and TWENTY). This defense needs it's Ray Lewis/Troy Polamalu DESPERATELY.

I say defense. Our defense hasn't been worth a damn since 1994.

The offensive problems this year are easier to correct:

A) Chuds schemes sucked. Didn't play to our strengths. I think DA's collapse can partially be blamed on Chudzinski.

B) Prima Dona asshole underacheivers....Braylon, Stallworthless etc.

C) Ageing, injured dudes....JLew, KWII

D) The O-line was NOT the same without Tucker.

With the right scheme and coaching, we'll score plenty in 2009.

The defense is a MUCH bigger problem.

Doug

Just to say, I voted equal. I really think we need to draft a RT. Tucker is amazing but he can only be here 1/4 of the season, we need a RB and a RT and maybe even a WR.... more than a LB or DE who knows? But I think our need for Offensive players is overlooked

RASHAD JENNINGS AND A RT both in round 2 will set us straight

Archived