THE BROWNS BOARD

Best of luck Browns fans

Favre2Cotchery

Your "team" didn't shit the bed and collpase, your "quarterback" did. Something Mangini had nothing to do with.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but don't argue with me. I was at most of my team's home games and the Buffalo game where, barring Dick Jauron's moronic decision to throw the ball rather than run out the clock (fumble recovery for a TD) we are an 8-8 team. His prevent 34 schemes nearly cost us the New England road game and the defense got worse, not better, when he took over the play calling from our defensive coordinator. You are getting a raw inexperienced coach who has an eye for finding talent in the draft and free agency but does not know how to put it all together when the season's on the line. Favre made a ton of terrible decisions but the Jets were able to win in spite of Favre up until the Broncos game, Mangini's coaching got progressively worse as the season went on.

If you are looking for a 10-6 team with the possibility of reaching the playoffs then Mangini might be your guy, but there are no guarantees at all the way DA and Quinn are. His transition will be easier with your team then it was for ours because he already has a 34 defense in place with a legitimate nose tackle to anchor the line. If you want to judge how good a coach he is, note your defense's improvement against the run, otherwise he tends to delegate play calling to the OC or DC, just hope that your's are good.

Your "team" didn't shit the bed and collpase, your "quarterback" did. Something Mangini had nothing to do with.

No - go back to the Jets Message boards (which were displaying "Mangini has got to go" banners a month ago" and you'll see plenty of games which they lost due to questionable coaching decisions and non-decisions.

The Jets fans know that Favre certainly didn't put the team on his back - but they also know spending $140 million in other offseason personnel should get you more than what was effectively an 8-8 season.

Did Mangini throw all of those int's at the end of the season? So you can't give 100% of the blame to the HC.

Of course not, but Eric stuck with Favre even when our offense put up three points against the Seahawks in a must win game. He never benched him no matter how many picks he threw and when our offense got going Mangini reverted into Martyball mode and coached scared. I'm not trying to bullshit you guys I love the Browns as a team and enjoyed watching every game I've seen them in, but unless Eric experiences an epiphany where he realizes that blitzing works and slant routes aren't the only passing plays then you guys will have the same agonizing "almost there" seasons we've had.

Did Mangini ever win a big game in New York? Outside of beating the pats.

Yeah the Jets beat the Pats in 2006 on the road to get into the Wild Card Round, and then Chad Pennington choked against the Pats in that playoff game. In 2007 our team sucked, and this year we won on the road in New England and Tennessee. Those were two huge wins but after that the wheels fell off and the Jets went into collapse mode.

If Mangini gets a new OC and DC (which he's getting) he'll be fine.

He's drafted well and done due dilligence finding the guys he wants that are high character.

He'll be a good coach. As for bringing you far in the playoffs? That I have yet to see. But at the very least you're going to get a good core group of guys that aren't hard to get behind.

This just smells like a bad hire....especially with young NFL coordinators who are ready to lead a franchise. I had no idea who Mike Tomlin was when the Steelers hired him...but, I am thrilled they did!

I'm not very inclined to listen to the opinion of a guy who had never heard of his new head coach until they announced his name at the presser.

If Mangini gets a new OC and DC (which he's getting) he'll be fine.

He's drafted well and done due dilligence finding the guys he wants that are high character.

He'll be a good coach. As for bringing you far in the playoffs? That I have yet to see. But at the very least you're going to get a good core group of guys that aren't hard to get behind.

ESPN Article

This states that Brian Daboll (Current Jets Quarterbacks coach) and Rob Ryan (Current Raiders Defensive Coordinator) will be his coordinators.

As long as he's not bringing Brian Schottenheimer im pleased, we're getting a HC with 2 winning seasons out of his first 3 whilst he was changing the defence from a 4-3 to a 3-4, we're not the most attractive of propositions right now so im pleased with Mangini, and its a coach with nfl experience which is a must have for me.

This just smells like a bad hire....especially with young NFL coordinators who are ready to lead a franchise. I had no idea who Mike Tomlin was when the Steelers hired him...but, I am thrilled they did!

1st... Has Tomlin won a big game in Pittsburgh? 2nd... how the hell can you call this a bad hire when you had never even heard of Tomlin?

Jets fans ...

Patriot fans...

Suck it.

From a division that went 0-1 in the playoffs we shall take no shit.

Jets fans will whine and cry when Mangini succeeds. Patriot fans will whine and cry regardless because they are from Boston.

You are all pretty faggy if you ask me.

Mangini is now in a real city with real fans in a real division that plays real defensive football.

He's back where he started.

We have bigger game to worry about: Steelers and Ravens.

We don't have time to worry about teams that got beat down by Chad Pennington.

Zombo

Again, Rob Ryan sounds like a good hire to me. But given how Ryan ran a 4-3 in Oakland, would Cleveland make that change or would Ryan change his scheme?

You'll see a hybrid D that runs both 3-4 and 4-3 like his brothers D in Baltimore. It will be a 1 gap aggressive blitzing D. Wow I cant wait for the first game against Baltimore. I think Cleveland will finally have a D to rival the Stoolers and Ratbirds!

Im not thrilled about letting Chud go though I really think the guy has talent and he proved it last year. I have no clue who this Jets Qb coach is and need to find out more...

i love that we hired a guy that didn't interview with anyone else. this makes perfect sense for randy lerner to hire a guy that nobody else interviewed. perhaps the best part of the whole thing is that lerner said he was "blown away" and "impressed" by mangini's interview. if you recall lerner was also "blown away" and "impressed" by romeo's interview as well. attention randy lerner: SELL THE TEAM

i love that we hired a guy that didn't interview with anyone else. this makes perfect sense for randy lerner to hire a guy that nobody else interviewed. perhaps the best part of the whole thing is that lerner said he was "blown away" and "impressed" by mangini's interview. if you recall lerner was also "blown away" and "impressed" by romeo's interview as well. attention randy lerner: SELL THE TEAM

I believe....I HOPE that if Mangini fails then it will almost force Lerner to question himself to the point of selling the team. Because this hire is strictly on him and him alone. He rolled the dice on his own beliefs and must live or die with the consequences!

I really don't know what to think about Mangini, but I will take the "best of luck Browns fans," because I think we're going to need it. I'm just glad that Cowher is not in the picture, I don't think I could have handled it.

Bad drafts, bad coaching/personnel moves, bad whatever, we desperately need a turnaround.

Archived