THE BROWNS BOARD

One troubling Mangini related issue

ballpeen

Is the guy being called to interview with other teams?

It does make me wonder why that isn't happening, and I don't think it is because no other team thinks they can compete with us for his services.

Any thoughts??

It does make me wonder why that isn't happening, and I don't think it is because no other team thinks they can compete with us for his services.

Any thoughts??

I dont think it's a big deal. The phone wasn't ringing off the hook for Coughlin or Bellichick either.

Any thoughts??

I really think this goes back to an article we posted here a while back...that many GM's are not ready to TRUST him after the entire Spygate episode...which of course wouldn't be an issue if you have Kokinis here as they are friends and acquainted since they worked together on the Browns back in the BB era.

Any thoughts??

Repurcussions over his alleged whistleblowing against Belichick and the Pats?

Just a thought..................

Repurcussions over his alleged whistleblowing against Belichick and the Pats?

Just a thought..................

Maybe, and also because a lot of popular coordinators are better "PR" choices at this time. Look around the league - almost all the playoff teams' HC's (Miami, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Minnesota and Arizona) were coordinators last year or the year before. It is a copycat league.

Mangini is not the coach for the players we have now, I don't think. More of the same we had with Romeo, IMO.

I still want Cowher. Pay the man.

Guest Masters

I don't think it has anything to do with money. Guy is happy at home w/ his family. Coaching is a lot of work and stress. Plus I think he will stay loyal to the Steelers and never coach in the AFC north.

This is rich, Ghoolie stuff.

I guess 'no' isn't an option anymore? Do you suggest we put a gun to his temple and tell him to sign on the dotted line??

He doesn't want to coach here. Plain and simple.

Maybe, and also because a lot of popular coordinators are better "PR" choices at this time. Look around the league - almost all the playoff teams' HC's (Miami, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Minnesota and Arizona) were coordinators last year or the year before. It is a copycat league.

Mangini is not the coach for the players we have now, I don't think. More of the same we had with Romeo, IMO.

Why would you say that Mangini is not the coach for the players we have now? He is nothing like Crennell. He doesn't take any crap and is strong on discipline. Exactly the opposite and exactly what Winslow, Edwards and Shaun Smith need. He holds players and coaches accountable and ran some very good players out of New York because they were me guys and not team guys. He also says it is not just about X's and O's as a head coach, it's about teaching and coaching up young players. RAC never paid much attention to young players. Maybe, just maybe, he can coach up a guy like Wimbley to get him playing like he did in year one. Maybe he can get McDonald to play like he did as a rookie.

This guy is much more like Belichick then Romeo.

Or are you saying this because he runs the 3-4. If that is the case, look at the playoff teams this year and see how many 3-4 teams are in the playoffs. Maybe he will bring in some LBs because ours suck.

Guest Masters
Why would you say that Mangini is not the coach for the players we have now? He is nothing like Crennell. He doesn't take any crap and is strong on discipline. Exactly the opposite and exactly what Winslow, Edwards and Shaun Smith need. He holds players and coaches accountable and ran some very good players out of New York because they were me guys and not team guys. He also says it is not just about X's and O's as a head coach, it's about teaching and coaching up young players. RAC never paid much attention to young players. Maybe, just maybe, he can coach up a guy like Wimbley to get him playing like he did in year one. Maybe he can get McDonald to play like he did as a rookie.

This guy is much more like Belichick then Romeo.

Or are you saying this because he runs the 3-4. If that is the case, look at the playoff teams this year and see how many 3-4 teams are in the playoffs. Maybe he will bring in some LBs because ours suck.

A guy that calls Brett Favre out in front of the entire team for his mistakes is the polar opposite of RAC.

He was certainly well-thought-of in NY:

2008_12_mangi.jpg

The Post is a rag. And if you think the New York Media tells it like it is or is fair, I got to LOL. The media and fans are brutal to an excess. Players are saying they should have canned Tennenbaum and Mangini. Jets fans have been envious of the Giants for many, many years. But, before Coughlin won the super bowl last year they were trying to run him out of town.

Guest Masters
The Post is a rag. And if you think the New York Media tells it like it is or is fair, I got to LOL. The media and fans are brutal to an excess. Players are saying they should have canned Tennenbaum and Mangini. Jets fans have been envious of the Giants for many, many years. But, before Coughlin won the super bowl last year they were trying to run him out of town.

No kidding. You could have found that same cover with Coughlin before last year.

Guest Masters
Exactly, and that may be just what we need.

I've been very "meh" about Mangini, not really hot or cold on him, however if he's the guy who is chosing the GM and they are on the same page then this thing could work out.

I am "meh" about Mangini as well. But I don't get the harsh knocking of the dude. He's done a lot better than a lot of first time HC, especially in a large scrutinizing market like NY.

Guest Masters
i think there is some stalling going on here so that Parcells can exercise his exit in Miami. Then he can hire Mangini. (Well at tleast that is what i hope is happening)

I don't think all the hoping in the world will help. Parcels is staying put in MIA. Even if he decides not to, that decision won't come for well more than a month.

Archived