THE BROWNS BOARD

Colts vs. Bolts

JC

I give Masters props on saying Gonzo would be better in the NFL than Ginn.............SO FAR..........it ain't over yet...........I liked em both but always felt Ginn had more upside.....

good so far Masters

and I like Rivers and Manning bof...........Rivers is a player plain and simple and we peed away our chance to get him when we could have.............sewaged that one too

Guest Masters

Was never, ever, a chance to get Rivers, other than by picking him in the draft (and that wasn't Savage then). SD was never gonna trade Rivers. There is a reason they kept him and let Brees walk for nothing.

Savage certainly could have traded for Brees, or at least signed him when he was a FA.

Sorry again ............but everyone is available ........at all times..............you just need to pay what it takes..........

Rivers could have been had for a one pick or maybe a one pick and two pick or less after Brees lit it up...........

less that we paid for Quinn..........

it was after Brees got hurt they decided to let him go.............and we could have had Brees then way less that what we paid for Quinn again..............

we were SEWAGED we de future in Charlie Frye.............and now the mighty Quinn..........

Guest Masters

What it would have taken would have cost a whole lot more than Quinn did, or CLE could ever afford to give up. It would have taken a Ricky Williams deal to get him. CLE could not afford that at all.

And obviously SD gave up on Brees, it is why they drafted Rivers and paid him a whole lot more money to ride the bench than Quinn did.

Sorry again ............but everyone is available ........at all times..............

It's not the mafia, bro.

I realize you've been watching football since the days of no forward pass or helmets, but today's NFL has things like salary caps, free agency, contracts and, well, helmets.

Guest Masters
It's not the mafia, bro.

I realize you've been watching football since the days of no forward pass or helmets, but today's NFL has things like salary caps, free agency, contracts and, well, helmets.

Don't forget less draft picks and more competition.

Thank you Masters.

In rich's world, if you want a player, say Peyton manning, you either offer him 50 gazillion dollars or just go take him against his will.

Coaches and GM are not part of salary caps..................and if you can afford to pay Jamal Lewis 6 million and then Orpheus Roye and Cutch 5 million and now have 37 million dollar offensive line that resulted IN ZERO TDS in the last six games...........salary cap is no problem getting franchise playmaker skill players............

but sewage just kept adding plowhorses.............and old fat slobs and 26 million CB's who do not intercept passes or play ...........I suppose you like that formula?.

Guest Masters
Coaches and GM are not part of salary caps..................and if you can afford to pay Jamal Lewis 6 million and then Orpheus Roye and Cutch 5 million and now have 37 million dollar offensive line that resulted IN ZERO TDS in the last six games...........salary cap is no problem getting franchise playmaker skill players............

but sewage just kept adding plowhorses.............and old fat slobs and 26 million CB's who do not intercept passes or play ...........I suppose you like that formula?.

No, but to get them from other teams they cost you draft picks (see Parcels, BB, Edwards, and Gruden, as examples).

The line had next to nothing to do w/ CLE not scoring a TD on O for the last 6 games. They weren't giving up sacks. They weren't calling the plays. They weren't not playing Harrison. I can go on, but why?

A plow horse that did more than McGahee last year.....

Guess CLE could have paid more than 26M for Henry, so they could have a DB get beat deep once a game and need to go get Pacman because of it....

Cutch cost more to cut than keep that one year. So yes, that does go into that whole thing called a salary cap. It's why a lot of guys didn't get cut right off the bat.

All has zero to do w/ Rivers never being available, or even something CLE could have afforded to go get via trade.

Everything you just said was either wrong or half truth..............

releasing or restructuring Cutch and Roye should have been first order moves of Sewage

Henry is and was a sold DB and resigning him instead of Baxter should have been a priority and the guy is still playing in the wrong position............he will end up in NE some day put in his rightful position of free safety...........

plowhorse Droughns eh and now Lewis eh.............3.6 per carry equals a plow horse............but wait you said we had a stud line and the was the key and anyone could run behind them............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............does that mean Lewis would have averaged 2.5 behind an average line...........make your pick you cannot have it bof ways

A stud OL makes scoring easy...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm we cannot score.............any QB can play behind a stud line ............your claim...........take your pick you cannot have it bof ways

bottom line you waffle like a flag on windy day ...........YOUR ARE DEVOID OF LOGIC

edder the line makes it go or the skill players makes it go................and you just defended bof on a team that cannot score................duh?????????????

Guest Masters
Everything you just said was either wrong or half truth..............

releasing or restructuring Cutch and Roye should have been first order moves of Sewage

Henry is and was a sold DB and resigning him instead of Baxter should have been a priority and the guy is still playing in the wrong position............he will end up in NE some day put in his rightful position of free safety...........

plowhorse Droughns eh and now Lewis eh.............3.6 per carry equals a plow horse............but wait you said we had a stud line and the was the key and anyone could run behind them............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............does that mean Lewis would have averaged 2.5 behind an average line...........make your pick you cannot have it bof ways

A stud OL makes scoring easy...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm we cannot score.............any QB can play behind a stud line ............your claim...........take your pick you cannot have it bof ways

bottom line you waffle like a flag on windy day ...........YOUR ARE DEVOID OF LOGIC

edder the line makes it go or the skill players makes it go................and you just defended bof on a team that cannot score................duh?????????????

Restructure means the guy must be willing. Oh how you forget that. Like every player just says "sure, I'll take less".

Again, you forget cap implications, which is why neither could have been released at the time. We been through this and the numbers have been shown to prove it. Notice Cutch was cut the next year when the cap hit was lesser.

What does Droughns have to do with this?

You also forget Henry didn't want to come back to CLE after hurt feelings with Butch. Should I dig up his quotes again. Baxter was seen as a good up can coming CB. Balt sure didn't want him to leave and was pissed. We do agree Henry should play safety. It's why his only really good year at CB was in the slot, playing zone.

Never said any RB or any QB can be successful behind a good OL. Only that good QBs and RBs cannot succeed behind crap lines.

I don't waffle. I also don't change subjects, deflect, make claims on integrity (yet act the opposite), or lie either. These are all your specialties, not mine.

Guest Masters

That was an aweful pass interference call on the drive in OT. But congrats to SD for pulling that game off.

Sproles was huge. Gee, small back that makes huge plays. If only CLE would have played Harrison more. But I digress.

Gates was huge on the last drive in regulation and the OT.

Archived