THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson's contract solved

Lumbergh

I've seen it happen in the past, fag.

"Past" being the operative term here, of course.

"Past," referring to "before teams got a look at him on film."

"Past," referring to "once teams figured he was a one-trick pony, he was worthless."

That's the sort of "past" you're referring to, eh?

So basically we're going to have the most expensive backup in the league. Thanks Phil Savage you huge douchebag

NE is supposed to franchise Cassel. That would be almost $30 million between him and Tom Brady. I'm not sure what Kurt Warner is making, but I'd imagine that's a pretty big total between him and Matt Leinart.

So maybe 3rd most expensive?

If the Browns traded Anderson between the end of the season and the 14th day of the league year, they would have to eat $4.6 million against the salary cap next year. But if they don't trade Anderson, they would be on the hook for a $9 million salary-cap charge. -- Columbus Dispatch

Chud has interviewed with the niners for the OC job. He has a man crush on Anderson like Lum, maybe he will convince them to trade for him.

what really,i mean really sucks the most is we could of had a first and a third from dallas ,[baltimore,miami] or however its was going to go down for a career backup that were stuck with at present ,and a 5 mill. dollar bonus ,for a guy we probably can't trade because nobody really wanted him at the end of 2007 let alone after the disasterous season he had this year ,this is one last twist of the knife we get from savage...we will probably have to cut him and eat the loss ,,no way the qb bull**** keeps going on ,the team can't advance and the f.o. knows it + bq is randy's boy...

Ive never seen anything like it. Lum is here for one reason only, and thats DA. I find that really odd almost as stalkerish to the point maybe someone should file a police report about Lum. I'm a browns fan and always have been...really don't think Lum is any sort of a browns fan but simply following his lost love or something. I never seem to see him post on anything anywhere in these forums unless its defending DA. IF DA gets us winning Lum, I'll back him. I've seen enough of him since last season though to realize he isn't getting any better and killing this team. All across the country media is saying he'll end up somewhere as a BACKUP. Thats where he was with Frye here and now he's going back to that roll so deal with it.

That's a good point and I often wonder if anybody ever explained that to the 70,000+ who filled the stadium every Sunday intent on booing every play that DA was in the game and getting chants of BRAY-DEE started.

Apparently you haven't had the chance to speak with any of those folks yet.

My question was for you, not them.....can you answer it or just keep avoiding it. Secondly, its one thing cheering for someone if you like them, especially if someone has had many really bad games, its another to hope bad on the organization just so your guy wins...

EDIT

here is what you dont realize, most "true" Browns fan would cheer for DA, BQ or The giant milk dud if they were winning, it doesnt really matter to the most of us who is playing if we are winning. Its not being BQ fags as you put it, its called, we want to win, and the chances were better with BQ becasue we obviously had seen what DA put up...if BQ ends up sucking, then we will move him as well, and cheer for the next. Im a Browns fan, I cheer for the Browns, not one individual player. I liked LeBron too, I think he is a great player and generally a great guy, I cheer for the Cavs, if and when LeBron goes to NY, I will not start cheering for NY, I will still cheer for the Cavs, I will still like LeBron and hope he does great somewhere else but my first priority is my team, and thats just it, the Browns are MY TEAM, not the players on it

Anderson is guaranteed 14.5 mil.

Gauranteed in this regard is money NOT part of the base or performance bonuses.

8 mil has already been paid.

Yes, that is correct, but that's signing bonus, so it's spread across 3 seasons of the contract.

The rest of the guarantee.....is a 5 mil roster bonus due in March, and a 1.5 mil salary for 2009.

But a roster bonus is only given IF the player is still part of the roster on the designated date.

If the Browns were to cut Anderson they would have to pay him the 6.5 mil and they would also take a 6.5 mil cap hit in 2009.

It's because that 6.5 is part of the 8 that was spread apart 3 seasons.

None of 2010 is guaranteed, neither the roster bonus nor the salary.

In related news....shep's "left nut" just got nervous.

Bull, learn to read an NFL contract.

You're the only nut that nervous, don't worry though, DA is still going to give you that pearl necklace you always wanted.

My question was for you, not them.....can you answer it or just keep avoiding it. Secondly, its one thing cheering for someone if you like them, especially if someone has had many really bad games, its another to hope bad on the organization just so your guy wins...

If you wore your Browns gear to the bar every Sunday as the only Brown and Orange fan in town to watch the Browns hang 27 points on the Ravens while the crowd is booing the QBs ass off and screaming that he's the root of all the team's problems you'd understand where I'm coming from.

Quinn is the starter and Anderson will be cut!

Lerner has had enough of the Savage Crap and as soon as he gets his GM in place he will start taking out all of the Sewage Garbage and that will be guys like Anderson that will dropped off at the curb to be picked-up to go to the landfill.

If you wore your Browns gear to the bar every Sunday as the only Brown and Orange fan in town to watch the Browns hang 27 points on the Ravens while the crowd is booing the QBs ass off and screaming that he's the root of all the team's problems you'd understand where I'm coming from.

Honestly I wouldnt, if you were a Browns fan, you would want the organization to win, not the player, and it wouldnt bother you if you loved that player regardless of his play.

and BTW, I know how it is to be the only person in town supporting the Browns. I still dont understand your logic, why do you care if people are booing DA....shouldnt you be more concerned with the Browns winning regardless of QB

Guest Masters

Ugh, we have been over this far to many times. I am too lazy at the moment when I did all the research to dig up DA's contract as well as explain how the cap works, including roster bonuses.

To put it simply, the only money guaranteed is the signing bonus. The reason CLE would take a cap hit, and the hit they would take, is against the signing bonus they pad DA. That is because signing bonuses are spread out over the length of the contract, for cap purposes. If a player is cut before June 1 and the end of the contract, the remaining pro-rated signing bonus hits the teams cap the next season. DA got 7M as a signing bonus, which was to be spread over 3 years in the cap. By cutting him before March 1, CLE owes DA no money, but would take a cap hit of 4.66M (the remaining pro-rated signing bonus).

Guest Masters

So what you're saying is people who aren't even Browns fans are booing DA's performance. What does that tell you when non-fans of the Browns are booing him?

how on earth could one think with a h.c. coaching change ,,the crowd chanting brady-brady,, and booing when anderson comes on the field,, and cheering when he gets injured ,,could think the front office,, or new coach,, would bring him back on the field and try to shove him down a already weak fan bases throat,,that would be totally assanine by any owner of any sports team period..lets face it the browns fans far exceeding this board want quinn period...

Guest Masters
how on earth could one think with a h.c. coaching change ,,the crowd chanting brady-brady,, and booing when anderson comes on the field,, and cheering when he gets injured ,,could think the front office,, or new coach,, would bring him back on the field and try to shove him down a already weak fan bases throat,,that would be totally assanine by any owner of any sports team period..lets face it the browns fans far exceeding this board want quinn period...

No kidding. Not to mention Steelers fans who will tell you they'd rather see DA because they know Quinn is better, and will say it. I have run into so many non-Browns fans who ask "why the hell is DA starting"

Archived