THE BROWNS BOARD

Shanahan fired?!

DestinFunk

Guest Masters
Ted Sundquist was their GM until last year, when he took the bullet for their bad drafts.

That guy was a bit of a puppet for Shanahan. He reported to Shanahan, as he was VP of Football operations. Just like it was him who abandoned his draft board to draft Mo Clarett.

Shanahan is a great coach, who shold keep to coaching. He'd be great to help a GM, as you said, to find a few diamonds. I think he works best when his main focus is coaching.

he is now my number one guy on the wish list.... however his latest drafts and free agency pickups have not been that good... He will want total personnel control something that Savage would have never let happen... Thank god he is gone. Good coaches need and want personnel control period.

he is now my number one guy on the wish list.... however his latest drafts and free agency pickups have not been that good... He will want total personnel control something that Savage would have never let happen... Thank god he is gone. Good coaches need and want personnel control period.

god I hope not! I want fresh blood, a new coach with a slightly different scheme that will shake things up. Give the Browns a name. Kinda like Lee in Miami with his WildDawg offense (funny how the first team with serious success gets the credit, but the Browns had those WildDawg plays in ever since they had Cribbs, just no credit for it--hate how the announcers constantly talk about how the Browns are copy catting the Dolphins.)

That guy was a bit of a puppet for Shanahan. He reported to Shanahan, as he was VP of Football operations. Just like it was him who abandoned his draft board to draft Mo Clarett.

Shanahan is a great coach, who shold keep to coaching. He'd be great to help a GM, as you said, to find a few diamonds. I think he works best when his main focus is coaching.

You are 100% right. Great coach but you can't be coach and GM, there is just too much. Maybe Butch Davis would have been a very good coach if he would have had a real GM. Instead some of these guys let their egos run wild. Savage and Davis are two examples. Cowher wants say so, but he does work with a GM and player personnel Director.

Man - yinz really don't get it.

You're not getting Shanahan, Cowher, Parcells - no top NFL coach with a winning pedigree would touch the stains with a 10 foot barge pole.

You might get someone like Mangina, but honestly - if yinz could snag Marty which is at least within the solar system of possibilities, yinz would be hitting the lottery.

Assuming Marty doesn't work out, it will be someone yinz never expected or heard of.

Your GM should get hired first, but hey - nobody every accused me of expecting the stains organization to do something the right way.

Regards

.... an'at

In related news, Jay Cutler is PISSED.

He should be pissed. Who are they going to get that's better than Shanahan?

Yeah their defense sucked, they were in a down cycle, but 7 injured tailbacks and they still scored 370 points and Shanahan did wonders for Cutler.

Their worst years are 8-8, maybe the occasional 6-10, otherwise they are in the playoffs, or close, every single year.

It's like San Diego firing Marty ... just dumb.

I would kill to be in the playoffs every other year or so. You get a Shanahan , a Schottenheimer or a Cowher you are going to win and be competitive every single year.

xxxx em. I hope they go 0-16 next year.

Zombo

I like his offensive mind but not his defensive mind. He would make a great OC. I am hoping no one offers him any kind of huge contract becuase I would love to have him as the Steeler OC. Likes to pound the rock and likes to throw to the TEs. The idiot Bruce Arians we got from your team is hoplessly stupid.

and overall where did our offense rank in 2008?

Man - yinz really don't get it.

You're not getting Shanahan, Cowher, Parcells - no top NFL coach with a winning pedigree would touch the stains with a 10 foot barge pole.

You might get someone like Mangina, but honestly - if yinz could snag Marty which is at least within the solar system of possibilities, yinz would be hitting the lottery.

Assuming Marty doesn't work out, it will be someone yinz never expected or heard of.

Your GM should get hired first, but hey - nobody every accused me of expecting the stains organization to do something the right way.

Regards

.... an'at

.... fagg'ot

Shanahan is a good coach a few of the things I dislike is he likes to run a small offensive line... it isnt going to work in this division year after year. The smaller lineman get to worn out by season end when you need them most. And He has never been known to draft well especially on the defensive side of the ball.

But I do like his fire and competetiveness which is something we haven't had in a while. Crennel was so layed back it wasn't funny... come on I never seen the guy get emotional tword the players and you need that to command respect in the locker room.

I also like how he plugs in running backs and they are an instant threat and 1000yd rushers. If he just willing to coach I would love to see him in Clev. But I never think a coach/ Gm is ever a good idea, there is just way to much responsibility and it takes away from what they really need to cocentrate on, coaching.

Archived