THE BROWNS BOARD

Open APOLOGY to John Collins

Squintz

John,

As an avid Browns fan and season ticket holder, I'd like to take a minute to sincerely apologize for my actions in 2006. When it was reported that there was a rift between you and Phil Savage that was possibly leading to his dismissal and you staying on with the team, I was one of thousands of fans that immediately called the Browns offices and sent in emails in favor of Savage.

Previous to this, I had discussed ideas several times with the then equipment manager who sent some of my ideas and emails to your office. And you listened. You even emailed me several times actually taking feedback from the fans. But even though you had taken the time to directly communicate with the fanbase and honestly listened to what myself and other fans opinions were, I turned my back on you in favor of a 'football guy'.

I'm sorry.

I see now what you obviously saw coming a couple of years ago.

It is my hope that you are doing well and would welcome you back to the Browns family with open arms any time you would like.

Sincerely,

Myself along with many other wrong Browns fans

I'm sure in Savage's mind, the problem was he still didn't have enough power, and the team would succeed if they just all listened to him and did exactly as he had planned in his head (God probably told him the plan).

The problem is, I don't think Phil Savage ever earned the right to have that much power, and didn't have that kind of respect from those around him.

Lerner was probably trusting his instincts when he was going to keep Collins and let Savage go, but he listened to the fans and media ... it's nice that we have his ear and everything, but his father wouldn't have given a shit what anybody thought, he would have made an executive decison and plowed forward. I don't think Junior has that kind of fortitude.

I never liked the setup from the beginning ... Savage had too much control for a guy who was Newsome's sidekick (insert coffee fetcher reference here), and Crennel, who was never known as an X's and O's guy, had no control over his own roster. I think it's emasculating when you have a guy upstairs having final control over who is on the coach's 53 man roster. The coach needs to go in there like Mike Singletary and send people to the showers, to the bench, and to the bus if needed.

Romeo had to get Opie's OK before he could do anything like that.

This team needed a John Collins to run the business organization of things, and a real coach to be the CEO of what goes down on the field, and then you send Opie on scouting trips and let him do what he does best.

Ya, we all got nervous and said "Oh no .... don't let the football guy go, we are finally drafting like an NFL team" ... but the truth of the matter is, we needed Junior to step up and be a man and take control of the team and trust his instinct. Someone needs to be in charge ... and it shouldn't have been Opie.

If it's Pioli and Ferentz, or McKay and Shanahan, or Skippy and Roach, I'll be fine with it, as long as Lerner CLEARLY sets up the structure of the team, let's everyone know there is accountability to HIM, let's the organizational people do their thing, let's the football people do their thing, and let's the coach be a godddamn coach.

Zombo

I'm sure in Savage's mind, the problem was he still didn't have enough power, and the team would succeed if they just all listened to him and did exactly as he had planned in his head (God probably told him the plan).

The problem is, I don't think Phil Savage ever earned the right to have that much power, and didn't have that kind of respect from those around him.

Lerner was probably trusting his instincts when he was going to keep Collins and let Savage go, but he listened to the fans and media ... it's nice that we have his ear and everything, but his father wouldn't have given a shit what anybody thought, he would have made an executive decison and plowed forward. I don't think Junior has that kind of fortitude.

I never liked the setup from the beginning ... Savage had too much control for a guy who was Newsome's sidekick (insert coffee fetcher reference here), and Crennel, who was never known as an X's and O's guy, had no control over his own roster. I think it's emasculating when you have a guy upstairs having final control over who is on the coach's 53 man roster. The coach needs to go in there like Mike Singletary and send people to the showers, to the bench, and to the bus if needed.

Romeo had to get Opie's OK before he could do anything like that.

This team needed a John Collins to run the business organization of things, and a real coach to be the CEO of what goes down on the field, and then you send Opie on scouting trips and let him do what he does best.

Ya, we all got nervous and said "Oh no .... don't let the football guy go, we are finally drafting like an NFL team" ... but the truth of the matter is, we needed Junior to step up and be a man and take control of the team and trust his instinct. Someone needs to be in charge ... and it shouldn't have been Opie.

If it's Pioli and Ferentz, or McKay and Shanahan, or Skippy and Roach, I'll be fine with it, as long as Lerner CLEARLY sets up the structure of the team, let's everyone know there is accountability to HIM, let's the organizational people do their thing, let's the football people do their thing, and let's the coach be a godddamn coach.

Zombo

Amen brother..

Guest Masters

The same who never worked for an NFL team before or since his firing?

Don't feel bad, reports are he has still been working for Lerner in one of his holding companies.

Guest Ghoolie
John,

As an avid Browns fan and season ticket holder, I'd like to take a minute to sincerely apologize for my actions in 2006. When it was reported that there was a rift between you and Phil Savage that was possibly leading to his dismissal and you staying on with the team, I was one of thousands of fans that immediately called the Browns offices and sent in emails in favor of Savage.

Previous to this, I had discussed ideas several times with the then equipment manager who sent some of my ideas and emails to your office. And you listened. You even emailed me several times actually taking feedback from the fans. But even though you had taken the time to directly communicate with the fanbase and honestly listened to what myself and other fans opinions were, I turned my back on you in favor of a 'football guy'.

I'm sorry.

I see now what you obviously saw coming a couple of years ago.

It is my hope that you are doing well and would welcome you back to the Browns family with open arms any time you would like.

Sincerely,

Myself along with many other wrong Browns fans

Yeah, well EXCLUDE RICH4EAGLE and GHOOLE from that mess.

We BOTH told you all along Collins was given a raw deal because he was telling Lerner things Lerner did NOT want to hear.

You guys were so busy chanting " IN SEWAGE WE TRUST" you couldn't see the Forrest for the trees. At least you have the honor to admit it.

The funny thing is, the SAME THING IS HAPPENING AGAIN. Lerner is going to hire ANOTHER coffee Fetcher.

NOBODY who works with Bill Belichik, by definition can be ANYTHING BUT A YES MAN.

Pioli is a joke.

Guest Masters
The funny thing is, the SAME THING IS HAPPENING AGAIN. Lerner is going to hire ANOTHER coffee Fetcher.

NOBODY who works with Bill Belichik, by definition can be ANYTHING BUT A YES MAN.

So I'll ask this again, explain Dimitroff in ATL if everyone everyone who works for BB is a yes man/coffee fetcher?

Archived