THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson to be on the trading block "very soon."

Guest mz.

FYI I think you are showing the wrong parts guaranteed.

Here's what I have heard is guaranteed:

Roster bonus of 7 mil.

2008 salary of 1 mil.

~1 mil of the 2009 salary.

~5 mil of the 2010 salary.

That makes absolutely NO SENSE...and no GM would EVER back end GUARANTEED MONEY. It is exactly what a GM would NOT DO.

So, instead of just saying you heard it...how about posting where it came from. Mine is from Rotoworld.com and they have the contract details of EVERY NFL PLAYER.

FYI I think you are showing the wrong parts guaranteed.

Here's what I have heard is guaranteed:

Roster bonus of 7 mil.

2008 salary of 1 mil.

~1 mil of the 2009 salary.

~5 mil of the 2010 salary.

I'm sure the Roster Bonus is guaranteed. If he's still on the roster. Hence 'Roster Bonus'.

Mine is from Rotoworld.com and they have the contract details of EVERY NFL PLAYER.

rotoworld doesn't say what parts are guaranteed.

My info is from an "inside source" as Tony Grossi would say, but it's more reputable than your assumptions.

And lemosely, guaranteed doesn't mean it's only paid if you're on the team. Hell if he's on the roster then he won't just get the roster bonuses, he'll get all 24 million in the contract.

Guaranteed means it's paid if you're on the team or not. And 14.5 of that 24 mil is guaranteed.

Feel free to consult your Funk & Wagnals dictionary if you need any further clarification on the definition of the word "guaranteed"

Everyone and his mother in the media has reported that Anderson's looming 5 mill bonus will force the Browns to move him or cut him before then. We've cut and pasted it from a dozen sources local and national. The one and only person on earth who is covering his ears and eyes to that is Lum.

It's a ROSTER BONUS. That means he gets it if he's on the roster.

hey shep go check the watercooler at OBR. The top thread. Let me know what it says.

OK, OK.

Pay him whatever.

Just trade him and get something besides a turnover machine.

Not so fast Ocon...

What kind of turnovers does it make?

Cherry?

Rumors out of Minnesota are getting interesting. Turns out Frerrotte is trying to talk his way out of town and Childress isn't exactly giving T Jackson support.

Here is a quote from PFT:

Latest News and Rumors

CHILDRESS HINTS AT QUARTERBACK CHANGE

Posted by Mike Florio on January 9, 2009, 11:18 a.m.

So with Gus Frerotte trying to talking his way out of Minnesota and Tarvaris Jackson trying to play his way out of the starting job (again), Vikings coach Brad Childress has made it clear that change could be coming in 2009.

“It’s really kind of a whole offseason type of study,” Childress said Thursday. “I’m not going to pass judgment right at this particular point. I think with everybody here in the organization, just like we always have, is to turn over all the rocks and see what you have there. I would also say that there’s a point with Tarvaris of continuing to evolve as a quarterback, and while you’d like that process to happen immediately, it doesn’t always. But there’s not anything we’re going to leave unturned in terms of free agency [and the] draft.

“You see who’s out there, and by the same token Tarvaris is going to be here and we’re going to continue to get him better.”

Sounds to me that they will be looking long and hard at players like DA....and not necessarily at rookies.

From the first list... Nugent.

I saw that as well and his leg is Dynomite...Dawsons contract is at its end and hes a free agent this year...

let me get this straight, BQ after one game where every qb who played denver had a 100+ rating and only threw one ball over 10 yards in a losing effort was enough to let go of a at least 500 qb? his other two games were garbage and he even threw a game with a lower overall qb rating than anderson....

So in a season where we saw a third string qb play for a few games we get rid of a backup because of a contract that we can clearly afford when BQ is being paid low back up money.....

That makes perfect sense. Ocon those three games were enough to bet a hundred million dollar franchise on..... Shep and company have lost thier minds and has a sample of three games against poor defenses to make that sort of conjecture. The money issue is not one considering BQ does not make starters money.

I could see trading him for other reasons than the contract, but a new head coach coming in is going to bet his first two years on a player who played 3 games against poor defenses with Dorsey backing him up or some other trade when the other guy with a piss poor defense led us to a 10 win season...... yea.

This is like when the same crowd said DA was going to be traded last offseason because of BQ and other factors... How did that theory work out?

let me get this straight, BQ after one game where every qb who played denver had a 100+ rating and only threw one ball over 10 yards in a losing effort was enough to let go of a at least 500 qb? his other two games were garbage and he even threw a game with a lower overall qb rating than anderson....

So in a season where we saw a third string qb play for a few games we get rid of a backup because of a contract that we can clearly afford when BQ is being paid low back up money.....

That makes perfect sense. Ocon those three games were enough to bet a hundred million dollar franchise on..... Shep and company have lost thier minds and has a sample of three games against poor defenses to make that sort of conjecture. The money issue is not one considering BQ does not make starters money.

I could see trading him for other reasons than the contract, but a new head coach coming in is going to bet his first two years on a player who played 3 games against poor defenses with Dorsey backing him up or some other trade when the other guy with a piss poor defense led us to a 10 win season...... yea.

This is like when the same crowd said DA was going to be traded last offseason because of BQ and other factors... How did that theory work out?

How many games did Da lose because of his bad play? And how many games did BQ lose because of his bad plays? Not nearly as much as DA. I don't care who the QB is as long as it's not DA. Worst QB ever. To dumb to play QB. All he has is a vertical passing game. Big deal in playoffs how many vertical passing teams win? Not very many.

So keep DA based on his 2007 season against one of the weakest schedules? Completely ignore what DA showed in 9 starts in 2008? You know, a 3-6 record with a defense that was not as bad as the prior year, worst overall QBR of ALL starting QBs. Yep, great logic on your part.

When the Browns lose and DA is QB, it is DA's fault.

When the Browns lose and BQ is QB, it is the everybody else's fault.

This is the paradox.

This is the definition of BQ-Fags.

And you are a DA Fagg...no leave ...FAGGOT!!!

If Quinn comes in 32nd out of 32 next season like Anderson did this season, we'll have something to discuss. Until then, we just don't.

just hope he doesn't throw less than 10 TD passes for a whole season like he was on pace for.

Wouldn't want to have another Charlie Frye episode at QB, especially when DA showed us all how easy "Any Decent QB" could toss 29.

It's not about TD passes. My goodness, Thread Assasin, you have returned in force. :ph34r:

It's about completion percentage, QB rating and most of all WINS.

DA did not win enough. It's really all that matters, don't you know?

Good golly, you are as dogged as you are dense, aren't you?

I dont hold DA blameless but their are always other factors like recievers dropping balls and no number two or three recievers, a running game that was non existant along with O line injuries and some pretty predictable offensive playcalling all tend to have an effect on a qb....

In a small 3 game sample BQ threw ONE pass over ten yards against denver who let EVERY qb rate over 100 against them in a losing effort, and two other horrible games against subpar defensive opponents. That does not mean he is going to be a good or bad qb it just is not enough information to take a franchise who monetarily does not have a lot wrapped into BQ because of his contract into next year with just him and dorsey. Not when DA who is at least a decent backup and possible starter material is also here and can be kept here. Thats a pretty big gamble for a new head coach.

Like I said Shep and company were wrong last year and clearly biased because of draft hype and still are, they did not trade him last year and looking logically at the contracts with BQ and DA along with a new head coach I have a hard time seeing him not giving himself another qb option that we already have and can afford. Brady had last years preseason games and 3 regular season games and did not exactly light anything up. I think we need more time to see him play against starters and better caliber defenses to make any sort of realistic projection.

after his first game against a terrible denver d the other teams adjusted and his comp ratings plummeted along with his performance because teams played tight. I would like to see if he can adjust to hit the accurate midrange passes to make teams play defenses honestly. If he cant than he is not NFL starting material, there just is not enough data to dump DA no matter how much fans are in love with Quinn.

Fans hated Belichick.. 3 super bowls later and also modell who also won a superbowl, the 2000's have 4 superbowl champions from 2 people fans hated in cleveland... listening to fans preferences is like listening to the roman mob.

I love the Nug, but with Dawson already here.....

Dawson is a ufa and I like Nugents leg better

I dont hold DA blameless but their are always other factors like recievers dropping balls and no number two or three recievers, a running game that was non existant along with O line injuries and some pretty predictable offensive playcalling all tend to have an effect on a qb....

In a small 3 game sample BQ threw ONE pass over ten yards against denver who let EVERY qb rate over 100 against them in a losing effort, and two other horrible games against subpar defensive opponents. That does not mean he is going to be a good or bad qb it just is not enough information to take a franchise who monetarily does not have a lot wrapped into BQ because of his contract into next year with just him and dorsey. Not when DA who is at least a decent backup and possible starter material is also here and can be kept here. Thats a pretty big gamble for a new head coach.

Like I said Shep and company were wrong last year and clearly biased because of draft hype and still are, they did not trade him last year and looking logically at the contracts with BQ and DA along with a new head coach I have a hard time seeing him not giving himself another qb option that we already have and can afford. Brady had last years preseason games and 3 regular season games and did not exactly light anything up. I think we need more time to see him play against starters and better caliber defenses to make any sort of realistic projection.

after his first game against a terrible denver d the other teams adjusted and his comp ratings plummeted along with his performance because teams played tight. I would like to see if he can adjust to hit the accurate midrange passes to make teams play defenses honestly. If he cant than he is not NFL starting material, there just is not enough data to dump DA no matter how much fans are in love with Quinn.

Fans hated Belichick.. 3 super bowls later and also modell who also won a superbowl, the 2000's have 4 superbowl champions from 2 people fans hated in cleveland... listening to fans preferences is like listening to the roman mob.

Umm if you diddnt know, Brady broke his finger against the Bills (by the way, we won that game) and he continued to play the rest of that game with a broken finger. Then against the houstons (again, I was there at the stadium) Quinn was playing with a broken finger & a torn tendon in that finger on his throwing hand, an Injury that sidelined Tony Romo for four weeks this year. Quinn is a games and wanted to play despite him being injured. We did not see the real BQ in Houston, we saw the injured BQ, who still threw a 40 yd. pass to Braylon that cold day.

Im about to make a thread regarding Quinns arm strength because this is pissing me off

Every QB...who already had a number of games under their belt. Not a guy who is getting his first start on 3 DAYS of practice. There's a big difference. Are you paying attention to what I just wrote, or will you conveniently ignore it?

Another QB option that has already proven he isn't very good? What does this other option get you? The 'new coach' doesn't like big-armed, inaccurate, inconsistent guys. Mangini was the worst possible hire for DA.

For some reason you think 28 games isn't enough to judge Anderson on, yet 1 healthy game and 2 injured games are enough to judge Quinn on?

And, as usual, you fall back on 'clearly biased', because you don't have any real argument to stand on. We have a body of work on Anderson that is JUST LIKE his entire career. You're like the abused wife hoping the husband will 'change' if you give him one more chance.

Quinn already showed he can make accurate midrange passes when healthy, not to mention he was injured in the first series against BUF (thank DA's buddy Hank for that). You seem to think if he can't make accurate midrange passes, he isn't starting material, yet DA, who can't make accurate midrang OR short passes is?

Big. xxxxing. Deal. What does Belichick winning Superbowls prove? I get it. Because we hated Belichick and he won Superbowls, Anderson is destined for great things, if we JUST wait another 12 or 15 years. And you're supposed to be 'logical'?

Do you want the list of all the guys we 'hated' who went on to suck after leaving CLE and aren't in the NFL? It's a lot longer than yours of ones who had success.

The fact you even reference Modell, like we 'ran' him off, shows how much of a 'fan' you are. When Anderson is gone, you will be too. It's convenient you showed up around the same time as all the other Beavers pimping Anderson.

So Anderson is likely staying on the roster. You know what? This is actually a very good thing in terms of trade value. Sure, the guy's performance has certainly lowered that, but if teams knew Anderson was just going to be cut in March, they would simply wait and sign him off the couch. The fact that he'll likely stay on the roster actually gives Anderson some value, as teams who were once (or still are) interested in Anderson now must enter trade talks.

Name the last big-armed QB with a pea-brain that was good in the NFL on a consistent basis.

Vinnie was close..........................................then again, Andeson isn't a Vinnie either.

Archived