THE BROWNS BOARD

now what if we sign piloni

why cant we win

Guest Masters
So Lerner had no problem with who he drafted, it sounded like he was such an asshole Lerner had no choice but to get rid of him. He probably didn't like him very much.

I think it came down to what a lot of people ultimately had a problem w/ Savage about. He's a bit of a dick.

Most of us would agree the Browns have talent better than their record. Same with the former players and talking heads on ESPN, NFL Network, SI, etc.

As the owner I guess you have to decide what or who is the better for for the organization. Who you want to be the face of the organization and who is the best fit.

I think the bottom line is, what combination can produce most wins.

Personally, I think coaches win more games then GMs. Any coach that has to have a GM make his roster decisions probably isn't ready to be a HC.

Pioli is still in the picture but rumors are that his demands for control are too much for Lerner to accept. Lerner also wants a coach with NFL experience and does not want a college coach. Pioli's interview may not even happen in KC after he had a preliminary talk over the phone with the owner.

There's no defined deadline for Pioili but Lerner does have a timetable and will most likely move on Monday.

I don't believe he wants to lose out on Mangini. McKay said he would talk to him after this weekends game. McKay will only talk to him if Pioli is out of the picture.

Right now I would put my money on Mangini as HC, McCreight, Kokinis, Polian's son or some other Player Personnel Director as GM and a experienced guy like Rich McKay or even a Marty or Tom Donahoe or Charley Casserly type as Vice President of Football Operations. McKay would probably be perfect because of his vast administrative experience.

Your coach would coach, pick his asst. and have some say in his roster. The GM would offer player personnel assistance and run the scouting department and you would have an experienced VP to direct the operation and be a deciding voice if there was a problem.

Guest Masters
what if we do get mangini whats the chances of us getting mcdaniels as our OC

None, unless CLE wants to make him OC/assistant HC. He's under contract in NE and can only get out of it if offered a higher level job.

Archived