THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns lose out on two GM candidates

gcarl

Sucks that Heckert cancelled his interview..... seemed like he was as good a candidate (probably better) than Kokinis. Heckert's strong quality was his college player scouting, and helped draft players like Brian Westbrook.

What I find is more intriguing:

Now that it’s apparent Scott Pioli will not be going to Cleveland, details are starting to trickle in as to why.

Contrary to multiple reports, Pioli never asked for anything from the Browns, according to people familiar with the process. He never demanded millions of dollars per year, as had been speculated. He never demanded certain powers, as had been previously reported.

Pioli never asked the Browns for anything, not a single thing, which flies in the face of multiple reports that he had.

It has been confirmed from two sources that Pioli didn’t make any demands, which raises a whole new set of questions that Browns owner Randy Lerner is expected to address soon, if not at the Thursday press conference in which he introduces new coach Eric Mangini.

Lerner made the decision that he wanted Mangini to be the man to lead his organization into the future. Soon enough he will explain why.

Perhaps Lerner's version of "extreme demands" is he wanted Mangini and Pioli said "no way", therefore this was seen as inflexible, a strong difference of opinion, and therefore an extreme stance to take when interviewing for a job (which will come with 7 figures).

Just a guess.

Its on lerners head but i like mangini and if he pulls rob ryan out of the hat im sold completely..i have little doubt mangini and kokinhismouth will work better as a team then pioli/parrotz..i like hardasses with a fairness policy this team will rock...

And if it doesnt work out its on lerner what the united fans of the cleveland browns may do next..but im convinced randy aint no al lerner and i think he knows what he wants and i like the way he has handled the whole matter...

Archived