THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini and McGinnest??

ballpeen

Has anybody heard how those two get along?? Did they have any real relationship in NE.

I guess where I am going with this is I wonder if Willie can sit down and have a frank conversation with 'gini and give him a sense of the lockereoom ??

With Willies years in the league, he has a pretty good idea of who is a good teammate and who isn't so good....not who plays well and who doesn't, but who buys in to "team".

Maybe Mangini wouldn't want that and would prefer to go in totally fresh, and maybe Willie wouldn't want to do that.

Any thoughts?

Has anybody heard how those two get along?? Did they have any real relationship in NE.

I guess where I am going with this is I wonder if Willie can sit down and have a frank conversation with 'gini and give him a sense of the lockereoom ??

With Willies years in the league, he has a pretty good idea of who is a good teammate and who isn't so good....not who plays well and who doesn't, but who buys in to "team".

Maybe Mangini wouldn't want that and would prefer to go in totally fresh, and maybe Willie wouldn't want to do that.

Any thoughts?

ithink willlie mac and eric had a good relationship in NE.willie and Eric knows what its supposed to look like and willie mac could be invaluable to letting EM know the problems that face the Browns as currently constructed.

Any thoughts?

peen,

Good thoughts. This is something I hadn't thought of and is certainly worth watching in the next few weeks. Unlike most of his 'surrounding cast' the 15-year vet played with some pride and played hard right up until the end and even managed to put a scare into the Steelers in Week 17.

But the decision is completely his if he wants to come back, but I think Mangini wouldn't mind using him in the same role RAC did.

Any thoughts?

This one comes out of left field BUT it involves Willie's favorite coach so hear me out. I'm thinking the ONLY reason Mangini is open to keeping RAC is because Lerner informed him that Savage signed him to a contract extension, which means Lerner prolly has to pay him regardless of where he is. Therefore, I'm guessing Lerner fully explained that he would prolly pay Mangini MORE cake if RAC prevents them from hiring 1 more defensive position coach. Maybe RAC will re-emerge as Willie's position coach, which would entice him to stay.

I've been trying to make sense of why on earth Mangini would be open to RAC staying when it would seem like a conflict of interest. I keep forgetting we gave RAC a raise and an extension so now I GET why a brand new coach would be open to it.

Not that this was the Browns or even the state of Ohio - it was only the high school level in Western, NY. BUT I took over for a team that hadn't won a football game in 3 years. The AD had a son on the team so he had a vested interested in this team. Anyway, the AD said the previous Head Coach was in over his head but he wants to keep him on staff as an assistant. I wanted the job so I went along with it completely hiding the "uh-oh" on my mind. Turned out we became GREAT friends, we won games and by our second season we knocked off the undefeated first place team on our last game to finish in second place with only 2 losses. Couldn't have done it without him. It was a freakin blast and I had to pinch my skin I that I got paid to do that. What made that work was I found alot of commonalities in our backgrounds; and I got a good early vibe he'd be an excellent position coach. While I'm irrelevant to the Browns - the situation was identical to Mangini walking into the boss wanting to keep RAC on staff.

- Tom F.

To start with this guy was a total salary cap sucker, one-tackle-willee,don't want or need him back too slow to cover anybody and dogged it on the run plays,hell most teams didn't even bother to assign a blocker to him,then to add insult to injury he plays his ass off in his last game,no he'll wait to see where Crennel lands then sucker that team into another mill or so.

Secondly I'm sure Mangini is capable of sitting down with each player and forming his own opinion(after all the Man is a genius)

Archived