Here is our Head Coaching Staff So Far

Eric Mangini

p1_mangini_getty.jpgeric_mangini_headshot_large.jpgmanginibig.jpg

(He Needs to Loose some Weight)

Rob Ryan

robryanx.jpgRyan-2007.jpgA23689811199297433A.jpg

Brian Daboll

1210936579_5590.jpgDaboll-large.jpg340x.jpg

They all look like hardasses, well... Mangini looks like the kid that got picked on in middleschool that now is "smarter than everyone" and makes millions a year

Driving home today, 6:30pm California time, they had an interview on Fox Sports radio, with Andre Nott? sideline reporter from WTAM radio, claiming RAC will be the Defensive Coordinator. This was about 30 minutes ago. Claimed RAC and Mangini are great friends and RAC would only take the demotion for Mangini.

Also said he was in a group of reporters that, while they were walking to the interview room to talk with Lerner, found out Mangini was fired, they told Lerner and his eyes lit up and he apparently left the interview to get more info, make a phone call or two.

Don't know the reliability of this guy, but..........

Driving home today, 6:30pm California time, they had an interview on Fox Sports radio, with Andre Nott? sideline reporter from WTAM radio, claiming RAC will be the Defensive Coordinator. This was about 30 minutes ago. Claimed RAC and Mangini are great friends and RAC would only take the demotion for Mangini.

Also said he was in a group of reporters that, while they were walking to the interview room to talk with Lerner, found out Mangini was fired, they told Lerner and his eyes lit up and he apparently left the interview to get more info, make a phone call or two.

It was reported earlier that Mangini and Crennel talked and Crennel decided it would be better for Mangini if he moved on.

Andre is normally quite good; it appears he swung and missed on that one though..

One thing about Ryan....he plays press coverage on the outside.

I think this just made Malcom Jenkins the odds on favorite as our #1 pick.

For him to run his D, he needs at least one top notch corner...I mean top notch.

Jenkins is the pick.

FoxSports just had their first mock draft on the computer this morning and

at #5 they have the Browns taking none other than....................Malcom Jenkins.

This was before Mangini was confirmed.

Personally, I would rather see a pass rusher. It doesn't matter WHO you have at

corner if you don't have a pass rush.

FoxSports just had their first mock draft on the computer this morning and

at #5 they have the Browns taking none other than....................Malcom Jenkins.

This was before Mangini was confirmed.

Personally, I would rather see a pass rusher. It doesn't matter WHO you have at

corner if you don't have a pass rush.

Hey guys, I have many Browns fans as friends and getting Mangini will set you back another 3-5 years from anything as he is set in his ways and stubborn. He lost his team in NY with the way he treated players and he will to you too. I hope well for you guys as I dont dislike the Browns, but I think your team should have looked hard at other available coaches. Maybe Im wrong.

It was reported earlier that Mangini and Crennel talked and Crennel decided it would be better for Mangini if he moved on.

I heard Mangini ask Romeo to go fetch him some coffee,Crennel showed up half hour later with an empty bag of krispy kremes and a half drank cup of coffee.interview over

Hey guys, I have many Browns fans as friends and getting Mangini will set you back another 3-5 years from anything as he is set in his ways and stubborn. He lost his team in NY with the way he treated players and he will to you too. I hope well for you guys as I dont dislike the Browns, but I think your team should have looked hard at other available coaches. Maybe Im wrong.

How did he treat his players? If you mean he was too tough on them I say this team needs a swift kick in the dick.

How did he treat his players? If you mean he was too tough on them I say this team needs a swift kick in the dick.

Few players were quoted as saying that he was very tough on them but only because he wanted the best effort out of them. He also ran a brutal training camp during his first two seasons until he eased off in 2008. It may seem corny to some but he makes players run laps for making mistakes (I'm sure this tidbit was well publicized by Favre's famous lap around the field). It's well documented that he rode Leon Washington HARD during his rookie training camp, which is something Leon attributes his current success to. He demands a lot from his players the mental aspect of the game. He expects players to know the opponent's key formations and personnel groups. In his fairwell speech to the team, he actually apologized to the team for being so tough on them and explained that it was to get the best out of them.

Archived