THE BROWNS BOARD

Wussiest City in America?

Zombo

Rich I've always maintained that despite your long standing Browns fanship that also being a fan of the steelers completely disables you from really "getting it" when it comes to the rivalry.

Clevelanders hate Pittsburgh, It's not that hard to understand, and when you hate a team the way you do threads like this will naturally occur. It's ball busting at it's finest, yet for whatever reason you and ghoolie get all bent out of shape over it. Un-freakin-believeable. I love ya guys you know that, but there will be things about you two I will never understand.

Ghoolie has chest thumped about beating the shit out of steeler fans better than anybody, but then he takes exception to this thread? He's a living embodiment of a contradiction. The guy can't get anything straight. When I asked him straight up about who he really wants to run this franchise (and who's available) he shit his pants and shrugged his shoulders.

Everybody is available...............Ghoolie made statements about whom to get.........YOU DECIDED they are not available..........Randy Lerner is worth 2 billion dollars.........EVERYBODY IS AVAILABLE including Bill Polian and Bill Belichick and Urban Meyer and Jim Schwartz and Rich.................

I appreciate your finely written post except it is you that doesn't get it....................REAL FAN DO NOT HATE THEIR REAL RIVALS THEY ADMIRE THEM AND WANT TO BEAT THE SNOT OUT OFTHEM MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE ......hate is reserved for dirtballs ....NOT RIVALS..................thus Clevelanders who hate Pittsburgh are NOT REAL FANS they are dumbass fans..........Pittsburgh fans do not hate CLEVELAND they wish they were competitive and the REAL RIVALRY WOULD be anew. I never hated my biggest rival in any sport and always wished them to go unbeaten except when we kicked the snot out of them. I always wanted to beat the snot out of Pittsburgh and hoped they beat the snot out of everyone else. That is because I AM A REAL FAN................maybe someday you will get it because you are smart .........as for many dumbass Cleveland fans who hate Pittsburgh they are too stupid to understand what it means to have a REAL RIVALRY........

now I will digress and respond to our leader ATENEARS who criticized me and challenged me to predict the future.................Mr. Atenears, I did predict the future about the aformementioned busts. They were all busts as I predicted. I also predicted the future about Big Ben and Rivers and Larry Johnson and Brain Urlacher and Drew Brees and Chris Gocong and DeAngelo Williams and Andre Johnson and Eric Steinbach and Adrian Peterson and Nick Barnett...........all players who I wanted to draft and we could have had except for Rivers and Brees who we could have had in FA and I went hard saying to sign one of them when SD had the predicament..............BUT WE PASSED ON EVERYONE OF THESE ALL PRO's...........how bout you Atenears..........predict sumtim.............

As for Couch I was off that bandwagon by the end of his first year......A year ahead of YOU there too....

doon't stand too close to Zomblow at the urinal.his tiny pee pee is hard to aim :rolleyes:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ATENEARS
now I will digress and respond to our leader ATENEARS who criticized me and challenged me to predict the future.................Mr. Atenears, I did predict the future about the aformementioned busts. They were all busts as I predicted. I also predicted the future about Big Ben and Rivers and Larry Johnson and Brain Urlacher and Drew Brees and Chris Gocong and DeAngelo Williams and Andre Johnson and Eric Steinbach and Adrian Peterson and Nick Barnett...........all players who I wanted to draft and we could have had except for Rivers and Brees who we could have had in FA and I went hard saying to sign one of them when SD had the predicament..............BUT WE PASSED ON EVERYONE OF THESE ALL PRO's...........how bout you Atenears..........predict sumtim.............

You still haven't predicted anything.

As for Couch I was off that bandwagon by the end of his first year......A year ahead of YOU there too....

Wrong.

doon't stand too close to Zomblow at the urinal.his tiny pee pee is hard to aim :rolleyes:

Thanks for that tip, sounds like you had a bad experience.

Guest Masters

Way to stay above the mud slinging. Keep on the high road like you say you do :rolleyes:

While I don't doubt that you are the leading candidate for pecker prying on this board, it certainly wasn't lack of pee pee meat that made me piss on you, I was trying to do you a favor and wash Ghoolie's jism off your boot.

Zombo

Hey, not everybody is into size like Big Gay.

Apparently da ich is more into the motion in the ocean.

To each his own Satn, to each his own.

You still haven't predicted anything.

Wrong.

I predicted the busts would be busts and that those Pro Bowlers I named should be drafted and are now pro bowlers...........and they are............both sides......I WIN AGAIN and you are pissing in the wind again............as usual..........Listen to Daddy son and you to will spout football genius.......udderwise have Rich continuously embarrass your football acumen...............some folks never learn

and I wuz way ahead of you on Couch................and two years on the munckin catching the six yard pass on third and eight.............one specific prediction .........did Ben win a Super Bowl and did I not say drafting Winsblow was a dark day in Browns history when Ben wuz dere for the taking...............misinform all aboout that too

Guest ATENEARS
I predicted the busts would be busts and that those Pro Bowlers I named should be drafted and are now pro bowlers...........and they are............both sides......I WIN AGAIN and you are pissing in the wind again............as usual..........Listen to Daddy son and you to will spout football genius.......udderwise it is best to stay quiet rather than have Rich continuously embarrass your football acumen...............some folks never learn

No new predictions (again) ... just more of the same ambulance chasing. We'll wait .....

and I wuz way ahead of you on Couch................

Wrong.

OK I will compromise on Couch........it was one time we were completely on the same page...............so I ask you when did you actually give up on him.............

To me it was mid second year..............

The way I remember it....from the very first mention of the "Kentucky Rifle," Stan was shouting HELL NO!

Granted that was almost 10 years and a couple hundred bottles of Crown Royal ago, but that's what I remember.

Doug

Ok Furnier..........your word is a trust............if he was against the Kentucky Rifle from the start.............he beat me out.......

and makes me wanna cry........now I been outdone four times in football wizardry.............Crown Royal sounds good now

but I ax whom did Stan want wit dat first pick in 99

Guest ATENEARS
OK I will compromise on Couch........it was one time we were completely on the same page...............so I ask you when did you actually give up on him.............

To me it was mid second year..............

'Q' and I watched the Kentucky pop-gun about 6 times on TV in 1998. I wasn't sold on him from the few times I watched in in 1997 and in six lack-luster games were he threw for 300+ yards in each, I came away saying that he never does anything. Throwing the ball for something like 50+ times per game results in 300 dink-n-dunk yards but didn't impress me at all. I started loudly shouting NOT to draft Tim Couch in about November of 1998 and carried an almost solo effort through the Draft in 1999, through his rookie campaign in 1999, and finally took on some passengers with my stance in 2000.

Two of my favorite lines back then were #1) Drew Brees (then a Soph/junior) would make a better pro than Tim Couch. -and- #2) When it is all said and done, Torry Holt would be the best player from that draft class (although McNabb probably is today in hindsight).

However, with all that said, I still don't go around rubbing those predictions in anyones face because Drew Bress may be driving a snow plow in Indiana today had he came to a messed up franchise such as this debactle in Cleveland that Couch got pounded in.

You really can't point to success of a late round pick (such as Marques Colston) and act as if he would have had that same type of start here. You can't say that Brees would have been given any kind of start had he been drafted in Green Bay. You can't say that Torry Holt woud have that success without playing for the Greatest Show on Turf in St. Louis.

BOTTOM LINE: It's time to quit looking in the past. Lerner has cleared the slate .... how do we move forward? I don't know and I won't be claiming I did in three years, how about you?

Guest ATENEARS
but I ax whom did Stan want wit dat first pick in 99

I wanted Ricky Williams unless a blockbuster trade presented itself. It just so happened that the Ditka deal happened and the stupid ass Browns put on blinders for Tim Couch and never even tried to negotiate with Ditka.

I'd have taken the Ditka Trade and then probably tried to move-up and take Donte Culpepper.

I thought Torry Holt was the best player, but I made it clear that we could not start off the franchise with a WR.

I had plenty of misses in that draft. I didn't like Mcnabb because of the reports of him throwing-up his lunch from nervousness. I didn't want us in the AFC Championship and the camera to pan over and see Donovan yaking on the sideline.

I didn't like Champ Bailey (and was wrong about him).

I liked Joe Germaine in the fourth round (I may have been wrong).

I liked Andy Katzenmoyer, but not with the #1 overall.

That was a fun ass draft to debate and boy did we debate it back in the day. If you had to stick me with one player to draft at the #1, I would have drafted Ricky Williams.

I favored going after Rich Gannon in free agency ... and I remember Zombo and I agreed on that point, but he was a Couch homo extream.

I liked Andy Katzenmoyer, but not with the #1 overall.

That's a real knee slapper, Atenears.

You wanted that big dumb redneck over anybody in the draft until I set you you straight.

Zombo

--At least we agree Couch never had a chance in that debacle.

Man that was great Atenears your memory is way better than mine...........i can make excuses though

I also liked Germaine........but got enchonsed on Couch numbers in college without ever seeing him much but one game.........

I never really understood it was a dink and dump offense........

So yes indeed I wanted him with that one pick.........my bad .........my worst bad

but like I said into year two I saw enough of that dink and dumper Kentucky Rifle with a pop gun arm and reading skills non existent and pocket presence non existent

I also liked Ricky Williams but got lost in my always need to have a franchise QB as a cornerstone which I thought at that time was Touchdown Timmay

I wuz wrong about that pick....................

But none since............anyway..............thanks for the memories and the good words on where we were then in the most optimistic of times

until I went to the opener against Pittsburgh at night and saw the worst football team ever in my life................and we got waxed 43-0 and I wasn't even upset

because it was a new beginning.................NOW I AM PISSED OFF BIG TIME................but wait

I am again optimistic cause we are getting a new GM and new Coach............and who knows they can turn this around in a year or two

We need a RB for starters and maybe a QB depending on whether Quinn is the real deal.........but we have hope

Randy is worth two billion dollars............I wish he would offer Bill Polian 100 million to build a team

now if you can get some of these whiney members to quit worrying about what I said and heed what I say tings would be just peachy

Guest ATENEARS

That's a real knee slapper......

Might have been the best line that set off an all out war for the next 4+ years. I remember your reply to that post calling me a pompous asshole among other colorful names ... that was a ball buster, not just a knee slapper.

Who would have imagined that we would all still be here exchanging jabs 10 years later?

(Corey Bridges was never given a fair chance either)

Guest Masters

So what you are saying is your infinate football knowledge doesn't include an understanding of a spread offense :blink::rolleyes:

Guest ATENEARS
Man that was great Atenears your memory is way better than mine...........i can make excuses though

I also liked Germaine........but got enchonsed on Couch numbers in college without ever seeing him much but one game.........

It was complete Dink-n-Dunk at Kentucky. Did you know that Kentucky's RB that year had more receiving yards than David Boston?

Operated out of the shot-gun about 90% of the time, all underneith shit and they never beat a ranked opponent.

They even brought in Hal Mumme's kid to throw the Hail Mary (Oh great memories and the butt of many jokes)

Where's Flugel, he loves this shit.

Might have been the best line that set off an all out war for the next 4+ years. I remember your reply to that post calling me a pompous asshole among other colorful names ... that was a ball buster, not just a knee slapper.

Who would have imagined that we would all still be here exchanging jabs 10 years later?

(Corey Bridges was never given a fair chance either)

But you did not say when you turned against Couch and totally believed he was el busto..........................was that before he played or during...........cause I never heard that from you until well into his useless playing days...........and den we were bof wailing about the bum..........while our pals lead by the Beloved Shep were still enthralled with his rocket arm..........and Zombo was still peeing all and missing everything but his shoes with his pee wee manhood

BTW, who is your choice wit the one pick diss year and GM and Coach as well...............put it out dere.........and Zombo you too when you clean off your shoes

Guest ATENEARS
So what you are saying is your infinate football knowledge doesn't include an understanding of a spread offense :blink::rolleyes:

Wasn't a spread (per se in todays game) because the QB never ran it, and they operated a lot with an empty back field. It was just a bunch of 5-7 yard patterns and all underneith dumping.

It sucked ... we might need to stop talking about the 1998 Kentucky team before I slam down my laptop and beat my Hag.

Guest Masters
Wasn't a spread (per se in todays game) because the QB never ran it, and they operated a lot with an empty back field. It was just a bunch of 5-7 yard patterns and all underneith dumping.

It sucked ... we might need to stop talking about the 1998 Kentucky team before I slam down my laptop and beat my Hag.

I myself don't add running QB into the equation of a spread (though that really helps it), when I define it. It was a spread like TT runs, or the old days of the run and shoot in the NFL. All about getting 4 or 5 wide, quick release, short routes, get YAC. Works well until you run into teams with quick ends, and more than 1 good CB in college. In the NFL, you're just doomed if you want to run it all day.

Might have been the best line that set off an all out war for the next 4+ years.

That 99 draft was so over-analyzed and so much fun, nothing can compare. We were so starving for some Cleveland Browns football we couldn't see straight.

It's a shame we got served such a heap of crap ... but it's still fun.

I'm enjoying all this Mangini-Pioli-Ferentz stuff too, I hope Skippy doesn't "prune" all this so we can see exactly what people said three or four years from now.

"Corey Bridges" belongs in the football forum Hall of Fame.

Right there with Fatdad at the disco and Gumbodog in the elevator with Scott Rehberg.

Zombo1700

Guest ATENEARS
But you did not say when you turned against Couch and totally believed he was el busto..........................

I never was fooled ... EVER. I was never on-board, I hated him from the start. Or at least I hated him after having a few guys over to scout him and after the game, Timmy was parading around the field like cal ripken after sustaining a 24-17 loss where hje threw for 300+ yards (again) and my buddies and I would look at each other and say, "Ok, but what exactly did he accomplish in that game???"

I then would go and kick the dog and run down the street ripping out mail boxes and stop signs out of frustration because Cleveland already had fixed eyes on that loser.

Seriously, I NEVER was on-board and was more negative than you.

Also, you weren't around in those days, you were still in exile from AOL. These conversations took place on AOL/CBS. I was the only one reaching out to you to keep you in the mix and beneficial moving the group to a www forum you could participate in, but you've always forgotten about that too.

BTW, who is your choice wit the one pick diss year and GM and Coach as well...............put it out dere.........and Zombo you too when you clean off your shoes

I didn't watch enough college games this season, so I am not going to throw out names. I want the best RB or LB though. I also don't give a ratass about anyone particular for GM or Coach ... I just want someone who is going to coach these guys up to a much, much higher energy and sense of emergency each Sunday. We need a big uppidity in intensity ... I could care less of the guys name ... only care about action.

I have no names edder but want to focus on skill offensive players like a RB( Sonny Reed wants Wells hard to argue with that and Sonny is good football mind) first then WR AND LB .......the latter two in no order..............as far as GM and Coach it is vitally important.............Bill Polian is my guy ..........make an offer he cannot refuse ..............and bring in Urban Meyer and make him an offer he cannot refuse............or this guy Schwartz or maybe even Mangini............NO FERENTZ please............or a number of other head coach candidates

Guest ATENEARS
I have no names edder but want to focus on skill offensive players like a RB( Sonny Reed wants Wells hard to argue with that and Sonny is good football mind)

I'm not sold on Wells durability ... that concerns me, although no doubt he is a big runner when healthy.

first then WR AND LB .......the latter two in no order..............

Too many holes to fill, so I guess I consider Braylon a component still. If you consider Braylon gone, than this picture is really, really dim and yes we will need a WR big time.

We are on the same page on both accounts.............I too am concerned about Wells durability.............that was a concern about Peterson too............it has to be part of the equation..........Edwards is an official head case now so who knows where that goes

We need a WR with or without him..............no depth there.........NONE or at RB.........I will hopefully do some diligence on available running backs before the draft.........

right now I have a list of draftees that is zippo

Guest Masters

The Wells durability vs. Peterson are a bit of apples and oranges, imo. Peterson never had the same injury or even in the same place. While Wells since day one at OSU has had a foot or ankle injury every year.

If Wells can go somewhere that he is used in split time (like Stewart and Williams in CAR), I think he will excel.

Archived