THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini should shell out his LOVE for DA

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

No one is gonna offer a trade if they have any hint that we are gonna release him prior to the March signing bonus. If no one offers anything and we decide we want to keep both, than no harm done.

But the dumbest thing this new regime can do is to dis DA (or either one of them) and show our cards.

No more Mr. Nice guy ... His press conference should be DA-this and DA-that, with a luke-warm mention of Brady as being a great player (as well).

Guest Super Fly

Savage screwed us with DA contract and no one is going to pick up his current contract where it is right now they will wait for him to get cut.

Keeping them both would be good in an ideal world, especially considering how low DA's trade value probably is right now. But I'm not sure we need that sort of leftover hangover from the whole QB controversy. DA has got to go to make the whole thing ancient history.

I agree with Stan. Try as best as you can to get what you can for DA, but I don't see any point in keeping him. There's alot of holes in that safety net. Do we really want a guy to come off the bench that gives us zero chance to win?

-Al

No one is gonna offer a trade if they have any hint that we are gonna release him prior to the March signing bonus. If no one offers anything and we decide we want to keep both, than no harm done.

But the dumbest thing this new regime can do is to dis DA (or either one of them) and show our cards.

No more Mr. Nice guy ... His press conference should be DA-this and DA-that, with a luke-warm mention of Brady as being a great player (as well).

That is wishful thinking. But it just might work and again it may stir up the whole QB controversy crap again.

Oh God not this again.... we've had 2 seasons of this, give the damn kid a shot already. He played great against Denver then broke his finger against buffalo and played houston with a broken finger and had a bad game (what a suprise seeing as how his injury restricted him from throwing correctly) Im sick of some peoples desire for controversey. This is Quinns team, DA proved exactly what he proved in high school college and the pros, his time is up here, its time to start the future, its time to start winning.

Continued even further-er when Mangini assured Lerner he could Win With Quinn.

How do we know this? I think that's a rumor. I don't think the coach would commit to that so quickly. Then again, anyone is better than Kellen Clemens or the last five games of Brett Favre.

How do we know this? I think that's a rumor. I don't think the coach would commit to that so quickly. Then again, anyone is better than Kellen Clemens or the last five games of Brett Favre.

Go post on a Beavers board you big homo.

I'm not being contrary... I just think that ship has sailed.

Started with Crennel saying Quinn would be the guy. It was assumed that came from above.

Continued with Anderson saying he doesn't like Cleveland and Cleveland doesn't like him.

Continued further when the Browns assigned Thomas and Quinn as team spokespersons after the firings.

Continued even further-er when Mangini assured Lerner he could Win With Quinn.

But it all started with Anderson having a SUB 70s PASSER RATING OVER HIS LAST 17 STARTS. The guy didn't hit a bump. He sucked for a really long time after some flickering promise against the Bengals, Rams, and other weak defenses. That's it. That's how long it lasted, like 7 or 8 games total.

His profile around the league is not going to change because of a Cleveland scam. Kiper spoke for the league when he said Anderson is seen as a backup.

The Browns fans want an identity and that starts with the coach and the QB. They don't want a competition or a revolving door. They want Quinn.

Well said and completely on point.

Indecision is the absolute worst thing we could do this offseason and preseason. Quinn is the starter. End of conversation.

Oh God not this again.... we've had 2 seasons of this, give the damn kid a shot already. He played great against Denver then broke his finger against buffalo and played houston with a broken finger and had a bad game (what a suprise seeing as how his injury restricted him from throwing correctly) Im sick of some peoples desire for controversey. This is Quinns team, DA proved exactly what he proved in high school college and the pros, his time is up here, its time to start the future, its time to start winning.

Don't know what you're talking about....Derek Anderson is the closest thing this town has seen to winning since Bernie/Vinnie, if you even know who they are/were. No offense, just keepin it real.

I don't think its worth the 5 mill cap hit to do the "who's better" thing one more time.

I don't think they can avoid it by simply "cutting" him. It's a 5M wash either way.....a 6.5 mil cap hit or a 5 mil bonus, you're paying either way as I see it.

His fate comes down to 3 things in my mind: what another team might offer, if DA can still endure Clev, and/or if they'll spend....$XX on a potential back-up. After the 5M wash you pay regardless, you could keep him as a backup for about 1.5 Mil more.

Unless a team is screaming for him, it sounds like a bargain to me. B)

I agree with Stan. Try as best as you can to get what you can for DA, but I don't see any point in keeping him. There's alot of holes in that safety net. Do we really want a guy to come off the bench that gives us zero chance to win?

-Al

Agree 100 percent. I'm sure as soon as the GM is chosen and he gets together with the new HC, DA will be with some other team, and we will get whatever we can for him. DA would only be a distraction on the "new" Browns. We have to get rid of him.

DA is nothing. He is a horrible quarterback, plain and simple, hes another Tim Couch. I hope he leaves. Just look at what he does. He doesnt know how to get rid of the ball, doesnt run, doesnt do squat. Quinn? 10000 times better. Hes much quicker in the pocket, is more consistent and accurate when throwing, and GETS RID OF IT QUICKLY. Quinn is the man for the job. Screw DA. He may have my first name but thats means nothing. To hell with him.

How do we know they won't keep DA and ship Quinn?

We don't.

But if you weight the facts and play the odds, DA probably goes before Quinn....but if Mangini was never all that high on Quinn when he came out of college, you never know.

I doubt Quinn goes now, but there is a slim chance we might keep DA 1 more year so the new group gets a crack at him.

I find it a bit odd many around here are so eager to keep Wimp, who has started more, yet so eager to dump DA.

Just the nature of the QB position I suppose.

That would be a bad move on Mangini's part. There is only one thing he needs to do to endear himself to the people of Cleveland for the long haul.........anoint Brady Quinn the starter.

Brady Quinn at QB is the primary obsession. Winning is secondary. As long Mangini backs Quinn fully he can go 1-15 for years and nobody will think twice about him being the right hire.

Hell that was all RAC had to do too and he would still be employed. The main reason that RAC was run was because he didn't show the love to Quinn.

If Mangini comes out and praises Anderson today then he'll already be in the doghouse with BQ Nation.

If Mangini comes out and praises Anderson today then he'll already be in the doghouse with BQ Nation Lerner.

Walk with me a second......Bill, is it okay if I call you Bill?

If Lerner was the one who initiated Quinn's draft a hundred pieces suddenly fall snugly into place. Now whether that's their natural home or not is the million dollar question.

Some food for thought:

Something about that draft has never felt completely right. I realize there were only a couple of years to judge Savage by, but going back in after Quinn just didn't seem "phil" to me....whatever that means. It didn't seem like a natural move for them, something he was excited about doing later. If it actually was the plan and they somehow managed to successfully pulled it off, you'd think they'd be absolutely thrilled. It might just be my imagination but it just seemed forced to me. Lerner pulling the trigger on this one makes the most sense of anything I've heard.

After game 8 it was odd to see RAC stating DA will start on Monday morning, then just a few hours later at noon or so he proclaimed Quinn as the starter. When asked he echoed again and again "It was my decision".

After some brutal hazing against teams such as the Colts, Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Giants, and as Anderson was just beginning to catch and the soft part of the schedule was finally approaching he is sat down.

The timing seemed completely off, there were so many opportunities to sit him before that.....it left me bewildered. It wasn't enough to sit him before, so why now?

If it were all about winning the season, that's exactly when you leave DA playing.

Romeo reacted exactly as he would if Lerner gave the order. The coach would never throw the owner under the bus. He'd take responsibility for it. Not saying it's the only conclusion, but it fits.

RAC pulling him 2 games later after stating it was not due to the finger. It was a total contradiction after declaring him the starter. To commit to Quinn is to commit to Quinn. Quinn was not put in there to save the season. If Lerner actually did call for Quinn, putting Anderson back in would undoubtedly upset him.

Of the entire interview between Lerner and Mangini it seemed like what everyone noticed the most was essentially:

Lerner "Can you win with Quinn?"

Mangini "Yeah. I think I can."

Lerner "That's all I needed to hear."

Maybe it really was like that.

While this all probably reeks of conjecture to most, if you followed it from the start and had kicked it around a little bit as it happened there would be no denying the uncanny possibility. In fact, the more I think about it the more it has become the only thing that makes total sense sometimes.

It took a windy road to get here but at least now Lerner finally has his people in place.

Furthurmore, I agree. An '09 H.C. w/ his head way up Quinn's ass could probably go 4 & 12 again.

Guest Masters
That would be a bad move on Mangini's part. There is only one thing he needs to do to endear himself to the people of Cleveland for the long haul.........anoint Brady Quinn the starter.

Brady Quinn at QB is the primary obsession. Winning is secondary. As long Mangini backs Quinn fully he can go 1-15 for years and nobody will think twice about him being the right hire.

Hell that was all RAC had to do too and he would still be employed. The main reason that RAC was run was because he didn't show the love to Quinn.

If Mangini comes out and praises Anderson today then he'll already be in the doghouse with BQ Nation.

Once again, you show you know zero about Cleveland Browns fans, including those on this board.

The only person who would be happy losing as long as a certain QB was playing is you!

Quickly, I hear people say keeping DA around as a backup would be a bargain and he could come in and ignite the offense if it bogs down.

Problem with that theory is, DA is a notoriously slow starter. He's not the kind of guy to come in cold and immediately move the team. I also question if he can perform at all without most of the reps every week.

They need to move on and get whatever they can for him, Phillip fooked it all up not moving him last year and most of us knew it, although we tried to maintain the faith.

Lumsford, your jealousy of Queen actually makes me a little more uneasy than your crush on Derek Bear, it's extremely bizarre.

Thanks for filling us in that we only became Browns fans when Queen was drafted, I'll probably go root for Bmore or Pitt when he's gone. meanwhile, you'll be somewhere like KC or Minny telling fans there how much better DA is than their gay starter, popping in here occasionally when Queen has less than a 104 QBR. I mean, hell, he had that his first start ever and you claimed he smoked pole.

Lum has drawn the line in the sand: Derek Bear and a rating of 40 + is good, Queen and a rating of 104 (in first start with 2 days to prepare) while healthy is bad.

Gotta love a man crush that goes this deep, but it can be damaging. What happens when he's gone from football and Lums' online whackoff fests? This conjures up more inspirational song lyrics, it's been too long.

Cinderella was actually an okay hair band in the day, and this little tearjerker is one for the ages and the Lumsfreddy.

Cindirella Don't Know What You've got (Till It's Gone) Lyrics:

(Keifer)

I can't tell you baby what went wrong

I can't make you feel what

you felt so long ago

I let it show

I can't give you back what's been hurt

Heart aches come and go and

All that's left are the words

I can't let go

If we take some time, think it over baby

Take some time, let me know

If you really wanna go

Don't know what you got til it's gone

Don't know what it is I did so wrong

Now I know what I got

It's just this song

And it ain't easy to get back takes so long

I can't feel the things that cause you pain

I can't clear my heart of your

love it falls like rain

Ain't the same

I hear you calling far away

[ Find more Lyrics at www.mp3lyrics.org/dun ]

Tearing through my soul

I just can't take another day

Who's to blame

If we take some time, think it over baby

Take some time, let me know

If you really wanna go

Don't know what it is I did so wrong

Now I know what I got

It's just this song

Do you wanna see me beggin' baby

Can't you give me just one more day

Can't you see my heart's been draggin' lately

I've been looking for the words to say

Ooooh

Don't know what it is I did so

wrong, wrong, wrong

Now I know what I got

It's just this song

Don't know what it is I did so

wrong, wrong, wrong

Now I know what I got

It's just this song

Lumsford, your jealousy of Queen actually makes me a little more uneasy than your crush on Derek Bear, it's extremely bizarre.

Thanks for filling us in that we only became Browns fans when Queen was drafted, I'll probably go root for Bmore or Pitt when he's gone. meanwhile, you'll be somewhere like KC or Minny telling fans there how much better DA is than their gay starter, popping in here occasionally when Queen has less than a 104 QBR. I mean, hell, he had that his first start ever and you claimed he smoked pole.

Lum has drawn the line in the sand: Derek Bear and a rating of 40 + is good, Queen and a rating of 104 (in first start with 2 days to prepare) while healthy is bad.

Gotta love a man crush that goes this deep, but it can be damaging. What happens when he's gone from football and Lums' online whackoff fests? This conjures up more inspirational song lyrics, it's been too long.

Cinderella was actually an okay hair band in the day, and this little tearjerker is one for the ages and the Lumsfreddy.

Cindirella Don't Know What You've got (Till It's Gone) Lyrics:

(Keifer)

I can't tell you baby what went wrong

I can't make you feel what

you felt so long ago

Riff,

That's freakin hilarious! Thanks to you and the lyrics, we'll never forget how much that Queer Eye needed some Air Supply. Poor Lums has permanent 3 Wood with extra grip strength. No wonder why he's all bent out of shape.

- Tom F.

Riff,

That's freakin hilarious! Thanks to you and the lyrics, we'll never forget how much that Queer Eye needed some Air Supply. Poor Lums has permanent 3 Wood with extra grip strength. No wonder why he's all bent out of shape.

- Tom F.

All he needs is a tube of PL400,his hand and the PL400 drawn on his weenis and he'll have wood for his Derek Bear for life!

Archived