THE BROWNS BOARD

The Week in the AFC North

Zombo

This is really the last big weekend of football this year where you've got games on Saturday and Sunday, and I can feel the withdrawals coming on. The divisional round is usually my favorite as the top seeds get in the action against a team that just won a big game and has some momentum.

This week I have known all week where I'm going with three picks, but the fourth one is not so obvious: Giants v. Eagles.

I think the Giants (and Giant fans) kinda threw up in their mouths a little bit on the last week of the season when everything remarkably fell into the Eagles lap: The Bear lose at Houston ... and then, inexplicably, the Bucs fail while hosting Oakland to win a playoff spot (I would have fired Gruden before Shanahan).

It's fair to say that the NFC was coming down to Carolina at NY Giants, the rest was just a formality ... until a REAL Wild Card entered the scene: The Philadelphia Eagles.

They've got the offense, they've got the defense, they've got the momentum ... and when they play the Giants, they neutralize the homefield advantage because it's one of those Rivalry Games where you can "Throw out the records".

That said, I'm leaning toward the G-men because I love their defense, they are rested, and they are playoff tested. And the Eagles looked a little bit vulnerable to the run last week ... either way, I think the Sunday games will be the most fun to watch.

Baltimore at Tennessee 4:30 PM Sat

Gotta give credit where it is due: Ozzie Newsome knows how to build a football team ... defense + strong up the middle, with a versatile running game. People forget, Belichick and Newsome worked together five years in Cleveland and built the same type of team ... and even handed Parcels his ass in the playoffs before Uncle Scum did his thing. Certainly seems they rubbed off on each other, though. This Ravens team has a lot going for it, but I'm still not buying Joe Flacco. I am ready for the meltdown. And the Titans are just the defense to cause it. Folks ... Jeff Fisher is no dummy ... this Titans team is going to the Super Bowl. And I'm taking graybeard Collins over peachfuzz Flacco. I like the Titans in a solid win today. TITANS 20 RAVENS 9

Arizona at Carolina 8:15 Sat

If you've followed me through the years, you know where I'm going with this one. I like defense and running games in January. And Jake Delhomme is one of my favorite under-rated QBs of all time. So this one is just about picking a score for me ... I'll go with PANTHERS 38 CARDINALS 20

Philadelphia at New York Giants 1:00 Sun

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. I like when two divisional rivals meet up in the playoffs. When I was a kid I think of Raiders-Chiefs, Cowboys-Redskins, Steelers-Oilers ... lots of good ol' fashioned hate. I like the Eagles QB better, but the Giants power running game in snowy conditions. I just have the feeling that I could analyze this one to death and it comes down to a high snap or blocked kick so ... what the heck: GIANTS 20 EAGLES 19

San Diego at Pittsburgh 4:45 Sun

Mike Tomlin made the absolute coaching blunder of the year two weeks ago, starting his franchise QB against a divisional rival in a meaningless game, and today he pays for it. If Big Gay Ben can fit his swollen head in his helmet tomorrow, he will undoubtedly be in trouble behind the Steelers worst offensive line in years, and the turnovers will flow. Tomlin should start Leftwich ... but I doubt he will ... he seems to be developing a penchant for shooting himself in the foot come playoff time. The Chargers have an outstanding QB, an outstanding OL, and whether it's LT or Sproles ... they can run on you. Too many weapons for the Steelers with BGB turning the ball over. CHARGERS 36 STEELERS 16

Zombo

Astute predictions Nostradumbass. I predict Zombozo will be 0 for 4 by tomorrow evening, with the road to SB XLIII traveling through Pittsburgh once again.

Guest Masters
OOOOOOOOOOPS!

Arizona vs. Pitt in Superbowl.

Here's hoping AZ wins.

I was way wrong. Shocking that CAR imploded like that. Looks like ARZ has shown up to play in the post season.

I was way wrong. Shocking that CAR imploded like that. Looks like ARZ has shown up to play in the post season.

I was surprised, I never seem to get any predictions right. :rolleyes:

I'm a big fan of Fitzgerald, best hands I've seen since Freddy Biletnekoff.

Honestly I worry about Chubby Chuck; I think it would be healthy if his beloved Stoolers lose today. He would be so crestfallen that he would drop his 1000 chicken wing a day habit at Quaker Steak and by next season will weigh about as much as Calista Flockhart

This is really the last big weekend of football this year where you've got games on Saturday and Sunday, and I can feel the withdrawals coming on. The divisional round is usually my favorite as the top seeds get in the action against a team that just won a big game and has some momentum.

This week I have known all week where I'm going with three picks, but the fourth one is not so obvious: Giants v. Eagles.

I think the Giants (and Giant fans) kinda threw up in their mouths a little bit on the last week of the season when everything remarkably fell into the Eagles lap: The Bear lose at Houston ... and then, inexplicably, the Bucs fail while hosting Oakland to win a playoff spot (I would have fired Gruden before Shanahan).

It's fair to say that the NFC was coming down to Carolina at NY Giants, the rest was just a formality ... until a REAL Wild Card entered the scene: The Philadelphia Eagles.

They've got the offense, they've got the defense, they've got the momentum ... and when they play the Giants, they neutralize the homefield advantage because it's one of those Rivalry Games where you can "Throw out the records".

That said, I'm leaning toward the G-men because I love their defense, they are rested, and they are playoff tested. And the Eagles looked a little bit vulnerable to the run last week ... either way, I think the Sunday games will be the most fun to watch.

Baltimore at Tennessee 4:30 PM Sat

Gotta give credit where it is due: Ozzie Newsome knows how to build a football team ... defense + strong up the middle, with a versatile running game. People forget, Belichick and Newsome worked together five years in Cleveland and built the same type of team ... and even handed Parcels his ass in the playoffs before Uncle Scum did his thing. Certainly seems they rubbed off on each other, though. This Ravens team has a lot going for it, but I'm still not buying Joe Flacco. I am ready for the meltdown. And the Titans are just the defense to cause it. Folks ... Jeff Fisher is no dummy ... this Titans team is going to the Super Bowl. And I'm taking graybeard Collins over peachfuzz Flacco. I like the Titans in a solid win today. TITANS 20 RAVENS 9

Arizona at Carolina 8:15 Sat

If you've followed me through the years, you know where I'm going with this one. I like defense and running games in January. And Jake Delhomme is one of my favorite under-rated QBs of all time. So this one is just about picking a score for me ... I'll go with PANTHERS 38 CARDINALS 20

Philadelphia at New York Giants 1:00 Sun

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. I like when two divisional rivals meet up in the playoffs. When I was a kid I think of Raiders-Chiefs, Cowboys-Redskins, Steelers-Oilers ... lots of good ol' fashioned hate. I like the Eagles QB better, but the Giants power running game in snowy conditions. I just have the feeling that I could analyze this one to death and it comes down to a high snap or blocked kick so ... what the heck: GIANTS 20 EAGLES 19

San Diego at Pittsburgh 4:45 Sun

Mike Tomlin made the absolute coaching blunder of the year two weeks ago, starting his franchise QB against a divisional rival in a meaningless game, and today he pays for it. If Big Gay Ben can fit his swollen head in his helmet tomorrow, he will undoubtedly be in trouble behind the Steelers worst offensive line in years, and the turnovers will flow. Tomlin should start Leftwich ... but I doubt he will ... he seems to be developing a penchant for shooting himself in the foot come playoff time. The Chargers have an outstanding QB, an outstanding OL, and whether it's LT or Sproles ... they can run on you. Too many weapons for the Steelers with BGB turning the ball over. CHARGERS 36 STEELERS 16

Zombo

Nice week on your predictions there bud!!!! 0-4 is very similar to that pathetic football team you root for ...No kidding it's posts like this that just confirms what America alraedy knows....Cleveland Brown fans are the dumbest ,most pathetic fans in the NFL!!!! Your jealosy blinds your reason :lol:

Your jealosy blinds your reason :lol:

Does it?

I think 0-4 is much more remarkable than 2-2, anybody can go 2-2, my results are truly special.

My "reason" is to irk and irritate as many dumb Steeler fans as possible ... so I find my picks very reasonable.

In fact, I think we've got four or five threads started now by steeler faithful all because I simply picked the Steelers to lose on a Browns Board.

It's truly remarkable. I'll never stop as long as it entertains me.

I predict ... three or four more stupid Steeler fans will come over and post about how offended they are ... and I predict I will enjoy myself as I and my Browns fans brethren bitch slap their silly asses around.

It's shooting fish in a barrel.

Zombo

Astute predictions Nostradumbass. I predict Zombozo will be 0 for 4 by tomorrow evening, with the road to SB XLIII traveling through Pittsburgh once again.

For my next fearless prediction, Zombozo goes 0-2 next week on his predictions.

I predict ... three or four more stupid Steeler fans will come over

Fan Of STEEL 1: "bla blah blah zombo blah blah"

acidhead: "bla blah blah zombo blah blah"

Winslow's Urologist: "bla blah blah zombo blah blah"

Steeler SChuck: "bla blah blah zombo blah ... an'at blah"

You're right ... I am Nostradamus. But I couldn't do it without you guys.

Zombo

--Dance, monkeys, dance!

Zombo

--Dance, monkeys, dance!

Don't let it get to your head.

Regards

.... an'at

Nice week on your predictions there bud!!!! 0-4 is very similar to that pathetic football team you root for ...No kidding it's posts like this that just confirms what America alraedy knows....Cleveland Brown fans are the dumbest ,most pathetic fans in the NFL!!!! Your jealosy blinds your reason :lol:

Rich, why do you have two logins? Are you confused?

Coming from the guy who knee-jerk picks against the Steelers every week, your cookie-cutter dig is pretty funny!

Coming from a guy that fantasizes about handling our tight end's privates, I'm not surprised you haven't taken the time to figure out that if I pick against a team every single week for years on end ... it's not exactly "knee jerk".

Zombo

--Steeler nation IQ seems to be actually dropping ...

Rich, why do you have two logins? Are you confused?

Sorry fella I don't need two stupid logins...............I have three two of which have not posted for more than a year..............so whatever fantasy you need believe it.......and nedder of the other two have rich or eagle or any resemblance associated wit dem..............Rich4eagle remains the font of football knowledge no need to use de udder two fonts

Zombo

--Dance, monkeys, dance!

Laughing my ass off! Thatta boy Zombo!

- Tom F.

Guest Masters

Ah, that would almost make since if his picks, aside from the SD pick, didn't mirror those of just about every "expert" out there.

Archived