THE BROWNS BOARD

Kokinis or Bust.

Guest mz.

Scratch Rich McKay from the list of Browns general manager candidates. The Browns had permission to interview the Atlanta Falcons president, but the interview won't take place, at McKay's choosing.

Another potential candidate, Philadelphia General Manager Tom Heckert, backed out on Thursday.

via here.

via here.

I don't know...but this sounds interesting (from the PD)

sources say that Kokinis may be leaning toward staying in Baltimore, and that is why the Browns' GM search has been widened. Former Denver GM Ted Sundquist and Chris Polian, Colts vice president of football operations, may be potential candidates.

Looks like Mangini may just be the pariah some were saying he might be due to spygate...if so, the GM slot may be difficult to fill.

I don't know...but this sounds interesting (from the PD)

Looks like Mangini may just be the pariah some were saying he might be due to spygate...if so, the GM slot may be difficult to fill.

The colts have had a pretty good team the last 10 years.... I guess Polian is the next target.

Instead of getting Bill Belichick and Bill Polian, we seem to be getting a guy Belichick breathed upon and a guy who had Polian contribute half of his DNA towards.

Could be worse, I guess. We could have Rich Kotite's cousin coaching and Matt Millen's half-brother as GM...

?? He and Kokinis are friends? I doubt if Kokinis stays in Balt it's because of Mangini being a "pariah".

I believe Kokinis is a done deal and has been a done deal for a while. Balt is still in the playoffs and he can't be interviewed.

I don't blame Lerner for having a plan B. Ozzie just may make Kokinis an offer he caqn't refuse. If Ozzie moves up VP of football operations and tells Kokinis he will make him GM, then there cold be some problem.

It doesn't hurt to talk to a few other guys. I believe Heckert dropped out because he believes Kokinis is a done deal and doesn't want to waste his time.

I believe Kokinis is a done deal and has been a done deal for a while.

That's the assumption - otherwise why else would Lerner sign a coach for whom there was absolutely no competition before deciding on a GM? That would be idiotic, no? Like buying a set of tires before a car and then hoping they fit whatever year make and model you find?

Tony Grossi says its 50/50 for Kokinis now, no?

Lerner may have erred in this approach. He's not exactly going to be in a position of power when he begins negotiations with Kokinis on a contract, is he. Shrewed owner you guys have got there.

via here.

I'll be happy to scratch off Rich McKay.

He wasn't the REASON Atlanta just did what they did. Thomas Dimitroff was hired as the rookie GM in Atlanta after Ernie Accorsi advised owner Blanc he was the best candidate to problem solve their situation with.

Dimitroff's first 4 brilliant moves were to hire Mike Smith, sign Michael Turner, draft Matt Ryan and release team cancer DeAngelo Hall. McKay kept a prestigious title and salary for 1 more year in Atlanta but I think there's a reason he's looking for work elsewhere. I'm sure alot of that wasn't his fault but hiring a guy like Petrino wasn't a BIG help for the organization either.

Ernie Accorsi seems to be every bit as positive about Kokkinos as he was about Dimitroff.

- Tom F. (I can't help it if I'm back to being a HOMER so bear with me if I take a turbo sized Dave Kingman swing that misses every now and then. Let's hope in this case it's not now because I've already reached my quota on then)

Archived