THE BROWNS BOARD

Report: Browns to talk with Eric Mangini

IschY

Jon Clayton was just on ESPN and thinks they're looking at Mangini as a possible defensive coordinator, and that he's not really even much of a candidate for head coach. Probably because the reports of Ferentz are true.

Jon Clayton was just on ESPN and thinks they're looking at Mangini as a possible defensive coordinator, and that he's not really even much of a candidate for head coach. Probably because the reports of Ferentz are true.

I think the DC part is true but Ferentz is media spin. Lerner has named his "A" list of coaches and Ferentz wasn't even mentioned. I still think McDaniel or Schwartz with Mangini as DC/ ASST. HC

I think the DC part is true but Ferentz is media spin. Lerner has named his "A" list of coaches and Ferentz wasn't even mentioned. I still think McDaniel or Schwartz with Mangini as DC/ ASST. HC

I have trouble seeing Mangini as Schwartz's DC. Two different philosophies, and Mangini has very little, if any, experience with Schwartz's style of defense.

-Al

I have trouble seeing Mangini as Schwartz's DC. Two different philosophies, and Mangini has very little, if any, experience with Schwartz's style of defense.

-Al

Hey Al...Not that im an authority on Croatian History,But being of Croatian descent Myself but had noticed that the avatar of yours starts with a red square as the PreCommunist version starts with a white square...If You want a Pre-Communist one Id be happy to forward you one...

Nickers....

Is it only me that gets frustrated over an owner who picks up parts of the coaching staff before selecting a GM?

He did it with Crennel and now, it appears, that he is doing something comparable with Mangini.

Lerner is referred to a hands off owner. Hands off after he messes with the GMs or HCs staffs.

Why not try the old fashioned way, Randy. Select a GM and let HIM select the entire staff.

Sell the team, Randy. You like the soccer team much better any way.

Hire Pioli and let him get to work.

-Al

You are absolutely right there, that wouldn't work at all. McDaniel and Mangini would work. I am afraid of Schwartz because Fisher has his hands all over the defense and Schwartz doesn't know offense. I could see him keeping Chud.

Guest Aloysius

That's assuming Schwartz would run a 4-3 here. A reasonable assumption, but not guaranteed - before the '04 season, Schwartz considered switching the Titans to a 3-4 defense. And after that season, Schwartz was a candidate for DC jobs in New England & Miami.

Above all, Schwartz preaches running the scheme that best fits your personnel. In our case, that may translate into running a 3-4.

Archived