THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini bring Jagodinski with you

YtownBrownsBacker

If Boston College is stupid enough to fire Jeff Jagdoinski for interviewing with the Jets then jump on a plane and go get him for our OC. He has NFL experience as a OC/QB coach and developed Matt Ryan at BC. He would be a super coach for Quinn.

This is a dynamic offensive coordinator. As a matter of fact, he is a winner as a HC at BC.

Hey Randy, if you are buying a ticket for Mangini get one for Jeff also.

Not sure Jags can take a lot of credit for developing Ryan, but he does have an interesting background. Maybe our OL Coach if we need one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Jagodzinski

Was OC at Green Bay and Favre's QB coach.

?????? i hope you're kidding. The guy is Head Coach at BC. Why would he take an OL Coach job?

He might not be the HC at Boston College for long--they told him he would be fired if he interviewed with the Jets for their job, and he's going to New York.

I don't understand the motivation...a lot of college coaches want to move up to the pros, especially when they have a background in pro ball to start with. Firing a guy for wanting to move up in the world just sends the message that you're not interested in coaches with aspirations, unless they think that he's using the Jets as a practice interview for when he gets some more experience under his belt--and they don't want their program jerked around every year-- which I guess is possible. In any event, bad move by the AD, who is now painted in a corner; he pretty much has to fire the guy or admit that he overreacted.

From another post:

>>Was OC at Green Bay and Favre's QB coach.<<

Boy, now there's a resume line that doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Dennis

Will he teach Quinn to hand records to his D-line buddies and become an interception machine in December, too?

He might not be the HC at Boston College for long--they told him he would be fired if he interviewed with the Jets for their job, and he's going to New York.

I don't understand the motivation...a lot of college coaches want to move up to the pros, especially when they have a background in pro ball to start with. Firing a guy for wanting to move up in the world just sends the message that you're not interested in coaches with aspirations, unless they think that he's using the Jets as a practice interview for when he gets some more experience under his belt--and they don't want their program jerked around every year-- which I guess is possible. In any event, bad move by the AD, who is now painted in a corner; he pretty much has to fire the guy or admit that he overreacted.

From another post:

>>Was OC at Green Bay and Favre's QB coach.<<

Boy, now there's a resume line that doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Dennis

Will he teach Quinn to hand records to his D-line buddies and become an interception machine in December, too?

Not impressed that he was OC at Green Bay in 2006, then how about taking some snot nosed kid named Matt Ryan and making him one of the best passers in college football and a heisman trophy candidate. A kid that came out of college and was ready to start in the NFL in his first year. He took Boston College to the ACC title game in both years that he was HC there.

Yea, maybe he could help Quinn a little bit. Or maybe you would rather keep Chud. Him and Shearer have really done a good job developing our two young QBs.

Since yu don't think much of Jeff, then I'm sure you have a great candidate, who is eligable, to tell us about.

Why do I think you have no clue who the guy even was before his name hit the news yesterday.

Why do I think you have no clue who the guy even was before his name hit the news yesterday.

I assure you you're wrong here, Ytown.

Just because he doesn't like him doesn't mean he doesn't know who he is.

I assure you you're wrong here, Ytown.

Just because he doesn't like him doesn't mean he doesn't know who he is.

Thanks. For the record, I think he might well be a very good pick-up for the Browns, which is why I never said I didn't like him. If you look carefully, you'll note that the sarcasm in the post was predicated entirely on Brett Favre's falling stock, not Jagodinski's.

Dennis

Jeez, people are so touchy anymore.

Thanks. For the record, I think he might well be a very good pick-up for the Browns, which is why I never said I didn't like him. If you look carefully, you'll note that the sarcasm in the post was predicated entirely on Brett Favre's falling stock, not Jagodinski's.

Dennis

Jeez, people are so touchy anymore.

I Apologize

My bad.......................I just watched OSU blow another BCS game. A little testy I guess.

Archived