THE BROWNS BOARD

Congrats on getting Mangina

Steeler SChick

What - no Cowher, no Shanahan, no Marty?

Told yinz that the stains ain't paying any coin for a premier HC, but I'm usually right and yinz are usually not.

Well, well - Mangina. Couldn't win after getting the drama queen QB and spending a bazillion dollars in FA. Stool pidgeoned Belicheat, not that I didn't mind that but still a sell-out. How much is this guy costing yinz?

Anyway, congrats on getting the guy who's going to save the franchise. Maybe Brett comes with him?

Regards

..... an'at

Told yinz that the stains ain't paying any coin for a premier HC, but I'm usually right and yinz are usually not.

Well, well - Mangina. Couldn't win after getting the drama queen QB and spending a bazillion dollars in FA. Stool pidgeoned Belicheat, not that I didn't mind that but still a sell-out. How much is this guy costing yinz?

Anyway, congrats on getting the guy who's going to save the franchise. Maybe Brett comes with him?

Regards

..... an'at

tomlin is a clown. you will find out this year in the playoffs.

nobody wanted those old pukes anyways. who wants a shitsburgh retread?
Unless I somehow misunderstood their 10 foot banners up in the stands this season a bunch of me bottom-dwellin' Brownie brethren wanted him. Vehemently I might add.

With Grossi leading the band.

Hey Chuck, iyo who's got better wheels, Moore or Parker?

Regards

..... an'at

.... fagg'ot

Regards

..... an'at

go treat your rash! shave your palms while your at it.

I can tell you're from Pittspuke from your horrible attempts at insults and redneck demeanor.

Go away. :)

+1............I hate those redneck Pitts fans almost as much as the backwoods Patriot fans. GTF out of here!

.........although I do agree with what, in his redneck way, is trying to say. That is: Mangini S***S! period.

Regards

..... an'at

The only way Cowher would coach next season was if you gave him full control plus the sun, the moon and the stars. Plus why pursue him heavily if he's not 100% into coaching next year. I'd rather have a guy who wants to be here and is ready and committed to taking on this job.

Looks like Shanahan may take some time before he gets back to coaching and Marty doesn't seem to be interested, at least you don't hear his name mentioned very often for any of the available jobs.

Also if Belichick was filming the Steelers and Tomlin knew about it but kept quiet, what would your reaction be especially if they lost a future game to the Pats ?

The only way Cowher would coach next season was if you gave him full control plus the sun, the moon and the stars. Plus why pursue him heavily if he's not 100% into coaching next year. I'd rather have a guy who wants to be here and is ready and committed to taking on this job.

Looks like Shanahan may take some time before he gets back to coaching and Marty doesn't seem to be interested, at least you don't hear his name mentioned very often for any of the available jobs.

Also if Belichick was filming the Steelers and Tomlin knew about it but kept quiet, what would your reaction be especially if they lost a future game to the Pats ?

To address your second point, Belichick was probably filming the Steelers. That was admitted, his filming went back to 2000 or something like that, but it was with Cowher and I don't think Cowher knew about it. Eric probably did since he was an assistant there until around 2005.

The stains should have realized right out of the gate that Cowher wants money and control. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out but it doesn't surprise me that everyone here who was chanting "Cowher, Cowher" a week or two ago is now suddenly whining about him wanting what he wanted.

Face it, your FO is perfectly happy with yesterday's chopped liver as HC.

Regards

.... an'at

Regards

..... an'at

Mangini is exactly what the browns need unlike tomlin who walked into an already established franchise with fantastic coordinators, scouts and management Mangini has walked into a mess that has had 10 years to fester and requires an experienced HC instead of another on the job project...he has enough experience to build the browns into a competitive team with a sound structure within a couple of years..pukesburgs reign will soon be over.. ;)

Its important that we get a gm whom isnt a power hungry fool like savage..mangini will need the freedom of at least having a large say in the players he needs and wants or we are back to square one..

I'm surprised at how excited you Brownies are about Mangini. I read numerous posts about how the Browns should do it right and Lerner should hire a GM who in turn will hire the coach. Now the cart seems to be put before the horse doesn't it?

Even some comments made here tend to imply the entire Browns organization is rotten to the core (scouts, personel, ball boys, coaching, existing players, owner, etc). Even if Mangini can coach what has been done to fix the rest of your system? If your comments about the entire organization is correct, then I'd have to agree with the Browns fans that said hiring a GM first would have been the right course of action.

Cowher can be a bonehead at times. However, his teams were really competitive, and he worked miracles with subpar players. Kordell Stewart QBed the team to two AFC Championship games!!! Has Schottenhiemer ever had a losing season? He couldn't coach the play-offs but in terms of regular season he's been golden and he's seemed to be able to help get great players in the draft. Most of you Brownies are rooting for SD (which is a team with a huge Schottenhiemer fingerprint). As a fan base, I'd think you'd have to be highly disappointed in not getting one of those two. You didn't even interview Marty.

Regards

..... an'at

This is America. Either learn how to speak English or get the f out. We are gonna beat your asses next year I promise you that. Go Browns!!!!

I'm surprised at how excited you Brownies are about Mangini. I read numerous posts about how the Browns should do it right and Lerner should hire a GM who in turn will hire the coach. Now the cart seems to be put before the horse doesn't it?

Even some comments made here tend to imply the entire Browns organization is rotten to the core (scouts, personel, ball boys, coaching, existing players, owner, etc). Even if Mangini can coach what has been done to fix the rest of your system? If your comments about the entire organization is correct, then I'd have to agree with the Browns fans that said hiring a GM first would have been the right course of action.

Cowher can be a bonehead at times. However, his teams were really competitive, and he worked miracles with subpar players. Kordell Stewart QBed the team to two AFC Championship games!!! Has Schottenhiemer ever had a losing season? He couldn't coach the play-offs but in terms of regular season he's been golden and he's seemed to be able to help get great players in the draft. Most of you Brownies are rooting for SD (which is a team with a huge Schottenhiemer fingerprint). As a fan base, I'd think you'd have to be highly disappointed in not getting one of those two. You didn't even interview Marty.

Whats not to be excited? He is the very first head coach we ever hired that actually HAS head coaching experience. The others did NOT. We are going to beat you "Squeelers" next year. Bet you $1000.

SD has nice weather and fancy drinks

Regards

..... an'at

Chuckie, Chuckie. You can fault Lerner for being stupid, but you sure as hell can't fault him for being cheap. He just ate $20 million in salaries to tell Crennell and Savage to go away- something that Mike Brown would never do in a million years.

Now as to the "names".

1) We couldn't get Pioli because he was asking stupid money- $10 million a year was the rumored price, and he was only using the Browns as leverage to get a big fat raise out of Bob Kraft. SP never really wanted to leave a cush situation with the Pats anyway.

2) Cowher and Marty told the Browns they weren't interested in coaching this year- at any price.

3) Shanahan? He's on vacation, and who knows if he wants to coach this year. He's been so-so since Elway retired, and I've loved watching him bring in every Browns retread on defense (starting with Fatso Warren) and watching them bust again. No thanks.

Mangini was the best available choice. IMHO the Jets gave up on him too soon. I do worry from reports that he's a Crennell clone on the sidelines, but then Tom Landry and Paul Brown weren't exactly balls of fire on the field. BTW, Farve wasn't Mangini's idea- it was the Jets GM pulling the strings on that one. So it's Mangini's fault that Farve turned into an interception machine the last four games, and cost the Jets the playoffs? Should he have benched Farve and played Kellen Clemens?

Archived