THE BROWNS BOARD

Dawg gonnit is it time for a new identity ?

BrownB499

Since we're getting prepared to start fresh again is it time to retire the dawg pound and come up with a new fresh identity?

The dog woof was a great motivator back in the days of Minnie and Hanford but I don't think that this current team gets it or identifies with it

As fans do we need to reinvent ourselves in an effort to help restore the fear factor back into the stadium ?

I think we should play up the Dawgpound angle even more.

It's a lot of fun, it's marketable, kids like it, it ties us to our proud heritage ... and if we are ever competitive again, I want teams to hate to have to come into the raucus Dawgpound, any kind of homefield advantage we can give the team is great.

Zombo

--Nothing like the "thwack" of a milkbone off a Bronco or Steeler helmet.

Guest 88fingerslewy
--Nothing like the "thwack" of a milkbone off a Bronco or Steeler helmet.[/b][/color]
LOL, or the POOF of hundreds of snowballs hitting the Bills offense as they huddled in the pound end-zone during a TV time-out last Dec. Those wack-jobs were even pelting the grounds crew with the leave blowers clearing the yard-lines. Now THAT was funny.

I've never been in the Dawg Pound but had friends there during the Bills game. They said is was like being in the middle of a riot for 3 1/2 hrs.

We, the fans, definately do not need a new identity!! Are you insane?

The team? They actually need an identity...period! Can't even say new one! They haven't had one since they came back!

The question is why?

Why hasn't this team team embraced the Dawg Pound?

It used to be teams entered the Dawg Zone and folded,now teams get down there snap the ball, score, end of story

and thats not because the fans aren't doing our job,these guys just don't feed off the energy anymore.

I thought having some homers on the team would bring back that edge.

Guest Masters
Add a tough LB like Maualuga to our D...The guy flies around! If we had a tough D we could easily incorporate the Dawg Pound more.

No Rey!!!! That dude is all hype, gets out of place, and didn't even show up during the Rose bowl. He isn't even the 2nd best defensive player for USC. Might not even be the 3rd best.

I disagree. I've watched him closely this year. He has been solid, energetic, tackles well, and plays very well against the run. Hype? I seriously don;t care about hype. The media can do what they want. I watch guys play before I form an opinion. We need a difference maker. He is a guy that can still be coached up and as he matures could be a true player. You can't base opinions on single games, either. It just isn't logical.

Guest Masters

I'd agree energetic. But I have watched him run himself out of tons of play and seen Cushing and Clay Mathews Jr do more agains the run than Rey. Rey just jumps out more because he can lay the big hit, when he's actually in position to make a hit.

Not saying he is a bad player, but he isn't someone I would take with the 5th pick, let alone anywhere in the top 10 of the draft. I don't think he is the impact player on D CLE needs. He seems more like a guy that fits in well with a good unit.

If you don't like Rey (I'm definitely not saying he should and HAS to be our pick but he intrigues me)...then who do you think will help us bring attitude to this D. One extreme guy can be contagious. Bart Scott, Suggs, Dansby or someone in FA? Curry or Spikes (maybe Orakpo or Mays) in the draft? We've got a monster on the DL already. Who could come in and help make this D scary?

No way man..we already have an identity as fans its the owner and the team that needs to identify with that fact..lerner needs to accept the fact that any panzy ass identity he may want to try to impose will not work..

I myself think mangini is a guy that is capable of bringing us back to hardnose footfall as much as marty/cowher he is at the right phase of his HC career to up and fly or fall flat on his face his choice and i dont think he is a quitter..

At the rate this team is going we could build a new identity by putting a turd logo on the side of our helms and fan gear and build the identity the stoolers would love..come and shit in the toliet bowl instead of sitting in the dawg pound...

Guest Masters
If you don't like Rey (I'm definitely not saying he should and HAS to be our pick but he intrigues me)...then who do you think will help us bring attitude to this D. One extreme guy can be contagious. Bart Scott, Suggs, Dansby or someone in FA? Curry or Spikes (maybe Orakpo or Mays) in the draft? We've got a monster on the DL already. Who could come in and help make this D scary?

Right now, if I had to take a defender, I'd take Taylor Mays.

Archived