THE BROWNS BOARD

We are going to need a Veteran Backup Qb!

Solon16

Guest Masters
this is funny considering Mangini and the jets got rid of Pennington who Brady is very similar to in order to get a gunslinger who tends to turnover the ball like DA. I think this is going to be a long offseason of conjecture on the qb position and free agency.

The only thing similar between Quinn and Pennington is that they are both bright.

Guest Masters
Leftwich is a ufa....just a thought!

I'd take him as a back up. Especially since he'd also be a guy whose brain could be picked about PITs schemes on O.

Guest Masters
Vick is the best choice out there by far

If you want a guy who can't pass the ball to save his life.

Saying Vick is the best choice out there is like saying Prior is the best QB in college.

Please not Grossman. I deal with enough from Bears fans here in Chicago. If we picked up their garbage, I'd never hear the end of it.

Leftwich or Batch... I've been saying this since Batch went down and Leftwich was brought to Pittsburgh. Two solid back-ups with starting experience.

Intrigued by the thought of Ferrotte. Brought the Vikings back from the brink. Lots of experience.

DA is still a viable option, as well. Let's face it. Fans in Cleveland will not be chanting his name if Brady starts to struggle. The only thing i don't like about keeping him around is the divided locker room. some guys like DA better the Brady. Could cause some problems.

Guest Masters
Vick can throw the ball, but your right he can't pass for shit.

However as a raw athlete, there are few like him. It could be a fresh start for him, new city, new team, and a new position.

I'm all about redemption, and while what he did was despicable, if he really did learn his lesson (and prison tends to help you with that) and has turned over a new leaf then I say give him a shot. All this talk about PR nightmare is ridiculous, it's not like the Browns are running for public office and we need votes or some bullshit. Browns fans are gonna support the Browns no matter what, and lets be frank, we get ridiculed by everybody outside of Cleveland anyway, who gives a shit what they think?

Besides if he comes back and is a key piece to our offense and we start winning nobody is g oing to care about his past. Winning cures everything.

You hit it. Vick can throw, but he can't pass.

He needs to be a RB or a WR.

I'll still pass on the dude.

Leftwich

Batch

Ferrotte

All would be good possibilities. These are the types of QBs that could come in and actually score a TD. You don't need a bank breaker but you need someone good enough to be able to run the offense. Then you take a mid round draft pick and develop him. Someone like a Cassell.

Brown's signed Gradkowski to a two year contract so they could at least bring him to camp as a practice QB. Also, to see if he could win the #3 job. If he got into playing shape and knew the offense, he may just a guy that could hold down a #3 job.

You got to have 4 QBs in camp just to get all the work done that you need to get done and also so you don't burn out the arm of your starter.

Leftwich is a better QB than all of the QB's on your roster combined. Keep dreaming.

Regards

.... an'at

Myron

before ya enz ship Leftwich to we enz , ya enz may be needen a QB of ya enz own considering the amount of concussions Ben's had

an'at,his gay parade may be about over specially after the Titans knock the taste outta his mouf next week an'at

Leftwich is a better QB than all of the QB's on your roster combined. Keep dreaming.

Regards

.... an'at

Myron

before ya enz ship Leftwich to we enz , ya enz may be needen a QB of ya enz own considering the amount of concussions Ben's had

an'at,his gay parade may be about over specially after the Titans knock the taste outta his mouf next week an'at

This has to be the worst retort I've ever read.

You couldn't even get the quote box right.

Regards

.... an'at

Myron

This has to be the worst retort I've ever read.

You couldn't even get the quote box right.

Regards

.... an'at

What no more Pa slang Chuckster?

Don't you mean yinz couldn't even get the quote box right?Are you even from Pennsylvania? that's it isn't it ?you live in Ohio but root for the Stealers.

Next thing we know your organ grinders gonna stop and you'll quit the monkey dance.

Didn't hit nerve talk'n about pudd'n brains career being over did we

... phony

Trent Dilfer is available.

Don't worry - we can always take Tressel's Boeckman in the land of the undrafted if we ant to add dumb and numb. Ghoolie wanted Tressell to coach the Browns BEFORE he treated us to his "head-between-the-legs" gem of a post confessing Tressell just doesn't have it outside of the Youngstown State level of opponents. But shhhh! He'd have to own another prediction like Mo Clarett will make the first player in NFL History to get voted into the NFL Hall of Fame by the time his first NFL contract is up. I think Mo's wearing his roomate OJ's Hall of Fame jacket in prison as we speak. Isn't the reality that he wasn't even as good as William Green enough humility? But wait, there's still enough time for Mo to tryout when he gets out of prison. I hear there's alot of NFL teams needing a 300 pound RB with breakway speed, if of course he can outrun the cops this time around.

His most classic work was that Art Modell was the most underappreciated hero Cleveland ever had while the Lerner family is scum. I think the main difference between Randy Lerner and David Modell is that daddy's profits aren't flying up his son's nostrils. Modell being the same type of charachter Ghoolie aspires to be is the REASON Paul Brown took a high hard one over to Cincy and appearing in twice as many SBs as Modell lifetime. As soon as Paul Brown's signed players in Cleveland were gone, there's never been a SB Championship or a Title won in Cleveland with body-by-Modell. 1964 had every player on the squad picked by Paul Brown.

Steeler fans - you're gonna love Benedict Ghoolie. He's a REAL loyal fan. Modell was his hero so Baltimore was his temporary team when he was emphasizing how right it was for Art and BB to part ways. This is his 3rd different team in a decade but I'm guessing his Steeler jacket looks most appropriate of the 3 he's worn. Oh wait, I think he went with NE until SB Sunday last tear so make that #4. Trust me, he's got your back - just make sure his other hand is empty.

- Tom F. (He LOVED Dilfer when Modell signed him)

Archived