THE BROWNS BOARD

Jets bloggers on Mangini

JewDago

I think you're going to get Ted Cottrell back. ;)

:o Oh please no!

Anyway, not here to troll, just to get some info on the Mangini status with you guys as I have a few Browns fans as friends. I will say he lost his team and his fans in a huge way in New York with his poor pass rush shemes and how he never tried to dicipline Farve. His poor play calling and him keeping Sutton as DC for the last 2 years. There was no way he was going to get an extension in New York and with only 1 year left on his contract, what coordinators would come to work for him with only a year left. Also, it seemed that he never had his team ready (4 losses on the west coast) or even had a good game plan. His demeanor won't cut it in New York. In the end you can put it on the DC/OC, etc. but ultimately it's the HC that should step up and make the corrections, and he didnt.

BTW........I have been to Pitts, Baltimore, Cleveland, Buffalo, New England and even Philly to see my Jets play and nowhere

were you guys more disrespectful than in your muni lot, is that how its spelled?? In 2004 and 2006 your fans threw beer and sandwiches at my wifes car as we pulled in and we didnt do anything to provoke it. Crazy! Well atleast you didnt stab one of your own as in 2005 Jets-Saints game which happened in my sections restroom.

Did any of you guys see the Jets pass rush this past season???? Good luck with Mangini!

Aren't you guys keeping Bob Sutton as DC or are you making him HC. We're just going to take Callahan.

Dom Capers is being courted to come in as our DC.

Aren't you guys keeping Bob Sutton as DC or are you making him HC. We're just going to take Callahan.

Dom Capers is being courted to come in as our DC.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/ Read 2nd article regarding Mangini looks to raid staff

And NO, Sutton will be let go. What new HC would want him. They'll bring in their own coordinators.

Guest Masters
and you're willing to dismiss what they have to say? i found their stuff level-headed and even, aside from the legend's pieces that were clearly written out of frustration and had an entirely different tone.

Not dismissing 100%. But I take it with about 20%

Problem is you can't find anybody who wants the job with Tannenbaun there. Maybe as reported you will get Brian Asshole or Little Shot. Fassell is looking for a job, maybe he would like to come back to New York. Then again, he was with the Giants and it would be like coming back to coach the minor league team in town.

I know spagnoula is too smart to take the job. He's looking elsewhere.

Maybe if your owner was smart enough to stay in town you could be interviewing Cowher.

yeh......the owner is the problem, right. As I do question some of his actions at times, since 2000 when he became owner, the Jets have made the play offs 4 times to the Browns, um..how many?

As far as being out of town, that didnt change anything as Cower IS NOT coaching anywhere in 2009. Media blew it out of proportion.

Guest Masters
yeh......the owner is the problem, right. As I do question some of his actions at times, since 2000 when he became owner, the Jets have made the play offs 4 times to the Browns, um..how many?

As far as being out of town, that didnt change anything as Cower IS NOT coaching anywhere in 2009. Media blew it out of proportion.

The same owner who wasn't willing to actually meet with Cowher, as being reported now? The same owner who partly went out and got Favre so not to be second fiddle in the NY media to the Giants? The owner who has a lawyer as his GM? :rolleyes:

I ain't saying Lerner is any better, but come on dude.

The same owner who wasn't willing to actually meet with Cowher, as being reported now? The same owner who partly went out and got Favre so not to be second fiddle in the NY media to the Giants? The owner who has a lawyer as his GM? :rolleyes:

I ain't saying Lerner is any better, but come on dude.

If you had a qb in Pennington comming off many surgeries, a year left on contract, soft arm, playing bad (hardly beating back-ups in practice as well) and Farve becomes available comming off a great year, I could see where the decision was made. Dont get me wrong...I wasnt happy with the Farve signing and dont think he should be in the Pro Bowl, BUT this FO has put like 7 of THEIR guys in the PB this year, not too bad. And Mike T is a cap guru as GM. Cower only wanted to speak directly to Woody to tell him NO, not to negotiate a HC position.

If you had a qb in Pennington comming off many surgeries, a year left on contract, soft arm, playing bad (hardly beating back-ups in practice as well) and Farve becomes available comming off a great year, I could see where the decision was made. Dont get me wrong...I wasnt happy with the Farve signing and dont think he should be in the Pro Bowl, BUT this FO has put like 7 of THEIR guys in the PB this year, not too bad. And Mike T is a cap guru as GM. Cower only wanted to speak directly to Woody to tell him NO, not to negotiate a HC position.

You are sure that the FO put 7 guys into the pro bowl? The coaching staff didn't have anything to do with it? I'm sure that lousy HC who brought them to the team didn't have anything to do with it?

LMFAO

You are sure that the FO put 7 guys into the pro bowl? The coaching staff didn't have anything to do with it? I'm sure that lousy HC who brought them to the team didn't have anything to do with it?

LMFAO

Of course I am sure. Same coaching staff and game plans as last year where T. Jones (PB) only had 1 TD, yet behind a re-vamped OL (That the FO signed, D. Woody and A. Faneca, (PB) he had 15TD's and 1300 rushing. AND The addition of Farve (PB), whom was brought in by the FO, made opposing DF's respect the pass for once, opening up the running game.

The FO brought in a legit NT in K. Jenkins (PB) who stuffed the run.

The coaching staff especially on DF, which is where Mangina supposedly excels, stunk all year. I think Mike Tannenbaum did a great job this year and it had to be hard for him to fire his buddy, but he put business first.

Archived