THE BROWNS BOARD

Sophie's Choice Redux.

Guest mz.

Pluto seems to think so.

In addition to considering what is next for Winslow, he soon should meet with Braylon Edwards. It's simple for fans to say, "dump the guy," because Edwards led the league in dropped passes and whined about the fans not liking him because he's from Michigan. At some point, it may come to that. But the Browns are so thin at receiver, and when focused, Edwards is a big-play threat. Can Mangini convince Edwards to play as part of the team, or will he continue to come off as self-absorbed?

It is easier to find a tight end to replace Winslow than it is to come up with a game-breaking receiver. No one has said it, but the Browns may be forced to pick between Edwards and Winslow. Mangini wants to change the culture, installing more discipline. He has several immature players on the roster, that's why it's so important he and the new general manager set a policy for how they will handle problems -- and stick with it.

via here.

Edwards by a milestone. Braylon has showed us both his positive side and negative. he is young. if we can just calm his mental infirmities then we will have 17 of 2007 back !

Kellen is good but with all the surgeries he is only going down ... he has not done anything to warrant a big contract.

winslow's decline in ability has rendered him average where he was once spectacular, and he's only half of his actual position because he doesn't block, a flaw we previously overlooked because his production as a receiver was spectacular. he's also begun to have offensive pass interference called on him regularly and has let his competitive fire get the better of him on the field. his stupid penalties pile up, and, while the fire he has is great for a leader and helps motivate the team, it's offset by his stupidity.

edwards thinks he's a star and wants to do commercials, go to parties and hang out with lebron. he somehow forgot to catch for a season, and it remains to be seen whether it's a mental issue or whether someone broke both of his hands the past offseason and didn't tell anyone. he's not particularly a leader and thinks people don't link him because he went to michigan, which means he's likely a soft little girl who doesn't understand that the only thing that matters is what he's done for us lately.

we have someone who likely can replace winslow, given the chance to play. we have no one to step in for edwards.

if we move someone, i say K2. he's more replaceable and will likely fetch more in a trade. plus, it's possible that edwards can be fixed. K2's damage can't be undone.

I say keep both..... Why do we have to get rid of either.....!!!!!???????

But the question is wich one would i keep?

Winslow by far. At least K2 wants to be in cleveland!!!!

Ask the Cowboys how TO is working out with his complaining! We know that its never the disgruntle reciever but always the fan's fault right !

Saying that... I like both PLAYERS!! But if i had to choose... I pick the one Cleveland Brown...K2

Ask the Cowboys how TO is working out with his complaining! We know that its never the disgruntle reciever but always the fan's fault right !

Saying that... I like both PLAYERS!! But if i had to choose... I pick the one Cleveland Brown...K2

I'd say drop Winslow, if we had to choose. BE is not even close to the problem TO is and that is an unfair comparison by far.

Just because a guy claims he wants to be here, doesn't make him a play maker. It's alla bout performance and Winslow has been foolish on and off the field which on several occasions has been detrimental to the team's performance.

BE did'nt say he did'nt want to be here, he just lead toward getting heat because of fan frustration, but he also recognized the fact that he hasn't performed. Given that fact, he'll likely be working hard off season, in order to do better with the Browns or prove his worth elsewhere. Either way he needs to be a star because of what he did last year. I believe he'll rise to the occasion, he has the ability.

Winslow acts like he's able to be a problem child and get away with it. As stated in this thread, he is more easily replaced.

I'd like to see both stay as well, but even if that happens, I believe Winslow has more maturing to do than BE.

I say keep both..... Why do we have to get rid of either.....!!!!!???????

But the question is wich one would i keep?

BOTH are under contract!

Comparing edwards to anything much faster than a tightend is wrong i dunno if you guys are blind or what but he does not possess breakaway speed or have the kind of hands a true slot 1 reciever has got to have i say keep him if his emo arse can be salvaged but he will end up where he belongs at slot 2..

As soon as we get a slot 1 quality reciever...???

Guest c-dawg

Winslow's leg has got to be getting near to bone-on-bone in that knee. No. I'm not a doctor and haven't examined him.

Maybe he can become a cyborg in the future. He also doesn't block reliably and we have three tight ends. I just have to say that Kellen senior is one of my all-time favs and it sickens me to talk about his son like this.

BE can get open and has two good wheels, plus no other receiver on our team has anything for stats.

We seem to be set up to deal Winslow for what we can get and give BE another shot, if they both weren't already under contract.

Mangini should sit down with Edwards (and every player for that matter) and tell them what is expected of him. If he still puts on the same act as before, then trade him. The HC is the boss, plain and simple.

Can't sit down with Edwards, he is spending the offseason in Europe.

Archived