THE BROWNS BOARD

It's official Mangini is the new coach

Jibz

My bad!

The Jets must have blocked Callahan.

What an exciting day.

I don't know if Mamgini is the right choice I would have loved to had Shanahan but I feel good about having a coach with some experience instead of training on the job.

Go Browns in 2009!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mangini, who was against the pickup of Favre, sparred with the future Hall of Famer. Favre threw nine interceptions in the last five games, precipitating the team's free-fall. Johnson wanted Favre to return in 2009 and felt the chances were greater of that with a change of coaches.

Reminds me of the infamous Belichick/Kosar debacle that preceded the departure of the coach. Not exactly the same thing, but it still evoked the memory.

Reminds me of the infamous Belichick/Kosar debacle that preceded the departure of the coach. Not exactly the same thing, but it still evoked the memory.

If you watched that Miami game, Mangini's expressions said everything. Favre threw away his playoff season. After the last two interceptions, he was just like "What the xxxx is he doing?"

Cleveland and Brady Quinn will be what New England and Tom Brady were to Belichick.

Zombo

--that's what we're hoping anyway...

Y'know, reading about the press conference today made me feel a whole better about the move. Mangini seems relaxed and happy and his responses seemed genuine. A really nice way to start.

As for the stuff that really matters, there's a lot of reason to feel good about the future, the most important being the one Lerner cited: Mangini can hit the ground running since he has some experience.

He brings discipline, stability and intellect. Those are a GREAT place to start.

I'm excited!

(What other choice do I have?)

I wasn't sure about Mangini, but after hearing his press conference today on the radio,

that has all changed. He has a sense of humor, and didn't seem to use one inane platitude. Not once.

Which is very, very refreshing after hearing Crennel DO it most of the time.

Genuine was a great word to describe him.

I figure we won't be squinting at the TV now during Browns games, while wondering "What the... are they thinkin?"

The one thing I like about Mangini is that when he drafted a rookie, he gave them a chance to play. He realy coached up the rookies and let them go out and play.

He stated while he was with the Jets that rookies make a few mistakes, but they are excited to play and play hard to impress the coaches.

I think one of RACs biggest problems was that he basically ignored our rookies. He didn't even want to play them on special teams.

Archived