THE BROWNS BOARD

Phil Savage keeps on truckin'

Guest Aloysius

Guest Aloysius

I found this in a report on the first day of Shrine Game practices:

Word has it that the Detroit Lions may be contemplating the idea of offering a front office position to former Cleveland Browns GM Phil Savage, who attended all of today’s activities while keeping a low profile and taking judicious notes as if he were still working in his former capacity; his humble beginnings as a scout will now aid his search for a new gig.

Phil is going to find a job in some capacity in scouting....he has talent.

His expense account may dictate a Holiday Inn v the Hilton, but he has the talent to land a national gig if not better.

He is going to do just fine.

Detriot can't get anybody to coach their now, so what happens if they hire a control freak as GM. I hope Savage gets the job, he'll definately trade for Anderson.

They have a GM in Martin Mayhew, so he obviously wouldn't be hired as a GM there.

Guest Ghoolie
Phil is going to find a job in some capacity in scouting....he has talent.

His expense account may dictate a Holiday Inn v the Hilton, but he has the talent to land a national gig if not better.

He is going to do just fine.

You xxxxing guys are assholes. The goddamned Detroit Lions are after him....... WOW what talent he must have. WOW, the LIONS, SHEEEEYIIIIT, he must have some great reputation there, eh?

NO TALENT. NONE AT ALL. Just look at the sad state teh Browns are in. Thank Sewage.

someone's gonna get a good scout. hope they limit him to doing what he's good at.

fwawk yeah............Sewage would be an enormous scout paying way too much for way too litlle at all phases.........good take buddy remind me to NEVER pay attention to whatever you say next

Guest Aloysius
Detroit can have him this is a guy that is so uber at scouting that he traded all our best picks last year for duds like stallworth...what true uber scouting type would ever do that?

Savage didn't trade for Stallworth (he was a free agent). He gave up a 2nd for Corey Williams and traded Bodden & a 3rd for Shaun Rogers.

I understand questioning the Williams move, but I'd be surprised if anyone here is pissed about the Rogers deal. That appears to have been a brilliant move.

Archived