THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghoolie is Guilty of the same shit.............

Guest Ghoolie

Guest Ghoolie

As much as I bash the homers here sometime, when it comes to the Buckeyes, I am guilty of the same shit.

Being a YSU graduate I will tell you first hand Jim tressel is both a friend and a guy who almost walks on water in my eyes. What he did at YSU was wonderful and he has accomplished great things at OSU as well.

Unlike the Lerner Browns, whether you like it or not, Tressel has achieved excellence, You cannot make excuses for attaining the highest honor in your sport. He did it 4 times in I - AA and Once in BCS championships.

Nonetheless, he has been outcoached in three successive bowl games and THAT is a tough pill for me to swallow. Offensively the Buickeyes can stay conservative and pretty much rule the big 10 and Michigan.

That's no longer good enough. I don't believe the SEC has faster players, but I believe their coaches do what it takes to get the ball into the hands of the speed players in the open field.

Tressel shows some of that flair, but only in bursts, as if to confuse the opponents.

Watching the game I just felt tension from the OSU offense, like every play was just on the fringe of not working. I never got the feeling they could just open it up and not look back.

Whatever Jim is doing, for the last three BCS games it was not offensive enough. I can only imagine what our running game would be if we had a gunslinger to compliment him at QB.

Tressell is not up to snuff with the top 5 teams. He needs to rethink his phliosophy and open it up. They should have beaten Tex-sux by 17 points. To lose to those grain-fed assholes was embarassing. Sickenening, if you want to know the truth. Red Righ 88 sickening.

All you have to do is look at OSU's previous QBs to see the problem. They are not pocket passers and cannot open it up. We had to bring in a guy off the bench to QB in passing situations. While a good running QB can be affective it has its draw backs. Look at McCoy, the guy can run the ball but he is a pocket passer that runs effectively when needed. We need better scouting and get a quality QB. With OSUs running game all we would need is a decent QB to open the field up and OSU would be a tough team to beat.

Guest Ghoolie
All you have to do is look at OSU's previous QBs to see the problem. They are not pocket passers and cannot open it up. We had to bring in a guy off the bench to QB in passing situations. While a good running QB can be affective it has its draw backs. Look at McCoy, the guy can run the ball but he is a pocket passer that runs effectively when needed. We need better scouting and get a quality QB. With OSUs running game all we would need is a decent QB to open the field up and OSU would be a tough team to beat.

I can't argue with you at all. I also think the buckeyes play calling is too safe. For the big ten its okay, but to be a player in the big games we need FLAMES ON.

I am dissapointed today.

Jim's philosophy has never changed" give my team a chance to win " and true we are usually there at the end of the game with a chance to win or the end of the season with a shot at the title and till the rest of the big ten steps up and forces Tressell to rethink that philosophy he won't

He did the same thing at YSU rein in the talent until the 4th qtr then turn'em loose and other than a few games against Marshall he had far superior talent than anyone YSU faced.

Remember he lost as many title games at Youngstown as he won yet every Nov there he was challenging for anther shot same as he's doing now.

It makes me sick losing in front of the whole country every year, but at least we're here,where is Notre Dame? where is Michigan? think they'd trade places right now?

Guest Masters

I don't think this game as a case of Jimmy T getting out coached like the last two BCS games. This was stupid coaching in the clutch. When will coaches ever learn that all the prevent defense does is prevent you from winning! J-H-C, TEX needed to go 80 yards in a little over a minute. I know, I'll give the WR a 8 yard cushion and the sideline. No way they will ever get there :rolleyes:

Also, who ever that saftey is for OSU, he should play for the Browns. Because he tackles like a Browns player.

Jim's philosophy has never changed" give my team a chance to win " and true we are usually there at the end of the game with a chance to win or the end of the season with a shot at the title and till the rest of the big ten steps up and forces Tressell to rethink that philosophy he won't

He did the same thing at YSU rein in the talent until the 4th qtr then turn'em loose and other than a few games against Marshall he had far superior talent than anyone YSU faced.

Remember he lost as many title games at Youngstown as he won yet every Nov there he was challenging for anther shot same as he's doing now.

It makes me sick losing in front of the whole country every year, but at least where here,were is Notre Dame? were is Michigan? think they'd trade places right now?

We are willing to make that argument with the Browns. Just get us into the playoffs- Marty.... or Mags

As much as I bash the homers here sometime, when it comes to the Buckeyes, I am guilty of the same shit.

Being a YSU graduate I will tell you first hand Jim tressel is both a friend and a guy who almost walks on water in my eyes. What he did at YSU was wonderful and he has accomplished great things at OSU as well.

Unlike the Lerner Browns, whether you like it or not, Tressel has achieved excellence, You cannot make excuses for attaining the highest honor in your sport. He did it 4 times in I - AA and Once in BCS championships.

Nonetheless, he has been outcoached in three successive bowl games and THAT is a tough pill for me to swallow. Offensively the Buickeyes can stay conservative and pretty much rule the big 10 and Michigan.

That's no longer good enough. I don't believe the SEC has faster players, but I believe their coaches do what it takes to get the ball into the hands of the speed players in the open field.

Tressel shows some of that flair, but only in bursts, as if to confuse the opponents.

Watching the game I just felt tension from the OSU offense, like every play was just on the fringe of not working. I never got the feeling they could just open it up and not look back.

Whatever Jim is doing, for the last three BCS games it was not offensive enough. I can only imagine what our running game would be if we had a gunslinger to compliment him at QB.

Tressell is not up to snuff with the top 5 teams. He needs to rethink his phliosophy and open it up. They should have beaten Tex-sux by 17 points. To lose to those grain-fed assholes was embarassing. Sickenening, if you want to know the truth. Red Righ 88 sickening.

Hey Ghoolie the point on being More "OFFENSIVE" really hits home with Me as Bernie Kosar often says that Bill Belichick was not "offensive offense" in his younger HChing days ...I wish Tressel would take the goddamn chains off for once...

To me, it looks like the caliber of overall talent (ie: WR, OT and DT) has declined considerably over time as Tressell has gone up a school size. I think he had the team emotionally READY to play and he GETS how important the running game is so he likes the deep ball component; hence the Boeckman insertions. He just doesn't have the WRs to stretch a D. Robiske and Hartman aren't ever wide open and I'm not seeing the next Galloway, Glenn or Carter taking the NFL by storm. Gonzales has become a good possession guy for Manning but Holmes and Ginn aren't on the level of the other guys I mentioned. I'm not even sure there's an Eddie George or a Robert Smith out there. And when is the last time you saw a BIG OT or DT with the presence of a Jim Lachey, Korey Stringer, Orlando Pace or Big Daddy Wilkenson anchoring the lines of scrimmage?

You can outfox the Big 10 competition and get away with it for the most part but when you want to exceed that level of competition - you have to matchup talent wise and speed wise. The Big 10 gets out of that conference and lays eggs year after year. Penn State and OSU always have these defensive rankings the commentators discuss at Bowl time. And then we witness Penn State gainst USC and you'd swear on your life NOBODY has ever asked them to defend the pass before

Anytime you jump levels, Spurrier can now tell you the Shane Matthews and Danny Wuerffel types don't work at the next level. If Tressell WANTS to be bigtime - then he needs to get away from the level of kids he's currently content recruiting. Hartman & Robiske aren't going to beat anyone good so matching up passing won't happen. And if he WANTS Pryor to be Vince Young, get him the BIG TE and taller WRs like a Limus Sweed. Beanie Wells is a talented RB but let's get serious for a second - when has he ever been reliable to be healthy? Faust was a High School guy that learned the difference of Moeller High and Notre Dame. Lots of guys are GOOD coaches that just aren't prepared for the culture shock of how far GOOD coaching can take you when they're facing bigger, faster, stronger on every play. As we saw in the Texas game, the effort was there - but team speed can bite you in the fanny especially when fatigue sets in or you lose focus at the wrong time. 1 play meant bad outcome.

- Tom F.

If Bob Stoops wins on Thurs. he becomes the must interview for every team looking for a new head coach, but this guy has blown more big games than Tressell

Urban Meyer,Pete Carroll can't keep the prima donna's focused thru a 12 game schedule,every coach every ,program has holes

Agree,John Cooper recruited NFL talent and he was very good at it,some of his teams were the best ever at OSU, but he invented the 12 game focus phenomenon,Tressell only has to recruit kids good enough to beat Penn State and Michigan.

Guest Masters
Agree,John Cooper recruited NFL talent and he was very good at it,some of his teams were the best ever at OSU, but he invented the 12 game focus phenomenon,Tressell only has to recruit kids good enough to beat Penn State and Michigan.

So I guess that wasn't multiple guys from OSU going in the first round for several years straight. I also won't be seeing two or 3 guys going in the first round again this year too :rolleyes:

Archived