THE BROWNS BOARD

Pioli - Shanahan - Martz - Marinelli....does that sound good?

TK39

shanahan and pioli are ok, but martz is living off his 'greatest show on turf' rep and is, ultimately, a sub-par OC. he's been figured out and his schemes aren't that great. he also gets QBs killed by constantly calling long-developing routes, and i think his pass protection schemes are suspect. he's also an egomaniac who's just waiting to become a HC again. no martz, please.

and marinelli's a tampa-2 guy. personally, i think he's better suited to be a position coach. he was a great d-line coach in tampa; i'd like to see him come here in the same capacity and teach our guys one-gap techniques to use in what i hope will be a one-gap 3-4 or, at the very least, attacking 4-3 that our new DC will install.

Honestly that HC/OC duo makes no sense what so ever. You combine a guy who likes to pound to the rock, with someone who is like 90/10% in favor of the pass.

I was just hoping that they could work together and find a happy medium.

I was just thinking Martz - Quinn - Edwards - Winslow - (and the slight posibility of Crabtree). Sounds good to me.

I was just hoping that they could work together and find a happy medium.

I was just thinking Martz - Quinn - Edwards - Winslow - (and the slight posibility of Crabtree). Sounds good to me.

Martz has been fired from numerous jobs for a reason, terrible play calling and refusing to run the ball. This guy had Steven Jackson at RB and refused to use him. What do you think he is gonna do with Jamal Lewis as his main RB :lol:

You're probably right but he did do well as OC with SF and Det not to mention STL. I do think he's kind of a quack though.

I was just going through my options. But this would be the best offense he's had since STL.

No Martz, no Marinelli.

Shanahan if was willing to be HC only ... and Pioli as GM.

Shanahan and Quinn could be a thing of beauty ... but you need to sign a Greg Williams type to be the defensive coach ... maybe that's the role for Mangenius ... being Shanahan's DC.

Zombo

I'd say no to all of these options.

Get somebody new for all the positions

Pioli GM

Grimm HC

Keep Chud as OC or get Hue Jackson as OC

Pick the best position coach of Spagnoulo or Schwartz as DC

I like Grimm, he's not being mentioned enough.

Who is Hue Jackson?

Zombo

--Gotta google that one

No Martz, no Marinelli.

Shanahan if was willing to be HC only ... and Pioli as GM.

Shanahan and Quinn could be a thing of beauty ... but you need to sign a Greg Williams type to be the defensive coach ... maybe that's the role for Mangenius ... being Shanahan's DC.

Zombo

Shanahan wants total control and Pioli wants total control. The reason Shanahan got fired is that he wouldn't give up his position as GM.

Archived