THE BROWNS BOARD

REY WHO!

bigred

A SS like a Palumalu is a great asset in the 3-4. It's like having another LB to blitz with and also being in the nickle. I think Mays could be that kind of SS in the NFL. I just don't see a safety being taken at #5.

But, the more I watch these bowl games and the more I see some of these top guys playing against other top talent, I think Laurinaitis will move up the board. OSU had him in coverage most of the first half of the season and his numbers still are better then Maulaluga's numbers. I think JL gets off of blocks and moves faster laterally then RM.

From what I saw tonight Rey looked Apprehensive, it looked like he was being cautious trying not to screw up, he played a solid game.

I did see tonight that Rey is good at sniffing out the Pile. I saw a few times there were pile ups at the LOS with the RB and Rey found the opening to bring him down.

Curry did not have an amazing bowl game either.

Im still on the Reywagon

A SS like a Palumalu is a great asset in the 3-4. It's like having another LB to blitz with and also being in the nickle. I think Mays could be that kind of SS in the NFL. I just don't see a safety being taken at #5.

But, the more I watch these bowl games and the more I see some of these top guys playing against other top talent, I think Laurinaitis will move up the board. OSU had him in coverage most of the first half of the season and his numbers still are better then Maulaluga's numbers. I think JL gets off of blocks and moves faster laterally then RM.

Laurinaitis will be a better pro than Maualuga. In fact, I think he will be better than a lot of people think.

I didn't watch the entire game...but what I saw from Mays and Maualuga in the first half worried me.

Maualuga was totally lost in coverage. He didn't even react in space on a couple of plays. The only decent play he had the entire first half was a TFL....that he ALMOST OVERRAN!!!

Mays looked good...had some big hits....but he also missed a few tackles BECAUSE he was going for the big hit...and didn't bother to wrap up with his arms. He leads with his shoulder and keeps his arms low...so if a guy is elusive they can bounce off him and keep going. The best play he had was on the forced fumble...where he WRAPPED UP and #7 was able to punch the ball out.

Both guys look to me like guys accustomed to playing lesser talent and getting by on their natural talent alone...both lacking in the basic 'football skills' department.

They are both physical freaks though.

If the Browns think they can coach them up (which I am NOT sure of), then they would be great picks. Otherwise, I would go with the extremely talented AND disciplined Curry.

Archived