THE BROWNS BOARD

Pioli staying in NE?

WPB Dawg Fan

Rumor has it that Pioli is using the Browns and the Chiefs to wrestle more power in NE.

Seems that Kraft is in the process of turning the team over to his son....and Pioli is seeing this as an opportunity to increase his power in NE. That is why many think his 'demands' have been so high...things that quote "no NFL team could do".

He keeps going on interviews and playing the part...if NE blinks he gets to stay with a team that has won all those championships and just missed the playoffs this year...with increased power.

If NE doesn't blink, he lands a GM position with all the bells and whistles.

Not a bad setup for him....

...but not a good situation for the Browns (if true).

Rumor has it that Pioli is using the Browns and the Chiefs to wrestle more power in NE.

Seems that Kraft is in the process of turning the team over to his son....and Pioli is seeing this as an opportunity to increase his power in NE. That is why many think his 'demands' have been so high...things that quote "no NFL team could do".

He keeps going on interviews and playing the part...if NE blinks he gets to stay with a team that has won all those championships and just missed the playoffs this year...with increased power.

If NE doesn't blink, he lands a GM position with all the bells and whistles.

Not a bad setup for him....

...but not a good situation for the Browns (if true).

If thats the case then screw him!

I don't think he is going to pull much power away from Belichick, but that was brought up last year and again this year. Even though teams are giving him everything that he is asking for he still balks and goes back to NE.

So, I put my plug in for Charley Casserly right now. If McKay knows that Pioli is definately out of the picture, then he will sit down with Lerner.

I don't think he is going to pull much power away from Belichick, but that was brought up last year and again this year. Even though teams are giving him everything that he is asking for he still balks and goes back to NE.

So, I put my plug in for Charley Casserly right now. If McKay knows that Pioli is definately out of the picture, then he will sit down with Lerner.

I Myself would rather have Casserly...hes a "Known" commodity...and I think He would bring a no nonsense guy like Schwarts here...

How does any change in ownership help Pioli? Isn't it Belichick that has the powers Pioli wants?

Because the son doesn't know football...(kind of like the Lerner issue). So Pioli thinks that the SR will allow him to have a little more power in order to keep the team running smoothly in his absence.

More money I'd believe, but why more power? Heck with that. You're in a job that is secure and part of the most successful NFL franchise of the century. More power to do what? Bring the Pats to winning ways? Make the Pats "better"? I think he risks pissing off Bellichick and the Kraft family.

If that's his game, then I don't get it. A little more money I get. Longer contract for more job security, I get that too. But more power to what end? More power for power's sake?

Maybe I'm missing something...

Guest Masters
That's the question: IS here animosity between Mangini and Pioli? I've heard there isn't.

I have read that there is and I have read that there isn't. I think it's unknown.

Guest Masters

Of course it could be a simple as Pioli isn't sure he even wants to go to a new job. As most know, it is never really that easy to leave a current job, if you are comfortable there and like the people you work with. This isn't quite the easy decision we'd all like to believe it is.

We have to give lerner his dues..he is doing a good job of covering all bases but i think the really good talents dont like something about the way lerner runs things they keep gently nudging him away..

We may end up having to take a chance on lesser experience but if randy chooses wise we could end up with a real gem..im starting to think like ghoolie if pioli/mckay/tuna dont bite..lerner should seriously consider offering bernie kosar the opportunity he has the loyalty and the passion but he lacks management experience...so what he is a smart guy that loves and knows people and the game he would make things happen...

Get one of many available experienced double duty coaches give him all but complete control of the roster with (kosars approval) almost anyone that wants to turn this club around could work with bernie...who knows?

So it's not just me then?? :blink:

I dont think its so much lerner because he is giving it hell.. i think the talented guys that are comfy where they are at are using lerner as leverage and others dont want to come to cleveland but that have somewhere else in mind are once again using lerner for leverage believe me i would love to crack lerners ass on this but its not him this time...these fellas know lerner is desperate and will offer gobs of money they can then expect to get better offers from where they are or where they want to go..

Seriously who wants to risk their professional career on turning the browns around?

Only a talented guy with big balls that wants a challenge or a desperado...

If the big 3 plans fail lerner may be better to look at kosar.. a browns fan hero and favorite hes a great guy and would do his very best thats a given...

From a PFT posting:

Meanwhile, there’s growing speculation in league circles that misinformation regarding Pioli’s status and his supposed demands is coming either from Browns employees who fear losing their jobs — or from Patriots executives who fear losing Pioli.

I have a bad feeling Lerner is f*cking it all up again, I really do.

Lerner is COMPLETELY fcuking this up. I strated to get the sick feeling yesterday RE: this.

If we don't land Pioli, there really isn't anything out there. McCreight is a Savage guy...I can't believe he's still with the organization.

This being-in-limbo shit sucks.

Guest Aloysius

Speaking of PFT. this post makes me think that other teams (& owners) are incredibly more competent at this stuff than we are.

This is an amazing combination:

• GM: Eagles' personnel man Tom Heckert, who's now emerging as a sleeper candidate for our GM job
  • HC: Steve Spagnuolo, who has experience with Heckert from his time in Philly & will look to rebuild their defense
  • OC: Retain QB coach/OC Jeremy Bates, who's considered one of the brightest young offensive minds in the league. The first thing Jay Cutler did when the news of Shanahan's firing broke was publicly call for Bates to be retained, which tells you how much he respects Bates
That's a frickin' brilliant combination. I bet the Broncos pull that one off while Lerner flirts with Mangini & Pioli like they're on some crappy MTV dating show.

Maybe if we shout "Next" loud enough, Lerner will get back on the bus & a competent new owner will magically appear.

Nobody has ever confused Randy Lerner for Pat Bowlen.

Ever since I saw Bowlen rockin' the fur on the sidelines jibber-jabbering with Elway years ago, I knew the Broncos had something we didn't.

patbowlenfurcoat.jpg

Bowlen stables da best bitches in Denver. Ask anybody, yo.

<_<

Makes Me wonder if Bowlen Is slightly gay...hmmm...

That isn't gay, nickers. That's pimp.

oooookay!,,,but hey anything out west is possible,LOLZ!

Archived