THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Wells

Guest Ghoolie

These genuiuses want a safety or some useless Nose tackle or another OL dime a dozen guy or a linebacker do not waste your time they LIKE LOSING

I guess when statistics and reasoning don't work on these geriatrics, good old homerism does the trick.

your righ stick your head back yp deep yraass............do love hating the only winners and loving the losing........it is all the oline

I think we could trade down and get Wells a little lower, though. Pick up a #2.

Or we could just take Mays or Curry and draft a nearly-comparable RB later in the draft.

Stud RBs aren't a dime a dozen (I guess...), but does anyone really think Wells is on par with a Peterson or a Tomlinson (in his prime)?

Didn't like seeing Wells on the bench with a ding... but they were stacked up to stop him and the approach had to change anyway.

I like him a ton. I think he's certainly one of the 10 best players in the draft. I like Mays, Curry, and Wells right now.

I love Wells, but his injuries scare me. I think Laurinaitis proved tonight he is one of the top LBs in the country and Jenkins did a nice job shutting down one side of the field. They threw away from him most of the night. OSU has 3 legit first rounders.

Didn't like seeing Wells on the bench with a ding... but they were stacked up to stop him and the approach had to change anyway.

I like him a ton. I think he's certainly one of the 10 best players in the draft. I like Mays, Curry, and Wells right now.

Wells is ALWAYS injured though Shep. I don't see how this is going to translate into NFL workhorse but I've been wrong before. Ohio State wasn't able to count on him vrs USC or Texas tonight. Every season I'm hearing he's questionable with an ankle or a foot so it's really a trend in his case.

On the other hand, his college career is VERY similar to that of Deuce McAllister. Scouts drooled about Deuce's ability but worried about his durability. That was THE reason he slid all the way to 26th overall. The Saints got a gem BUT more injuries did shorten a few seasons and possibly his career.

Beanie will go first round - it's just a question of where and why. Do you burn a #5 overall on a guy that can't stay healthy BEFORE he even turns pro?

- Tom F.

You don't waste (and that is exactly what it would be) a #5 overall pick on a RB. Period. That's just plain stupid.

Adrian Peterson, you say?

D-Mac, says I. (Not to mention that Peterson will be watching the games this weekend from his couch, just like I will.)

This team has too many other much more pressing needs to waste a 1 on a RB.

But I suppose I should defer to the infinite wisdom of Goo-Itch, since they are preparing their teams for this weekend's upcoming playoff games.

Guest ATENEARS

I was worried about Wells durability heading into last nights game, and he did nothing to satisfy that concern.

The guy is explosive and Big ... but one would have to really look into his work ethic and minor injuries that permit him from playing.

What exactly was wrong with him last night anyhow?

What exactly was wrong with him last night anyhow?

Not sure - I saw that someone was mentioning concussion, but if you notice the last play he ran he came sort of hobbling off the field and it looked like an ankle or foot issue. Might have to meander over to the OSU boards and see what gives.

Uh oh, Rich and Ghoolie are both behind an osu player....

That's bad news for Wells.

Any time those 2 get together on "You've got to draft this osu guy in the 1st" the guy plummets or busts.

Besides, Wells couldn't make it through an entire game with a month off to get healthy, Peterson had some red lights for injury prone but Wells, no.

If we stay with a 3-4 I'm all for Laurinaitis or Curry in the 1st and Cushing or Clay Jr in the 2nd.

If we can get a 3rd for DA I'd say go guard or center in the 3rd.

Running back or wr in the 4th.

Practice squad development OTs/ DTs with whatever we've got left.

IF we shift to a 4-3, I'd say we have to go with Orakpo in the 1st and Clay Jr in the 2nd.

Dream scenario for this draft for me is IF we stay with the 3-4...

1. Curry

2. Cushing

3. (trade DA and watch 'em fall a little) Clay Jr

Yeah, pipe dream, I know. But I'd rather get 3 solid kids this draft and let them take their lumps with the new staff. I'm told you're crazy to throw more than 1 rookie out at lb in a 3-4 in one season because you'll get slaughtered but how is that going to be any different from what we have now? On the bright side 3 rooks have only up to go.

Wells is worthless IMHO...

He pulled himself during the game after he got his 100+ yards and reallysouldn't care less!

Luarenitus was out there every play not taking one off! im not pushing luarenitus... but he is not a glass vagina!

We dont need a selfish guy like that and im surprised that you guys really like that!

He is a great runner... but a complete pussy!!! I want another Jim Brown... not an ijury prone selfish RB! football is rough! PLAY THROUGH IT IN A BIG GAME!

For those of you dogging Beanie for last night's injury, the guy has a concussion! Lay off! It's not like he re-injured his foot or ankle!

I'm not saying I want Beanie with the #5. I am saying that the guy has only missed 4 games in his college career due to injury. The trainers kept him out the second half last night. And, by the way, Tressel kept him out of the USC game. He was ready to play and had been cleared. Tressel wanted him to get healthier for the conference games. So...only missed 3 games due to injury and 1 game due to Tressel being careful!

I agree that, if we want Beanie, then we can trade down and pick up an extra pick. 5 is too high for him. Personally, I think Orakpo or Curry should be our pick at 5 and then go after Shonn Greene from Iowa in the 2nd.

I wanted Peterson last year.. I still want a runningback.. Beanie would be good. but if not him we MUST get one in the second round. There are a few good ones available. Beanie would be my choice as well. Some say #5 is too high.. There is no such thing as too high if you get the right guy. He should be right there when we pick as the teams above us do not have any glaring needs at RB. If we don't go RB in the first ...I like the other buckey Malcom Jenkins at CB... This is a playmaking position and worthy of the pick.. would make our secondary VERY dangerous. Linebackers are too hit or miss and cannot make the impact a top RB or CB can make. ..Before you crucify me ..LB's can make an impact.. but IMO not as much as a great RB or Corner.. I like RB better because we have a decent enough OL and a young QB who needs the protection of a good running game. We need a power back for our division and for cold weather games. Enough said... BEANIE BEANIE BENIE..

Why would you take Wells in the first when Shonn Greene will be there in the second round? Look at Matt Forte and Chris Johnson both have been amazing this year and were had in the second round. We have too many other needs to draft RB at number 5, unless his name is Peterson or Tomlinson and Wells is not that caliber. Ive said it before and I'll say it again trade down and draft Rey, he's a maniac and we need one on defense to play in the AFC North!

I cannot see how ANYONE can look at the Browns and not see RB as a HUGE, CAVERNOUS whole to fill. Lewis is no more than a backup short yardage guy at this point. Jason Wright...= plowhorse. Harrison is strickly a change of pace guy. Anyone who thinks he is an every down guy has too much fairydust in his eyes. He does not have the bulk for our division. First he is not even close to a Darren Sproles and Sproles is effective mostly becuase of the division he is in. That division is NOTHING like the AFC north. We need a big back who can bring it. We need an Eddie George, Marion Butts type runningback. I want a runningback who is going to leave his footprint on James Harrisons chest.

I got ripped for calling Wells soft but where was the guy when the game was on the line??? ON THE

BENCH where he always seems to be.

Tressel had to motivate him last year when he had the ankle injury. A great back plays through

pain. A tough guy plays through pain WITHOUT the coach having to motivate him.The Browns have

enough soft players on this team.They need some tough guys.

Wells is a good back and will go in the first round and probably will have a good career IF he

matures. Here's hoping the Browns don't blow the fifth pick on him. A mid to late roound first

but not the fifth pick.

We need an Eddie George, Marion Butts type runningback.

Wells is NOT this guy.

Though I'm not sure why you'd want a career 3.9 YPC guy like Butts, unless you draft him in the seventh round (as he was).

I cannot see how ANYONE can look at the Browns and not see RB as a HUGE, CAVERNOUS whole to fill. Lewis is no more than a backup short yardage guy at this point. Jason Wright...= plowhorse. Harrison is strickly a change of pace guy. Anyone who thinks he is an every down guy has too much fairydust in his eyes. He does not have the bulk for our division. First he is not even close to a Darren Sproles and Sproles is effective mostly becuase of the division he is in. That division is NOTHING like the AFC north. We need a big back who can bring it. We need an Eddie George, Marion Butts type runningback. I want a runningback who is going to leave his footprint on James Harrisons chest.

We need a big back who can bring it? In classic AFC North style? Well, so does Pittsburgh, they have those two lame 210 lb backs Willie Parker and Mewelde Moore.

DUDE GETS HURT TYING HIS FREAKIN SHOES!!!!! PASS

As is the case with many good NFL backs during their college career. We don't even know if Wells is coming out yet. Steve Staton was as injury prone as they come, and couple that with his smallish size and it knocked him clear into the 2nd day of the draft. I doubt Wells would fall that far, but maybe into the mid teens unless he blows scouts away from here on out with his personal workouts. I'd definately trade down (almost impossible to do anymore) and take a chance on him if I could pick up an additional late 2nd/early 3rd type of pick. But no, I wouldn't use #5 on him, although he does have potential to be elite at the next level.

Harrison is strickly a change of pace guy. Anyone who thinks he is an every down guy has too much fairydust in his eyes. He does not have the bulk for our division. First he is not even close to a Darren Sproles and Sproles is effective mostly becuase of the division he is in. That division is NOTHING like the AFC north. We need a big back who can bring it.

Harrison is not an everyRAC back. Why are we running directly into the o-line/d-line, anyway? Harrison is a guy who can run through holes and change direction quickly when a new crease/seam opens up- and he can do it after contact. Lewis is the guy with enough beef to run between the guards every down if thats what you want (coincidentally all we saw this year - and he still put up a 3+yd avg). He still has enough gas in the tank for 2-3 more seasons at least if used properly (goal line/ short yardage).

OconRecon (sp?) has the video of our last TD as a team this season in his sig. Perhaps you give it a look.

Archived