THE BROWNS BOARD

Ann Coulter was banned by NBC for being negative about Obama?

calfoxwc

This Is the Downer We've Been Waiting For! by Ann Coulter

01/07/2009

After NBC canceled me "for life" on Monday -- until seven or eight hours later when the ban was splashed across the top of The Drudge Report, forcing a red-faced NBC to withdraw the ban -- an NBC insider told The Drudge Report: "We are just not interested in anyone so highly critical of President-elect Obama, right now," explaining that "it's such a downer. It's just not the time, and it's not what our audience wants, either."

In point of fact, I'm not particularly critical of Obama in my new book. I'm critical of the media for behaving like a protection racket for Obama rather than the constitutionally protected guardians of our liberty that they claim to be. So I think what the NBC insider meant to say is that NBC is not interested in anyone so highly critical of NBC right now. It's such a downer, it's just not the time, and it's not what their audience wants right now, either.

In fact, I think my book is the downer America has been waiting for! So herewith, I present an excerpt from the smash new book out this week, Guilty: Liberal Victims and Their Assault on America:

When the Obama family materialized, the media was seized by a mass psychosis that hadn't been witnessed since Beatlemania. OK! magazine raved that the Obamas "are such an all-American family that they almost make the Brady Bunch look dysfunctional." Yes, who can forget the madcap episode when the Bradys' wacky preacher tells them the government created AIDS to kill blacks!

Still gushing, OK! magazine's crack journalists reported: "Mom goes to bake sales, dad balances the checkbook, and the girls love Harry Potter" -- and then the whole family goes to a racist huckster who shouts, "God damn America!"

Months before network anchors were interrogating vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on the intricacies of foreign policy, here is how NBC's Brian Williams mercilessly grilled presidential candidate Barack Obama: "What was it like for you last night, the part we couldn't see, the flight to St. Paul with your wife, knowing what was awaiting?"

Twisting the knife he had just plunged into Obama, Williams followed up with what has come to be known as a "gotcha" question: "And you had to be thinking of your mother and your father." Sarah Palin was memorizing the last six kings of Swaziland for her media interviews, but Obama only needed to say something nice about his parents to be considered presidential material.

The media's fawning over Obama knew no bounds, and yet, in the midst of the most incredible media conspiracy to turn this jug-eared clodhopper into some combination of Winston Churchill and a young Elvis, you were being a bore if you mentioned the liberal media. Oh surely we've exploded that old chestnut. ... Look! Look, Obama just lit up another Marlboro! Geez, does smoking make you look cool, or what! Yeah, Obama!.

The claim that there's no such thing as a left wing press is a patent lie said to enrage conservatives. Newspapers read like the press under Kim Jong Il, which, outside of a police state, looks foolish. The prose is straight out of The Daily Worker, full of triumphal rhetoric with implicit exclamation points. Still, their chanted slogans fill your brain, like one of those bad songs you can't stop humming.

There is no other explanation for the embarrassing paeans to Obama's "eloquence." His speeches were a run-on string of embarrassing, sophomoric Hallmark card bromides. It seemed only a matter of time before Obama would slip and tell a crowd what a special Dad it had always been to him.

The major theme of Obama's campaign was the audacity of his running for president. He titled his keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, "The Audacity of Hope" -- named after a sermon given by his spiritual mentor Jeremiah Wright, whom we were not allowed to mention without being accused of playing dirty tricks. (Rejected speech titles from sermons by Rev. Wright included "God Damn America!," "The U.S. of K.K.A." and "The Racist United States of America.")

What is so audacious about announcing that you're running for president? Every U.S. Senator has run for president or is currently thinking about running for president. Dennis Kucinich ran for president. Lyndon LaRouche used to run for president constantly.

But the media were giddy over their latest crush. Even when Obama broke a pledge and rejected public financing for his campaign -- an issue more dear to The New York Times than even gay marriage -- the Times led the article on Obama's broken pledge with his excuse. "Citing the specter of attacks from independent groups on the right," the Times article began, "Sen. Barack Obama announced Thursday that he would opt out of the public financing system for the general election."

So he had to break his pledge because he was a victim of the Republican Attack Machine.

When Obama broke his word and voted for the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act bill (FISA), the Times' editorial began: We are shocked and dismayed by Sen. Obama's vote on ... oh, who are we kidding? We can't stay mad at this guy! Isn't he just adorable? Couldn't you just eat him up with a spoon? Is he looking at me? Ohmigod, I think he's looking at me!!!! Couldn't you just die?

It has ever been thus.

Coulter is like the poster child of what a media hungry shock jock sensationlist looks like. She makes conservatives look bad.

When I think of conservatives I usually think of George Bush Sr, Colin Powell, Newt gingrich, when I think of clowns looking to make a buch from sensationalism Coulter, Rush, Moore all come to mind.

When I think of conservatives I usually think of George Bush Sr, Colin Powell, Newt gingrich,

Really?

None seem all that conservative to me.

Maybe Newt.

You must have some criteria?

BTW as edgy as Coulter may be I can't think of many places I'd actually disagree, save perhaps the delivery itself.

WSS

George Bush Sr not a conservative? lifetime Texas republican, military, cia, vp under reagon, economics and social standings literally completely inline with lock step republican mantra?

Colin powell is a small government, fiscal conservative he may be more socially liberal but his economic and government positions are completely conservative.

I am sure you knew this before you asked Steve.

George Bush Sr not a conservative? lifetime Texas republican, military, cia, vp under reagon, economics and social standings literally completely inline with lock step republican mantra?

A New England Republican brought in to shore up the country club republcan factor.

Was never on board with the social agenda of Reagan.

Just because he was CIA?

Is Obama crony Paneta conservative?

Colin powell is a small government, fiscal conservative he may be more socially liberal but his economic and government positions are completely conservative.

Small government?

In what way?

Eliminating welfare?

Hard line with Iran?

Cut the defense budget?

Eliminate affirmitive action?

Nope.

Merely an opportunist who found an easier path to success in the Republican party.

I am sure you knew this before you asked Steve.

No Sev.

That's one reason I don't call myself a "conservative."

Too hard to define and too many rules that nobody adheres to.

Maybe I'm more of a noecon.....

WSS

westside I am not going to go into Bush Sr presidency and policies because they are clearly right leaning and he did have two sons jeb and george both have conservative beliefs they must have got from somewhere.

As for Powell, an oppurtunist? OK. You should read a little about him and his belief in service to country when he is called before you make a statement like you did.

IF you are a neo conservative and admitting it after their ideological failure proven in practice than I salute you.

westside I am not going to go into Bush Sr presidency and policies because they are clearly right leaning and he did have two sons jeb and george both have conservative beliefs they must have got from somewhere.

You won't get into them because you're wrong.

As for Powell, an oppurtunist? OK. You should read a little about him and his belief in service to country when he is called before you make a statement like you did.

Rubbish.

Being an opportunist isn't necessarily evil but he's far from being a conservative.

Read about any general and I'd bet there's a stirring story.

IF you are a neo conservative and admitting it after their ideological failure proven in practice than I salute you.

Oh?

So what do you think a Neocon might be?

Just something you don't like?

If you have a list spell out the ones I should pretend not to espouse.

WSS

let me get this straight Steve.... Bush who under Reagon HEADED multiple task forces for DEREGULATION was not acting as a conservative/probusiness/limited government ?

as the chairman of a TEXAS county republican party... no that does not scream right wing conservative.... millionaire oil man from Texas lost a senate election to democrat Ralph yarborough because he was seen as a right wing extremist....

as a Texas rep he opposed the public accommodations contention in the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and supported open-housing legislation, supported Nixon vietnam policies, voted to abolish the draft and his record outside of birth control was conservative.

hmmm Bsh also was chairman of the republican national committee ( you know a position known for pssst CONSERVATIVES) LIke Nixon, Ford also like him you know CONSERVATIVE and appointed him a liason to China and then CIA director because Ford you know one of the most vocal critics of the "great society" from the democrats was of course CONSERVATIVE.

evidently you dont remember the famos "thousand points of light" speech he made where h he endorsed the Pledge of Allegiance, prayer in schools, capital punishment, gun rights, and his opposition to abortion.

Bush was dedicated to curbing the deficit, believing that America could not continue to be a leader in the world without doing so.[10] He began an effort to persuade the Democratic controlled Congress to act on the budget;[10] with Republicans believing that the best way was to cut government spending, and Democrats convinced that the only way would be to raise taxes, Bush faced problems when it came to consensus building.[10]

In the wake of a struggle with Congress, Bush was forced by the Democratic majority to raise tax revenues; as a result, many Republicans felt betrayed because Bush had promised "no new taxes" in his 1988 campaign.[10] Perceiving a means of revenge, Republican congressmen defeated Bush's proposal which would enact spending cuts and tax increases that would reduce the deficit by $500 billion over five years.[10] Scrambling, Bush accepted the Democrats' demands for higher taxes and more spending, which alienated him from Republicans and gave way to a sharp decrease in popularity.

I would call fiscal responsibility and lower spending along with smaller goverment fairly common true conservative axioms..

his supreme court apointments of Souter and Thomas well also CONSERVATIVE.

Yes you are right I am SOO wrong on Bush not being known in practice and life as a conservative. You should read before you make posts.

As for Powell not being a Conservative that is about as offbase as your statement on Bush Sr.. I think I already demonstrated you dont know much about Bush sr and obviously not much about Colin Powell either.

As for Neo conservative movement I have been since becoming a member a fierce critic on their movenment on this board. I dont need to define their flawed positions and theories on internation policies and interventionism to defend national interests... You of course know the Bush Doctrine something Palin did not... You know the IRAQ DEBACLE and its handling... Irving Kristol is not high on my list of thinkers.

let me get this straight Steve.... Bush who under Reagon HEADED multiple task forces for DEREGULATION was not acting as a conservative/probusiness/limited government ?

as the chairman of a TEXAS county republican party... no that does not scream right wing conservative.... millionaire oil man from Texas lost a senate election to democrat Ralph yarborough because he was seen as a right wing extremist....

as a Texas rep he opposed the public accommodations contention in the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and supported open-housing legislation, supported Nixon vietnam policies, voted to abolish the draft and his record outside of birth control was conservative.

hmmm Bsh also was chairman of the republican national committee ( you know a position known for pssst CONSERVATIVES) LIke Nixon, Ford also like him you know CONSERVATIVE and appointed him a liason to China and then CIA director because Ford you know one of the most vocal critics of the "great society" from the democrats was of course CONSERVATIVE.

evidently you dont remember the famos "thousand points of light" speech he made where h he endorsed the Pledge of Allegiance, prayer in schools, capital punishment, gun rights, and his opposition to abortion.

Bush was dedicated to curbing the deficit, believing that America could not continue to be a leader in the world without doing so.[10] He began an effort to persuade the Democratic controlled Congress to act on the budget;[10] with Republicans believing that the best way was to cut government spending, and Democrats convinced that the only way would be to raise taxes, Bush faced problems when it came to consensus building.[10]

In the wake of a struggle with Congress, Bush was forced by the Democratic majority to raise tax revenues; as a result, many Republicans felt betrayed because Bush had promised "no new taxes" in his 1988 campaign.[10] Perceiving a means of revenge, Republican congressmen defeated Bush's proposal which would enact spending cuts and tax increases that would reduce the deficit by $500 billion over five years.[10] Scrambling, Bush accepted the Democrats' demands for higher taxes and more spending, which alienated him from Republicans and gave way to a sharp decrease in popularity.

I would call fiscal responsibility and lower spending along with smaller goverment fairly common true conservative axioms..

his supreme court apointments of Souter and Thomas well also CONSERVATIVE.

Yes you are right I am SOO wrong on Bush not being known in practice and life as a conservative. You should read before you make posts.

As for Powell not being a Conservative that is about as offbase as your statement on Bush Sr.. I think I already demonstrated you dont know much about Bush sr and obviously not much about Colin Powell either.

You demonstrated zip Sev.

You demonstrated that the moderate Bush didn't fight some "conservative" causes. BFD. Politicians do pander to their electorate but there's not a doubt in my mind he was there to bring the middle of the roaders on board.

As for Neo conservative movement I have been since becoming a member a fierce critic on their movenment on this board. I dont need to define their flawed positions and theories on internation policies and interventionism to defend national interests... You of course know the Bush Doctrine something Palin did not... You know the IRAQ DEBACLE and its handling... Irving Kristol is not high on my list of thinkers.

Actually Charlie Gibson had no idea and was caught off guard.

Like you, he felt anything with "Bush" in the name is something to bitch about.

Also

Ary you saying now that the Bush Doctrine is a euphemism for what you think Neoconservatism might be?

Maybe then you can liist some points as Gibson could not.

And then tell me why I'm wrong to agree it.

As to the CIA it was right wing fanatic Gerald Ford who made that deal.

And maybe you forgot his run against Reagan positioning himself as the moderate.

Maybe?

WSS

no I did not forget inter right wing republican party nominations races..... His actions and posts as well as voting records speak volumes about his conservative values and ideals.

As for what I "think" Neo conservatism is ...... and its relation to the Bush Doctrine as it relates to foriegn policy as well as Bush Jr himself you better go look up the definition and history of the neo conservative movement before you keep posting. Than read my summary.... You will see a very clear correlary. Political science was one and still is one of my favorite subjects as well as history.

I dont "think" I know what Neo conservative are I KNOW because of years of active study and interest as well as personal political activism against groups that push that agenda.

Bush Jr. was completely surrounded by them and was funded and tremoundously helped by them to be elected both times. Iraq is a perfect example of their flawed ideology on display for the world and currently costing us probably over 2 trillion dollars or more when its finally done...... for Nothing.

As for Palin... SHE had no clue not Gibson considering it was GIBSON who gave the clarification and definition afterwards...

I dont "think" I know what Neo conservative are I KNOW because of years of active study and interest as well as personal political activism against groups that push that agenda.

Then I ask again for you to list what you think it is.

At least three parts.

Then tell me where I'd be wrong.

Should be easy enough if you know it.

If not:

I'm sure there are some negative articles on left wing blogs you could cut and paste.

Mere scattergun left wing rage isn't very interesting

WSS

did you read that in my post?

here this is from merriam webster online http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/neo-conservative : conservative who advocates the assertive promotion of democracy and United States national interest in international affairs including through military means

here this is from dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neoconservative n. An intellectual and political movement in favor of political, economic, and social conservatism that arose in opposition to the perceived liberalism of the 1960s: "The neo-conservatism of the 1980s is a replay of the New Conservatism of the 1950s, which was itself a replay of the New Era philosophy of the 1920s" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)

here this is also from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservative Neoconservatism is a political philosophy that emerged in the United States. Its key distinction is in international affairs, where it espouses an interventionist approach that seeks to defend what neo-conservatives deem as national interests. In addition, unlike traditional conservatives

Let me guess those are left wing blogs sites correct? as for three different parts of the ideology what specifically the move away from the liberal left after the new deal or their stance during the 1980/s and the communism expansion or fromthe 1990's on after the collapse of the soviet union?

steve do some research and read a little first before you post. I am not a "left winger" My korean family is extremely conservative more so than most here in the states. I just happen to hold some more moderate social stances.

Just like your response on Palin and gibson along with your lack of policy and historical information on bush sr your response or lack of any information about neo conservativeism reflects that you just post without any real information.

College and libraries along with the internet are not bound by age groups anyone can access them.

did you read that in my post?

here this is from merriam webster online http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/neo-conservative : conservative who advocates the assertive promotion of democracy and United States national interest in international affairs including through military means

here this is from dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/neoconservative n. An intellectual and political movement in favor of political, economic, and social conservatism that arose in opposition to the perceived liberalism of the 1960s: "The neo-conservatism of the 1980s is a replay of the New Conservatism of the 1950s, which was itself a replay of the New Era philosophy of the 1920s" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)

here this is also from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservative Neoconservatism is a political philosophy that emerged in the United States. Its key distinction is in international affairs, where it espouses an interventionist approach that seeks to defend what neo-conservatives deem as national interests. In addition, unlike traditional conservatives

Let me guess those are left wing blogs sites correct? as for three different parts of the ideology what specifically the move away from the liberal left after the new deal or their stance during the 1980/s and the communism expansion or fromthe 1990's on after the collapse of the soviet union?

steve do some research and read a little first before you post. I am not a "left winger" My korean family is extremely conservative more so than most here in the states. I just happen to hold some more moderate social stances.

Just like your response on Palin and gibson along with your lack of policy and historical information on bush sr your response or lack of any information about neo conservativeism reflects that you just post without any real information.

College and libraries along with the internet are not bound by age groups anyone can access them.

So in the end you really had no idea.

Nothing in your own words, just a google search and something irrelevant about Iraq.

I knew that and like the lefties you now emulate there is no substantial argument.

Neocons were originally tagged as such because they had once been liberals as I was but realized the folly of following that failed ideology.

As a dumbass college kid I thought that give peace a chance love thy neighbor shit would make us all happy.

It's bullshit.

Human nature does not allow socialism to work.

Here are a couple popular parts of what the Bush Doctrine has supposedly taken from "neocons."

Other than that you don't give me any policy that STEMS FROM what you think neocons must want that you can argue with.

Dislike of the decay of morality?

Yes Sev I think more welfare and the attqacks on religion and skyrocketing illegitimate birth and the increasing vulgarity of civil discourse is a blight on society.

Nation building?

Been going on since there have been armies.

The US Israel N Korea Iraq on and on and on are examples.

First srtike?

No war you can use as an example has been purely defensive.

What is it ABOUT THE MOVEMENTS you take issue with?

That's what I'm asking you.

(Not why you think a nuclear Iraq is a better for the mid east)

andL

Not for some regurgitated carping about non issues.

Point blank Sev.

What about "the Bush Doctrine or Neoconservatism do you think is wrong?

WSS

PREEMPTIVE INTERVENTIONISM. ALSO the CHRISTIAN INFLUENCE.

I am south korean and the korean conflict was not a nation building project with a hostile non homogenous culture, and neither was Japan. Iraq was not nuclear so drop it because obviously even the Bush adm has.

I have been to the middle east and was born and lived right next to a hostile communist country. I understand personally what kind of positive intervention (KOREAN WAR) which was not PREEMPTIVE should be like.

After or before college did you ever go to the military to see how "peace" works? funny the Soviet union seems to collapse under a peace with the united states and North korea is not doing much better, along with China who is now under market influence instead of military conflict.... the IRA and the Irish government seem to like diplomacy as well as peace..

preemptive interventionism that has heavy christian influence is dangerous and been proven to be quite problematic. Were you even in the military? You talk of preemptive strike and combat pretty nonchalantly.

Its not just me but the UN and the entire world obviously does not agree with the Bush doctrine of PREEMPTIVE INTERVENTIONISM using military force.

Since you talk about human nature and college why dont you list examples and or studies that sociolism does not work? The very basis of rescource sharing gave our species the ability to rise from primitive animals to begin with.. Funny tons of other species also use rescource pooling and sharing to also succeed. You talk about human nature and socialism and college, you must have missed anthropological history courses or even some basic biology courses.

The extremely successful indian cultures who practiced sociolism seem to have defied what you define as "human nature" European nations as well as some right here in the northern and southern hemispere seem to be doing just fine. How is Vietnam doing now since "socialism" is in practice? How about the Socialism we have here in the States for well over 50 years? are the poor and old revolting yet? welfare and medicare/social security seem to be pretty important.

I dont understand international ramifications of a neo conservative policy? funny I lived and served in korea and have been to the middle east. How exactly is the policy of the neocons shaping the north korean containment policy? ITS NOT. .... How about Iran? ITS NOT.... LiBya isolation and containment was used successfully... Funny the only unsuccesful trillion dollar debacle was when preemptive military interventionism was used is Iraq which is widely accepted as a mistake and debacle..

As for Christians attempting to push their ways into a secular society like using a slick pr move of ID, I will always disagree and support leaders who use the constitution to keep religions seperate from education and government.

I at first you did not post any information, than assumed I would post from "left" wing blog sites all wrong assumptions of course. This started with your lack of knowledge about Bush sr and Powell and obviously you have very little grasp of Neo conservative application of military preemptive interventionism, because History has proved it a failed ideology.

Archived