THE BROWNS BOARD

Does Beanie drop to Round 2 and if so . . . ?

NW Ohio Brownie

IF BEANIE WELLS IS THERE IN THE SECOND ROUND WE GET HIM EVEN IF WE HAVE TO TRADE UP A COUPLE TO GET HIM, IF WE DON'T I MAY SWITCH MY FOOTBALL FOLLOWING TO ANOTHER TEAM. WE WOULD BE ASININE NOT TO, KIND OF LIKE WE WOULD HAVE BEEN WHEN QUINN DROPPED, I WOULD BE OK WITH A TRADE UP SIMULAR TO HOW WE GOT QUINN TO GET WELLS. AND SAY A TOP DEFENSIVE PLAYER, IE CURRY, OR THE ONE FROM TEXAS, OR THE ONE SAFETY FROM USC THAT WAS KNOCKING PEOPLES BLOCKS OFF. OR JENKINS WITH OUR FIRST PICK.

I'll be absolutely stunned if he gets past pick #15. He's 235, runs a 4.4 40, and has great lane vision. He's a born running back.

would be stunned too I was just saying what my thoughts were if that were to happen.

I prefer Rashad Jennings, he has breakaway speed 6'2 and 235lbs. and great hands

The RB Draft class ranks in my mind as follows:

Beanie Wells

Rshad Jennings

Shonn Greene

Javon Ringer

Shonn Greene in the second! Wells will be taken long before. As much as I like Jennings, he played in what Div 2 or 3 against nobodies on a nobody team so It would be risky to take him givin the way he made scrubs look not real competition like the big ten. It will be interesting to see how Greene and Jennings perform head to head at the combine. I'll take Greene..

Beanie doesn't run a 4.4. Also, he is a power back and doesn't seem to like contact anymore. He runs away from it which isn't good. He is a bust.

I don't know where you get your info from and who exactly you are watching, but Beanie runs a legit 4.4 40 and 95% of his carries are up the middle and he literally HAS to run people over. Yes, if there is a hole, he will hit it instead of hitting a LB or any other defensive player. That is what a good running back does...avoids the chance of getting tackled! He uses one of the best stiff-arms we've all seen in a long time and consistantly sheds tacklers. In short yardage, he carries the pile!

I'm done with this rant. It's pointless. You can believe what you want. But Wells is going to be a beast in the NFL. I said it in another thread, he only missed 4 games at OSU. 3 to injury and one (USC) to Jim Tressel being conservative and keeping him on the sidelines for an extra week before Big Ten play. Monday night, he got a concussion and the trainers kept him out in the second half! He's about as sure a pick as there is in the draft!

I noticed something about Wells - he does have good speed, though I will definately question the 4.4 speed. He looks more like a 4.5 speed - right around Larry Johnson type. In fact, he reminds me of LJ in that he is patient with his blocking, and from watching the other night, he has the ability to make good cutbacks and get additional yards. He does have a nice stiff arm...

That said, Shon Greene is a helluva back. I would take him over Wells at this point because I am wondering what Wells' durability is like, in spite of missing those 4 games. Evan Royster from PSU has the same issue of staying healthy.

Beanie doesn't run a 4.4. Also, he is a power back and doesn't seem to like contact anymore. He runs away from it which isn't good. He is a bust.

Thats the quickest diagnosis of an NFL draftee being a bust EVER! I know he doesn't have a single yard yet in the NFL, but then again he hasn't been drafted yet either. I think what you meant to (incorrectly IMO) say was that he WOULD be a bust. Or maybe, he is a bust waiting to happen.

Thats the quickest diagnosis of an NFL draftee being a bust EVER! I know he doesn't have a single yard yet in the NFL, but then again he hasn't been drafted yet either. I think what you meant to (incorrectly IMO) say was that he WOULD be a bust. Or maybe, he is a bust waiting to happen.

You actually think he is gonna make it in the NFL? He is always tweaking something in games and sitting out the rest of them. He shys away from contact more than people think.

You actually think he is gonna make it in the NFL? He is always tweaking something in games and sitting out the rest of them. He shys away from contact more than people think.

Obviously the vast majority think he will make it in the NFL, otherwise we'd be talking about picking him up as an undrafted free agent. I am not very concerned with the nicks and such, torn ACL's and major injuries are different. That being said, no one ever knows about injuries, you can start and finish every game in your 4 year college career and get injured in your 1st training camp and never be right again. I for one am not that concerned about the minor injuries that Wells has suffered, his hasn't achieved his payday yet, I think you'll see a more aggressive Wells in the NFL.

He's missed 4 games in his college career. You're an idiot.

He has seemed to get knicked up here and there, but it's nothing major. I do, however, agree that he avoids contact more than people think. Just about the only time he initiates contact is when it's a stiff arm on a DB, it seems. I also worry about how top-heavy he is, something that had scouts worried about Darren McFadden. ( I know they're not the same type of RB, but it's a bad thing in a RB either way)

Regarding Javon Ringer, I would stay away from him early on. He's basically the same height/weight/40 time as Darius Walker, a guy who went undrafted after being projected in the mid-rounds because scouts didn't like his measurables (he ran a bad 40 at the combine.)

I realize they aren't exactly comparable when comparing their college statistics (Ringer had a huge career, with huge averages per carry in his first 3 years, rounded off by 1500 yards and 20 touchdowns this year.) But when it comes to the measurables, they're very similar. I'm not sure Ringer will be running over, around, or thru many people in the NFL.

And everytime I've looked at Knowshon Moreno the past 3 years, I've seen...Cadillac Williams. The running style seems to exact to me, but maybe it's just the southeastern football all blending together. Their size/weights are similar as are their 40 times, but Moreno may be the better all around RB (i.e., blitz pickup.) But shit, I'd take a healthy, pre-injury Cadillac Williams any day.

I noticed something about Wells - he does have good speed, though I will definately question the 4.4 speed. He looks more like a 4.5 speed -

Sorry to be a dick.. but you can actually see 1/10th of a second watching a guy on tv??? Damn.. that's amazing... amazing bs

I like Wells too..but not at the #5 pick... I think we go another direction(defense) with the 5 pick and see who is there in round 2.. there are a few good backs available..

Archived