THE BROWNS BOARD

Jet Fan for Mangini

mangini4life

I know a lot of jets fan might tell you guys bad things about mangini, but they are mostly clueless. mangini took herm edwards no talent soft pussies and turn the team into a winner. we had 1 prowbowler in 2006, 0 in 2007 and 7 in 2008, mangini is a hardass like parcell and takes no excuses from anyone, and whoever doesn't fit his mold will find himself on the outside looking in. mangini is a hard working intense guy and he is all bussiness all the time. you will see him turn primadonnas like winslow jr and turn them into smart, hardworking, character players.

I know a lot of jets fan might tell you guys bad things about mangini, but they are mostly clueless. mangini took herm edwards no talent soft pussies and turn the team into a winner. we had 1 prowbowler in 2006, 0 in 2007 and 7 in 2008, mangini is a hardass like parcell and takes no excuses from anyone, and whoever doesn't fit his mold will find himself on the outside looking in. mangini is a hard working intense guy and he is all bussiness all the time. you will see him turn primadonnas like winslow jr and turn them into smart, hardworking, character players.

+1

get ready for competition at every position, cauz nobody has job security when mangini is the coach

And thats the way it should be...

I think lerner made a good hire in mangini especially if we get rob ryan they are exactly what our softass players need...

a warning though: mangini can be a stubborn prick sometimes, and his inexperience hurts him sometimes dealing with certain game situations, mangini is all numbers, lacks football incstincts of parcells or and bellycheat but he is getting better eery year. you guys have a dynasty maker on your hands if you can give him a few years to really learn the head coach position

mangini is super secretive, get ready for the media to get frustrated for lack of access.

also mangini is a great judge of talent. he is the best drafter we had "ever".

darrelle revis=all pro

nick mangold=all pro

david harris

leon washington=all pro

dbrickashaw was deemed a bust but mangini whiped him into shape and he was a probowl alternate this year

mangini is super secretive, get ready for the media to get frustrated for lack of access.

also mangini is a great judge of talent. he is the best drafter we had "ever".

darrelle revis=all pro

nick mangold=all pro

david harris

leon washington=all pro

dbrickashaw was deemed a bust but mangini whiped him into shape and he was a probowl alternate this year

Thanks man for being straight up. Good luck in your HC search.

Dude.....I'm a life long Jets fan and let me tell you, Mangini had not as much to do with your Pro Bowl idea as you think.

1st off Faneca (going to Bowl) and D. Woody revamped our OF line for Jones (going to Bowl).

2nd off Favres presence made other teams respect our passing game, something new compared to when teams all but knew our playbook with Pennington under center, which helps our line and Jones.

3rd. Our FO signed a beast in Jenkins (going to Bowl) to stuff the middle.

Washington (going to Bowl) was helped by his returns as usuall and by Favre and the OF line.

Revis (going to Bowl) has been strong since our FO drafted him.

Finally, Mangold (going to Bowl) deserves so as well, as he took care of the middle all season.

While I disagree with Favre going, his presence alone opened up our offense, AND ALL THESE PIECES WERE PART OF OUR FRONT OFFICE'S DECISIONS. MANGINA SU**S, MIKE TANNENBAUM DESRVES THE CREDIT. MANGINI LOST THE JETS TEAM AND THEY GAVE UP. HE MADE NO IN GAME CHANGES. HIS DEFENSE LACKED ANY SORT OF PASS RUSH. HE COULD NOT DICIPLINE A QB IN FAVRE. HE HAS NO FIRE DURING GAME TIME. HE'S AT BEST A DC, AND WHO EVEN KNOWS ABOUT THAT, AS THATS WHAT HE'S SUPPOSED TO KNOW BEST, DF! WHAT KIND OF COACH DOES NOT DICIPLINE A QB THROWING SO MANY INT'S? Give me a break, Im glad he's gone. Let Cleveland deal with his BS gameplanning now.

Dude.....I'm a life long Jets fan and let me tell you, Mangini had not as much to do with your Pro Bowl idea as you think.

1st off Faneca (going to Bowl) and D. Woody revamped our OF line for Jones (going to Bowl).

2nd off Favres presence made other teams respect our passing game, something new compared to when teams all but knew our playbook with Pennington under center, which helps our line and Jones.

Washington (going to Bowl) was helped by his returns as usuall and by Favre and the OF line.

Finally, Mangold (going to Bowl) deserves so as well, as he took care of the middle all season.

While I disagree with Favre going, his presence alone opened up our offense, AND ALL THESE PIECES WERE PART OF OUR FRONT OFFICE'S DECISIONS. MANGINA SU**S, MIKE TANNENBAUM DESRVES THE CREDIT. MANGINI LOST THE JETS TEAM AND THEY GAVE UP. HE MADE NO IN GAME CHANGES. HIS DEFENSE LACKED ANY SORT OF PASS RUSH. HE COULD NOT DICIPLINE A QB IN FAVRE. HE HAS NO FIRE DURING GAME TIME. HE'S AT BEST A DC, AND WHO EVEN KNOWS ABOUT THAT, AS THATS WHAT HE'S SUPPOSED TO KNOW BEST, DF! WHAT KIND OF COACH DOES NOT DICIPLINE A QB THROWING SO MANY INT'S? Give me a break, Im glad he's gone. Let Cleveland deal with his BS gameplanning now.

Dude...go to Gate D, please. In case you didn't know your own team (and I'm sure you don't) Mike Tannenbaum has absolutely no scouting experience (as his choice of Favre demonstrates). Eric Mangini had more of a say in all of those pickups than any of the crap that you spew. Why the hell should we listen to the coach's EX-team? That's like listening to your girlfriend's EX-boyfriend. His opinion is biased and so is yours.

Dude...go to Gate D, please. In case you didn't know your own team (and I'm sure you don't) Mike Tannenbaum has absolutely no scouting experience (as his choice of Favre demonstrates). Eric Mangini had more of a say in all of those pickups than any of the crap that you spew. Why the hell should we listen to the coach's EX-team? That's like listening to your girlfriend's EX-boyfriend. His opinion is biased and so is yours.

Dude, scouting refers to pre-draft agenda, which is Terry Bradway's job with the Jets. I know my team, have season tickets, go to atleast 4-5 home games a year, have input from close ties to the team, etc. You cant tell me that Jones would have 15td's with Pennington under center this past year. GROW THE F UP. Yes Farve S**KED the last 5-6 games but he was the right choice for THIS YEAR, but it didnt work out, and niether would have CHAD who would have been let go after this season anyhow. Mike T did a great job although we fell short of the playoffs/ Lets see, since Woody bought the team in 2000 we made playoffs how many times? 4, YES 4 and you guys what? 1..........whats that.......1?

And............haha......you only wish you had a gate D, which is right near my section :D

lets see, tannenbaum was a lawyer by profession, was a contract lawyer all his life and all of a sudden becomes a talent evaluater, coincidently when mangini came over? yeah ok

lets see, tannenbaum was a lawyer by profession, was a contract lawyer all his life and all of a sudden becomes a talent evaluater, coincidently when mangini came over? yeah ok

Well it looks as if it has panned off, in a good way. 7 pro Bowlers this year? Who's your GM and how many are the Browns sending to the Pro Bowl again???

RIGHT..................... two lonely soles.

Plus, as of now we have a souting director named Terry Bradway who loves doing what he does, and is the talent evaluator. Mike T is the numbers guru., Get your facts straight.

Well it looks as if it has panned off, in a good way. 7 pro Bowlers this year? Who's your GM and how many are the Browns sending to the Pro Bowl again???

RIGHT..................... two lonely soles.

Plus, as of now we have a souting director named Terry Bradway who loves doing what he does, and is the talent evaluator. Mike T is the numbers guru., Get your facts straight.

read the whole post, i'm a jets fan, not a browns fan

read the whole post, i'm a jets fan, not a browns fan

Sorry my Brother! We all have our own opinions on our Jets. Its part of life being a Jets fan, as you know. We'll get through it,..................................................................SOMEDAY!!! Keep your head up, my man!

Sorry my Brother! We all have our own opinions on our Jets. Its part of life being a Jets fan, as you know. We'll get through it,..................................................................SOMEDAY!!! Keep your head up, my man!

i wish i could, hopefully parcell ditches dolphags and exercise his out clause

Hi Everyone.

As my username indicates, I am a life long Jets fan who registered with this forum once it was clear that Mangini will be the next Browns coach. First and foremost, I will always be a Jets fan and my allegance will always be to the green and white. However, I am angered by the Jets FO and the rabid/bipolar NY fans armed with hindsight made it unbearable to read some of the Jets MB.

I truly believe that it was a huge mistake to let Mangini go, who I think will be a fine NFL coach in the near future. Maybe he'll hit his stride during his tenure with the Browns or perhaps not. But I really bought into the program that Mike. T and Mangini were supposedly building together....the core values he preached to players, the hard disciplined approach, establishing a system of meritocracy, attention to detail, all of it. This is not to say he didn't make his share of mistakes but he has shown during his stint with the Jets that he has the ability to recognize his mistakes, learns from them, and to correct them.

I honestly think the Browns organization hired a promising young coach who will only get better. I won't make claims that he'll magically transform prima donnas into high character, hard working, and selfless players but he will definately get his point across that attitudes detrimental to the team chemistry will not be tolerated.

I will be rooting for Mangini and the Browns except when it impacts the Jets.

Hi Everyone.

As my username indicates, I am a life long Jets fan who registered with this forum once it was clear that Mangini will be the next Browns coach. First and foremost, I will always be a Jets fan and my allegance will always be to the green and white. However, I am angered by the Jets FO and the rabid/bipolar NY fans armed with hindsight made it unbearable to read some of the Jets MB.

I truly believe that it was a huge mistake to let Mangini go, who I think will be a fine NFL coach in the near future. Maybe he'll hit his stride during his tenure with the Browns or perhaps not. But I really bought into the program that Mike. T and Mangini were supposedly building together....the core values he preached to players, the hard disciplined approach, establishing a system of meritocracy, attention to detail, all of it. This is not to say he didn't make his share of mistakes but he has shown during his stint with the Jets that he has the ability to recognize his mistakes, learns from them, and to correct them.

I honestly think the Browns organization hired a promising young coach who will only get better. I won't make claims that he'll magically transform prima donnas into high character, hard working, and selfless players but he will definately get his point across that attitudes detrimental to the team chemistry will not be tolerated.

I will be rooting for Mangini and the Browns except when it impacts the Jets.

+1 fellow jets fan :ph34r:

Hey Jets fans above (making certain to not include PBJELLY the xxxxING IDIOT Jets fan on previous pages--who is now on ignore for life I might add) thanks for taking the time to stop by and post.

I, like many others, have been reading this board and it's predecessors for years and it's always welcome to meet some civil fans with something to say. Thank you Manginiforlife for the insight. It's always good to hear that type of support from the former team's fans.

Hope you guys stick around and drink up the kool-aid. The Browns are a great team in history, but currently just memories, and we hope your guy Mangini will be the one to finally consumate this thing for SOOOOOO many of us. I have been skeptical of him thus far but after the Ryan hiring I'm ready to give him his keys.

Two interesting things I've noticed while reading some Jets posts (not just you guys):

1) When anyone described how Mangini would lay down the law and players would compete for their positions like it was going to suddenly get tough for our guys, I didn't feel it.I liked that Mangini is also high character like RAC was but the guys run laps here just like Favre did there. In fact, Edwards was running laps when Stallworth spiked him this past summer. The only REALLY different thing I heard was the Rob Ryan stuff. And that stuff gets me pretty hyped, I must tell you.

Is there an impression that Romeo wasn't much of a disciplinarian or that the Browns players are too loose?That they don't practice much maybe?

Also mentioned several times was how Mangini could take a prima dona and transform him into a high character, hard-working player. Are you or in your opinion is the league of the impression the Browns have some prima dona types that require some high character instillment? Just asking. :D

I like to get outside perspectives.

Can't say enough about the high character stuff. To me that's part of the reason for our current invisible lack of success. After 9 starters on IR return, a monkey could swing in Berea on a vine and produce a winner. It's already there, just took 5 years instead of the normal 4, possibly due to a "high character athletic tradeoff". I like what's in place and it's important to me to see it will continue. Most teams have one or two guys on a United Way commercial. There's probably upwards of ten of our guys with their own foundations.

Hey Jets fans above (making certain to not include PBJELLY the xxxxING IDIOT Jets fan on previous pages--who is now on ignore for life I might add) thanks for taking the time to stop by and post.

I, like many others, have been reading this board and it's predecessors for years and it's always welcome to meet some civil fans with something to say. Thank you Manginiforlife for the insight. It's always good to hear that type of support from the former team's fans.

Hope you guys stick around and drinkl up the kool-aid. The Browns are a great team in history, but currently just memories, and we hope your guy Mangini will be the one to finally consumate this thing for SOOOOOO many of us. I have been skeptical of him thus far but after the Ryan hiring I'm ready to give him his keys.

Two interesting things I've noticed while reading some Jets posts (not just you guys):

1) When anyone described how Mangini would lay down the law and players would compete for their positions it all seemed pretty familiar to us, nothing new here. I liked that Mangini is also high character like RAC was but the guys run laps just like Favre. In fact, Edwards was running laps when Stallworth spiked him this past summer. In fact, the only different thing I heard was the Rob Ryan stuff.

Is there an impression that Romeo wasn't much of a disciplinarian or that the Browns players are too loose?That they don't practice much maybe?

Also mentioned several times was how Mangini could take a prima dona and transform him into a high character, hard-working player. Are you or in your opinion is the league of the impression the Browns have some prima dona types that require some high character instillment? Just asking. :D

Loved the high character stuff btw. To me that's part of the reason for our current invisible lack of success. After 9 starters on IR return, a monkey could swing in Berea on a vine and produce a winner. It's already there, just took 5 years instead of the normal 4, possibly due to a "high character athletic tradeoff". I like what's in place and it's important to me to see it will continue. Most teams have one or two guys on a United Way commercial. There's probably upwards of ten of our guys with their own foundations.

well they both come from the same coaching tree, but the key difference is that mangini brings an intensity and work ethic that is hard to match, and some players will have a hard time adjusting to that, lavernous coles hd a real hard time hencethe term primadonnas. u will find out who the primadonnas are as the training camp starts and the players start bitching about the practices. one thing about mangini is that he is a percentages guy, you will learn more about football listening to his press conferences than actually watching the games. he has a way of explaining things very maticulously

well they both come from the same coaching tree, but the key difference is that mangini brings an intensity and work ethic that is hard to match, and some players will have a hard time adjusting to that, lavernous coles hd a real hard time hencethe term primadonnas. u will find out who the primadonnas are as the training camp starts and the players start bitching about the practices. one thing about mangini is that he is a percentages guy, you will learn more about football listening to his press conferences than actually watching the games. he has a way of explaining things very maticulously

Good thing we don't have any L. Coles on our team then, for their sake. Our guys won't need to adjust much, if at all, to the practices and I doubt you'd hear a peep from any of them about hard practices, unless it's in a complimenting fashion.

Sounds like Mangini's gonna love it here. Maybe he's the lucky one. ;)

It's a great locker room (excepting S.Smith, a.k.a. "the cancer's cancer")

I didnt see Mangini Throw the INT Dip Shit! Lord Favre SHIT THE BEAD. Just Like he did in the other four games before. Favre thinks hes a football God no one can control that guy! Mangini had to ride him no matter what or he would have been ridiculed by most of the moronic Jets fans and your so called awesome front office. Mangini wanted no part of Favre on his team and yeah If Pennington was the QB they would be in the playoffs!

Here's the stat line I dont see Mangini's name in it.

(4:59) (No Huddle) 4-B.Favre pass short left intended for 83-C.Stuckey INTERCEPTED by 21-A.Goodman at MIA 25. 21-A.Goodman to MIA 28 for 3 yards (87-L.Coles).

1) When anyone described how Mangini would lay down the law and players would compete for their positions like it was going to suddenly get tough for our guys, I didn't feel it.I liked that Mangini is also high character like RAC was but the guys run laps here just like Favre did there. In fact, Edwards was running laps when Stallworth spiked him this past summer. The only REALLY different thing I heard was the Rob Ryan stuff. And that stuff gets me pretty hyped, I must tell you.

I posted these in reponse to questions similar to yours which gets at what you are asking:

"If his past approach is anything to go by, once you enter Mangini's dog house for whatever reason, you lose playing time and the next player in the pecking order get a shot. In this case, the player would need to "work his way up" by contributing in special teams. Mangini is a big fan of special teams and values players who can contribute in this phase of the game. Once you display that you are willing to do anything to help the team win, only then would Mangini re-establish his playing time."

"Few players were quoted as saying that he was very tough on them but only because he wanted the best effort out of them. He also ran a brutal training camp during his first two seasons until he eased off in 2008. It may seem corny to some but he makes players run laps for making mistakes (I'm sure this tidbit was well publicized by Favre's famous lap around the field). It's well documented that he rode Leon Washington HARD during his rookie training camp, which is something Leon attributes his current success to. He demands a lot from his players the mental aspect of the game. He expects players to know the opponent's key formations and personnel groups. In his farewell speech to the team, he actually apologized to the team for being so tough on them and explained that it was to get the best out of them."

I believe this is how he weeds people out; finding out those who are Mangini type guys and who aren't. Regarding RAC's reputation, I'm probably not very qualified to give an opinion on this. Only thing I'll say about the Browns is that they seemed undisciplined and lacked focus but with the whole FO mess, this isn't too surprising.

I agree with you 100%, Mangini coached some of the worst games this year I have ever seen. Great coaches never loose palyers like mangini did this year. He had nothing to do with the scouting and the draft, he gave his opinion but it was largely bradshaw and tannenbaum responibility. Also just a side note from what I saw for 3 years he is no belichick

I agree with you 100%, Mangini coached some of the worst games this year I have ever seen. Great coaches never loose palyers like mangini did this year. He had nothing to do with the scouting and the draft, he gave his opinion but it was largely bradshaw and tannenbaum responibility. Also just a side note from what I saw for 3 years he is no belichick

guessing is a fools game. what incredible source u have for your statements, let me guess, none!

bradway and tannenbaum were with the jets long before mangini, yet were not able to produce one true offensive or defensive probowler, please spare me the bulshit and come up with something more credible to read

New poster and NOW a Browns fan..I am a huge supporter of Coach Mangini. I think what the Browns fan will love about coach mangini is his willingness to make the hard decision not the popular decision..Disipline issues will be a thing of the past very soon.The boy don't play. Some fans won't agree with all the things he does but he will do what he feels is the absolute best for the Cleveland Browns. His attention to detail and game management are supurb..The Jet team was always well prepared and ran things like the two minute offense very well.

Cleveland Brown fans you are getting one hard ass working,smart,tough coach..you'll see

Archived