THE BROWNS BOARD

ERNEST BYNER

Tankdog

I am from Urbana and dont usually get on here and talk i just usually look around and see what going on. My brother who is an agent involved with a deal has told me something very interesting!!!! Everyone remember the beloved Ernest what a guy Byner, rumor has it, Our beloved browns have contacted him about an OC job??? I known Ernest is the running back coach for TN as of right now and he even holds a summer football camp in Franklin, KY for Franklin Simpson High School. Look it up I know what Im talking about!!!! Anyways I told my brother I would get on here to see how you guys would react if this might happen and if you would support it or not!!!!

I am from Urbana and dont usually get on here and talk i just usually look around and see what going on. My brother who is an agent involved with a deal has told me something very interesting!!!! Everyone remember the beloved Ernest what a guy Byner, rumor has it, Our beloved browns have contacted him about an OC job??? I known Ernest is the running back coach for TN as of right now and he even holds a summer football camp in Franklin, KY for Franklin Simpson High School. Look it up I know what Im talking about!!!! Anyways I told my brother I would get on here to see how you guys would react if this might happen and if you would support it or not!!!!

I wouldn't be opposed to it. But you gotta remember, back in the late 80's Byner was run out of town because of "THE FUMBLE". Death threats I heard. You sure he wants to come back here?

I'd like to get him back from Washington as a RB coach (if he's still coaching there). Maybe he can figure out that #35 needs to be our feature back, is big enough for the AFC North, and can smoke about 95% league in a footrace.

I love EB. Please bring him back.

As I said in the orginal post he is now the RB coach for the TN titans and we all have seen what kind of job he has done there with there rookie all star!!!!

I'd like to get him back from Washington as a RB coach (if he's still coaching there). Maybe he can figure out that #35 needs to be our feature back, is big enough for the AFC North, and can smoke about 95% league in a footrace.

I love EB. Please bring him back.

He's actually the RB's coach for the Titans right here in Nashville this season. What's really ironic is that Chris Johnson went to the same exact college as Ernest Byner attended (East Carolina).

- Tom F.

Nice story, but sorry, I don't believe it. EB isn't going to be OC.

Nice story, but sorry, I don't believe it. EB isn't going to be OC.

You're probably right BUT the last time Tennessee went deep into the playoffs - Heimerdinger was their OC and he's their current OC. Point being?

Ernest is currently learning from a pretty intelligent offensive mind after collecting a wealth of knowledge elsewhere and playing in Lindy Infante's offense. He might pleasantly surprise the right team with what he knows right now. If we compare Tennessee's running game to that of other teams, we might have to say he compares very well against those he'd compete against for the job.

If that's not enough, Lerner seems hellbent on bridging OLD Browns to new Browns to keep the customers that once fell in love with the character epitomized by the BYNER type. The dumbest thing this organization EVER did was trade Byner for the Puget Sound Track star. One guy went on to become an All Pro and SB workhorse while the other is still better known for being the track star instead of a football player.

- Tom F. (The one thing Mangini brings from NE/NY is the want for "character" so maybe it's time Byner reminds us one more time not to count out this former 12th round pick who wasn't supposed to be good enough for this league)

That would make perfect sense. We hired Trent Dildo-sucker to mentor Charlie Frye, even though Dilfer never mentored any NFL QB before.

Dilfer mentored Hasselbeck in Seattle, guess that doesn't count for anything since it didn't work here.

It woudl make sense to give the OC job to a guy who isn't known for being an OC or any kind of other coach.

Byner was one hell of a running back, too bad the IDIOTS chased him out of town here. Yes, the FUMBLE cost us that game, but Byner was the sole reason we were in it. Had the D managed to keep it together in the LEAST we would have won and that fumble wouldn't have mattered.

Hey, did you know that Bill Cowher purchased a home in Solon? Yeah, i was reported here as fact.

Hear crap like that all the time, you learn to ignore it after a while.

Archived