THE BROWNS BOARD

What does Mangini do with Cribbs?

DTBH

I know some of us around here have been saying that Cribbs is best suited to be a defensive back. Some of us also have been saying that Cribbs needs an ACTUAL position instead of floating around as a part-time QB, part-time RB, and part-time WR.

I believe Mangini was the DB coach in New England when Troy Brown was made into a pretty good defensive back. Could he, and will he, use Cribbs as a DB?

(I got me a Cribbs authentic and I want security about his future...((Not the cheap kind of authentic either...the real deal))...)

Good thought....and who knows??

I know I would switch him to D.

For a few years now I have said I would switch him to safety and watch him turn in to a pro-bowl preformer in that role.

I still feel the same.

I thought about this about mid-point this year. His hard hitting on kick coverage is what sparked it. I have to admit, I have re-thought this. He's fast running forward, but what about the back peddle? Wouldn't mind seeing them try it out, but I'm just not sure.

I personally like him in the backfield. His vision suits him well as a RB. I think he would need to add a little bulk to take the punishment of a RB in this league.

All things aside, Cribbs is the best football player on this team, bar none.

I thought about this about mid-point this year. His hard hitting on kick coverage is what sparked it. I have to admit, I have re-thought this. He's fast running forward, but what about the back peddle? Wouldn't mind seeing them try it out, but I'm just not sure.

I personally like him in the backfield. His vision suits him well as a RB. I think he would need to add a little bulk to take the punishment of a RB in this league.

All things aside, Cribbs is the best football player on this team, bar none.

That is why I think safety would be the spot. You don't need the loose hips as you do to be a corner.

I have never thought him a corner....but as a safety I think he could excel.

I don't have a hard time picturing him being a 3rd or 4th corner. He'd get used enough but not too much, and I think he could do it. For those who say he's too stiff and not short distance quick enough, I would say I thought those things about him returning kicks.

You pay 60$ for one because its from korea, and you pay 250$ for another because its made in china.

Thats the diff.

$60 for one from Korea, shoot that is too high, bout 40 or less sometimes too. Got me a Quinn one for $10, went with someone who bought alot from a little shop in Osan, and they gave me his discount for being repeat customer.

Mangini had a very nice package in the offense of the Jets for Brad Smith. A Youngstown kid that was QB for Misouri. He is very simular to Cribbs in build and was a running QB in college. The Jets made him a RB and he did their version of the flash package.

I would think if he wants him to contribute more on offense he may take him off coverage teams. He would still return kicks and punts but just not be involved on the coverage teams. That would free him up more to be a 3rd down back or slot receiver.

Cribbs is a is a star right where he is.. We need some other guys to go with him. Cribbs is the kick returner.. part time reciever and slash QB... That's what he is..

I'd like to see if he could be a better RB then WR. Would love to see him taking a swing pass out of the backfield or running draw plays.

I know some of us around here have been saying that Cribbs is best suited to be a defensive back. Some of us also have been saying that Cribbs needs an ACTUAL position instead of floating around as a part-time QB, part-time RB, and part-time WR.

I believe Mangini was the DB coach in New England when Troy Brown was made into a pretty good defensive back. Could he, and will he, use Cribbs as a DB?

(I got me a Cribbs authentic and I want security about his future...((Not the cheap kind of authentic either...the real deal))...)

Put down the drink, drop the doobie, and stop thinking so much.

Cribbs is a football player who rocks Special Teams. Calm down about him playing anything else.

Geez you guys need to settle the fook down with Cribbs.

Guest Ghoolie

Only a complete jackoff would take a guy who can catch the ball, run the ball and throw the ball and stick his ass into a position chosen for LESS TALENTED guys who DON'T HAVE hands.

Good fricken grief!

SKILLED players are the hardest to find.

Cribbs is skilled.

Offensive Linemen are fatasses with very little athletic skill.

Cribbs needs to be given the football. WHo says he needs a position? Why? Will he be faster or have shiftier moves as a defender?

Mix it up, but get the ball in his hands.

We'll see what happens, but all I can state is MY preference, & I am certainly no expert, but here is my opinion....

1) I feel Cribb's talent is wasted on the few touches he gets as a special teamer

2) I am a big believer in a 2 back offense...a BIG power back & a guy like Cribbs...he has speed, surprising power, is elusive, can catch, AND throw the ball. Add to all that his intensity & passion for the game. Talk about a player who can really diversify an offense!!

Just another fan's opinion, for what it's worth.

Mike

Archived