THE BROWNS BOARD

Pluto on Kokinis

damajuki

Terry's Sunday stuff is up here.

Basically says that Kokinis is interested in being a GM and would like to work with Mangini but wants to be a REAL GM and doesn't want to have it look like he is not the "real" GM.

Also says the Browns flubbed the presser by not having anyone speak for the organization and answer the basic question "Why Mangini?"

What is Lerner's deal anyway? He makes a very public show of hiring the coach before the GM all by himself and then doesn't even announce it? Does he have some public speaking issue or something? Not very professional.

I think this is much to do about nothing.

Brown was hired before Ferry and everything is fine, and San Antonio went to the finals.

These guys supposedly get along and therefore this shouldn't be an issue. I don't think its a big deal who is hired first. We're not picking kick ball teams in the playground here.

As long as Lerner tells him this is a real GM job, which there's no reason he won't, everything will be fine.

I love Terry, and agree the intro could have been handled better, but I think one of those reporters clapped when Mangini was introduced. Since they were the only ones there on a Thursday morning, couldn't they have given him a little warmer welcome before drilling him with "what went wrong in NY?", "were you surprised you were fired?", "are you Bill Belichick Jr.?", etc.

The cool and unenthusiastic first impression kind of ticked me off, especially since it was clear Mangini was trying to be affable.

I think this is much to do about nothing.

Brown was hired before Ferry and everything is fine, and San Antonio went to the finals.

These guys supposedly get along and therefore this shouldn't be an issue. I don't think its a big deal who was hired first. We're not picking kick ball teams in the playground here.

As long as Lerner tells him this is a real GM job, which there's no reason he won't, everything will be fine.

I love Terry, and agree the intro could have been handled better, but I think one of those reporters in the full room clapped when Mangini was introduced. Since they were the only ones there on a Thursday morning, couldn't they have given him a little warmer welcome before drilling him with "what went wrong in NY?", "were you surprised you were fired?", "are you Bill Belichick Jr.?", etc.

The cool and unenthusiastic first impression kind of ticked me off, especially since it was clear Mangini was trying to be affable.

Absolutely, Media spin........................Their looking for a story .

Here's the scoop from the Balt. papers. Newsome is trying to talk Kokinis out of going. He is trying to bide some time to make an offer to Kokinis. Ozzie would change his title to VP of football Operations and Kokinis would be GM. Ozzie has called Lerner and was very irate. He has threatened to call the NFL charging the Brown's with tampering.

The real story why Ozzie doesn't want Kokinis to go, other then he really likes the job he has done, is that Kokinis is in charge of Pro Personnel and FA. Ozzie has discussed their plans to try to keep their FAs and discussed guys they would be interested in and how much they are willing to pay them.

That is powerful information since they have Suggs, Ray Lewis and Bart Scott all as FAs. Their center is also a FA and I think a few others. They don't have the cap room to sign them all. So, Kokinis would be coming here armed with some powerful info about the Ravens off season plans.

Lerner is proceding with Plan B in case the NFL says there is justification for tampering. Since they haven't even interviewed him yet, how could a deal be struck and Kokinis also has talked to another FO guy about coming with him.

With all that..............................coaches win games, GMs are administrators.

Here's the scoop from the Balt. papers. Newsome is trying to talk Kokinis out of going. He is trying to bide some time to make an offer to Kokinis. Ozzie would change his title to VP of football Operations and Kokinis would be GM. Ozzie has called Lerner and was very irate. He has threatened to call the NFL charging the Brown's with tampering.

The real story why Ozzie doesn't want Kokinis to go, other then he really likes the job he has done, is that Kokinis is in charge of Pro Personnel and FA. Ozzie has discussed their plans to try to keep their FAs and discussed guys they would be interested in and how much they are willing to pay them.

That is powerful information since they have Suggs, Ray Lewis and Bart Scott all as FAs. Their center is also a FA and I think a few others. They don't have the cap room to sign them all. So, Kokinis would be coming here armed with some powerful info about the Ravens off season plans.

Lerner is proceding with Plan B in case the NFL says there is justification for tampering. Since they haven't even interviewed him yet, how could a deal be struck and Kokinis also has talked to another FO guy about coming with him.

With all that..............................coaches win games, GMs are administrators.

Good stuff here - thanks for the update!

If Oz can change his title and end up keeping Kokinis I'd be most concerned with the Browns inability to keep things under the cuff. I understand we had to ask for permission, but it sure seemed like all of a sudden there was a huge push about how he and Magini were a package deal.

Most of it was from a few stories the last couple of day in the Annapolis, MD paper.

Ozzie is pissed.

If he is so pissed then he needs to make kokinis an offer and randy needs to top it..if possible.

We need to get things rolling if kokinis falls through we need to just look for a pro-personnel guy and try mangini as the boss imo..

Im getting nervous with Deadwieght McCrieght in charge of things and looking to continue ripping the organization off with bad trade deals..

Archived