THE BROWNS BOARD

Manginni the rat

mcgi8nnis

I always wondered why there was such a rift between Belichick and Mangini -

I just think his coffee never tasted the same.

I would hire Mangini just for the nicknames: Rat, Penguin, Mangenius, Mangina, Manjackass, Manjavafetcher...

Zombo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23-25, 1 playoff birth, and a season that tanked on Brett's turnovers isn't really bad coaching.

I don't want anything do to with a guy like Mangini.................A Rat is a Rat enough said

1st year winning season playing a easy schedule...sound familiar in Cleveland

2nd year with tough schedule terrible season.....sound familiar in Cleveland

3rd year easier schedule and Brett Farve CHOKED down the stretch

What did Farve have to do with the defense not playing well after the Titans victory?

If the Browns select Mangini over Scott Pioli just shows Randy Lerner has not learned anything

Remember Lerner selected Romeo Crennell because he was impressed with his SB rings and being with the Patriots

Lerner needs to select a GM and then go sit down and let the GM select his coach

Not if the team you are leaving is a top organization and your boss tells you he can get you a better job the next season with a team that is not a rival. it only took 3 years to show the rat was not ready for the show. If you as a brown fan would rather the rat then pioli then you are the losers the steeler fans call you. l

Wait...didn't Belicheat move from the Jets to the Patriots? Ah..so it's OK if you are moving TO New England.

Got it.

GTFO.

And yeah, I'd rather have the rat that proved he could be an effective head coach than Belichicks coffee-fetching bitch who is afraid to actually go out on his own.

Does anyone expect pioli (patriot ) to want the rat Mangini who has proven to be a terrible coach

Didn't the guy before Mangini get fired because the Jets sucked? Just a yes or no.

So what made it such a terrible coaching job making the playoffs as a rookie Head Coach there in 2006? In 2007, they didn't have a healthy arm and the alternative was inexperience from a 2nd string caliber QB. How often does that translate into making the playoffs again? NY was 8-3 when Favre had a healthy gun and it sounded to me like the players AND the media were pissed the NY front office scapegoated the blame to Manigini. I'm not reading anywhere that the players thought Manigini was the problem.

Did anyone see that interview where Tannenbaum looked like a complete idiot? I prolly need to specify which one because I'm guessing there's tons. The interview where the guy asking the questions was pissed about the scapegoat invented and wasn't the firing of Mangini more about Tannenbaum saving his own fanny?

If Mangini has 2 of his 3 seasons of 9 or more wins on a franchise that fired their LAST Head Coach - what specifically about that says BAD Head Coach? You're gonna need the imagination and writing ability of Stephen King to sell me on this one.

- Tom F. (Looks to me like the Jets fired the WRONG guy)

Guest Masters
I don't want anything do to with a guy like Mangini.................A Rat is a Rat enough said

1st year winning season playing a easy schedule...sound familiar in Cleveland

2nd year with tough schedule terrible season.....sound familiar in Cleveland

3rd year easier schedule and Brett Farve CHOKED down the stretch

What did Farve have to do with the defense not playing well after the Titans victory?

If the Browns select Mangini over Scott Pioli just shows Randy Lerner has not learned anything

Remember Lerner selected Romeo Crennell because he was impressed with his SB rings and being with the Patriots

Lerner needs to select a GM and then go sit down and let the GM select his coach

Well that D still gave up 300 yards or less in 3 of those final 4 losses, while Favre couldn't find a receiver or the endzone (sure could turn them over).

I am not saying Mangini is the right pick. But I don't think he was an aweful coach, and the knocks these guys are putting on him are pretty unfair and irrational.

I totally agree CLE should hire the GM first, and let him pick the coach.

For whatever reason - and it might have been due to the prima donna Favre - the players stopped playing for Mangini.

That is not a good thing.

I always wondered why there was such a rift between Belichick and Mangini - taking the Jets job couldn't be the entire reason - so maybe it was so-called Spy-gate.

It almost kills Belichick to touch, never mind, shake Mangini's hand.

If you watched the games, the players didn't stop playing, the QB stopped managing the game. The Jets were in the playoffs right up to Favre's last interceptions in the last game.

Wasn't it something like the Jets had a 3 game lead and Favre threw 8 interceptions and 2 TD passes in those last three games. There are many Jets players that are saying the organization screwed up by letting Mangini go. I fault lies in a QB that had enugh arm left for a half of a season and Favre wasn't Mangini's pick.

That being said, I don't think this team should hire a HC then a GM. Hire the guy you want to run your football organization and then let him hire his HC. If you aren't comfortable with pioli's pick of Ferentz and he won't compromise, then move on and talk to McKay or wait for Parcells.

If you don't want Mangini that is reasonable, but just don't make shit up about him and his team's peformance.

don't forget fredo corleone

That's true, he did a GREAT job of bringing the empire to an end. Any SB Ws since then in NE? Any playoffs this year? Great job Mangini! No wonder why NE hates that guy! We need a basterd like that who makes people nervous. They wouldn't shit their pants unless they had reason to.

- Tom F.

That's true, he did a GREAT job of bringing the empire to an end. Any SB Ws since then in NE? Any playoffs this year? Great job Mangini! No wonder why NE hates that guy! We need a basterd like that who makes people nervous. They wouldn't shit their pants unless they had reason to.

- Tom F.

As a jet fan, I watched this team this year and with all the money we put into the offensive line this team was playoff caliber but with the bizarre coaching decisions by mangini he cost the team a playoff spot. Just look at the seattle game. If I was a brown fan, I would do anything to get pioli and let him pick his coach. You don't want Mangini, he also never was a d-cord for the pats during there super bowl years.

I get the whole calling Mangini a rat accusation, but

1. Wasn't Mangini at least correct?

2. What would you do if you knew the team that keeps winning Super Bowl after Super Bowl is cheating? Add they're a divisional rival and if they keep beating you, you could lose your job. Especially since one of the reasons you were hired was to beat said team.

3. If RAC knew the Steelers were cheating and didn't call them on it, I'd be a little ticked. Its one thing to complain about ticky-tac lip reading or sign stealing or something, but this turned out to be legit from what I've read.

4. Like was said above, Mangini didn't grab the pitch fork anyway. He wasn't the ring leader in the whole thing.

Not sure spygate changes my opinion of him, + or - .

all excellent points. very well said. There is nothing to counteract your argument.

As a jet fan, I watched this team this year and with all the money we put into the offensive line this team was playoff caliber but with the bizarre coaching decisions by mangini he cost the team a playoff spot. Just look at the seattle game. If I was a brown fan, I would do anything to get pioli and let him pick his coach. You don't want Mangini, he also never was a d-cord for the pats during there super bowl years.

What happened in the Seattle game...I looked but couldn't find any info..

What is a this talk about being a "rat". He called someone out for cheating!! What was he suppose to do, just let it go? Come on, that is what is wrong with society today win by any cost even if you have to cheat. What if you knew an official was cheating for a team, should he be "ratted" out or just let it go. IMHO you have your priorities wrong.

all excellent points. very well said. There is nothing to counteract your argument.

He got the jets job because of the cheating pats record. Then all of a sudden he has a change of heart. more respect if he left pats organization and spilled the beans and then tried to get a job.

He got the jets job because of the cheating pats record. Then all of a sudden he has a change of heart. more respect if he left pats organization and spilled the beans and then tried to get a job.

So what your saying as a Jets fan is that as long as he was coaching the Jets and beating the Pats it you were alright with him being a rat?

So what your saying as a Jets fan is that as long as he was coaching the Jets and beating the Pats it you were alright with him being a rat?

Always thought he was a horrible coach and had no respect after the spy gate. He was part of that organization knew it was going on, accepted a job and then tried to stick it to the organization that was responible for him getting a new job. Lets just say I wouldn't want him watching my back. Just go to the Jets board and see what they think of this choice. Good luck brown fans you will need it.

Always thought he was a horrible coach and had no respect after the spy gate. He was part of that organization knew it was going on, accepted a job and then tried to stick it to the organization that was responible for him getting a new job. Lets just say I wouldn't want him watching my back. Just go to the Jets board and see what they think of this choice. Good luck brown fans you will need it.

I hope that if your spouse cheats there aren't any rats around.

And they're the paragons of football knowledge. Haven't met a stupider fan base in the NFL....and I've been to many of their games.

Im playing the smallest violin in the world for you. Loser!

Im playing the smallest violin in the world for you. Loser!

Ha HA, but i don't follow a team that hires a horrible coach before it finds a gm. He was such a great coach and motivator that the browns were the only team to contact him about an interview and signed him to a 4 year contract. i call that a panic move. The best plan of action was to get pioli in there and let him take control of the operation and pick his coach. Any gm worth a grain of salt will not take this job, it will have to be a friend of mangini. I rather a smart gm then one that will be picked because he is friends with the coach. But again the browns ownership has shown to be act first and think later organization.

Ha HA, but i don't follow a team that hires a horrible coach before it finds a gm. He was such a great coach and motivator that the browns were the only team to contact him about an interview and signed him to a 4 year contract. i call that a panic move. The best plan of action was to get pioli in there and let him take control of the operation and pick his coach. Any gm worth a grain of salt will not take this job, it will have to be a friend of mangini. I rather a smart gm then one that will be picked because he is friends with the coach. But again the browns ownership has shown to be act first and think later organization.

Pioli will not leave the patriots. Your argument is invalid.

Having Mangini on board gives me hope that he'll shine a light on the collusion between the officials and the Squealers as well as the rampant steroid abuse endorsed by the Rooneys. It's high time a bright light was shone upon the dirty goings on in Pittshole.

Doug

So what you were saying is that you would have had no problem with Mangini keeping quiet, even if it would have meant that the Jets would have lost because of the spying, bet you would felt different if he had kept quiet, you got beat, and then the aligations came out and aligations that Mangini knew that it was going on but said nothing out of respect for his former boss.

He did what he felt was best, to give his current team the best edge he could.

So what you were saying is that you would have had no problem with Mangini keeping quiet, even if it would have meant that the Jets would have lost because of the spying, bet you would felt different if he had kept quiet, you got beat, and then the aligations came out and aligations that Mangini knew that it was going on but said nothing out of respect for his former boss.

He did what he felt was best, to give his current team the best edge he could.

Let him be a man about it and tell belichick if he does it then he will report it to the league, but I guess mangini was okay with it when he was def cord for the pats. he did not think anything was wrong with it when it benfitted him and got him a head coaching position. Real stand up type of guy. But jets job was too much for him and he was run out of town in two years the browns will be doing the same.

Jets you maybe right, I don't have much of an opinion of him, (other then Farve's bad second half did him in, (course he could have pulled him)). for the most part there are parts of what I know of him that I like and parts I don't like. Time will tell.

And they're the paragons of football knowledge. Haven't met a stupider fan base in the NFL....and I've been to many of their games.

Oh, the irony of this post!!

Mangini is going to be a bust. This was a huge mistake. We are suppose to be happy? Why? Because he so impressed Randy Lerner? That is one of the most laughable things I've ever read! We all know what kind of football genius Randy Lerner is!

Mangini had one good year. This followed a year in which the Jets were 4-12 and as a result played no one the following year.

That 10-6 year for Mangini came with one win over a team with a record over .500! That's right...One win over a plus .500 team. Other than this one year the guy has been awful. Just awful.

But now we are being sold this bill of goods that coaches the second time around are more successful. That's based on what? Coughlin and Belicheck?

I heard all of this crying about not wanting to hire a first time coach. Being a first timer has nothing to do with being successful. It's laughable that this is now a growing myth.

How about Holmgren? Parcells? Walsh? Shula? Vermeil? Landry? Brown? Allen? Madden? Lombardi? Ewbank? Knoll? Flores? Stram? Knox? Collier? .....Yeah, all these coaches did a horrible job with their first team as a head coach.

Let him be a man about it and tell belichick if he does it then he will report it to the league, but I guess mangini was okay with it when he was def cord for the pats. he did not think anything was wrong with it when it benfitted him and got him a head coaching position. Real stand up type of guy. But jets job was too much for him and he was run out of town in two years the browns will be doing the same.

I'm with you on this guy Jets69.....I'm a N.Y. Rangers fan and when I worked third shift I could often manage to pick up WFAN in Ohio. The N.Y. fans I heard on WFAN were intelligent and they were ready to run this guy out of town a long time ago.

As I said, his one successful year was when his Jets team won one game against a team that had a record of over .500.... And yet the N.Y. media was calling him Mangenius....I laughed that whole year. Just as I laughed at the Falcons this year. Just another result of NFL scheduling.

But Mangini impressed Randy Lerner! Wow!!! I feel better.

And you're some kind of big time "insider" who knows all this scoop. And, knows exactly what happened because you wee there. And Mangini told you he knew it was going on in NE but said nothing. and you know Mangini didn't tell Belichick if he did it against the Jets he would turn him in.

It is our humble pleassure to have you on our site. I know that everything you are telling us is absolute truth, because you were there.

Or is it that you read what some other douchebag posts and believes it is gospel. LOL

You and your troll buddies are a joke.

Archived