THE BROWNS BOARD

Hillary Clinton on Foreign Policy

SiperBowl

May 7, 1998

Hillary Clinton Supports a Palestinian State

Speaking by satellite from Washington with young Israelis and Arabs meeting here, Hillary Rodham Clinton said today that it would be in the long-term interest of the Middle East for the Palestinians to have a state.

Mrs. Clinton used the word ''Palestine'' in answer to a question and then was asked why she would use that term ''considering the fact that right now this country does not exist.''

She replied: ''Well, I think that it will be in the long-term interest of the Middle East for Palestine to be a state, to be a state that is responsible for its citizens' well-being, a state that has responsibility for providing education and health care and economic opportunity to its citizens.''

[in Washington, Marsha Berry, a spokeswoman for Mrs. Clinton, said that the First Lady was giving her own personal views and that they did not represent the position of the Clinton Administration.]

Mrs. Clinton added, ''I think that the territory that the Palestinians currently inhabit, and whatever additional territory they will obtain through the peace negotiations'' should in the interest of peace be considered ''a functioning modern state.''

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." "He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither ... Benjamin Franklin

Hillary is the wrong Person for the job!

Guest Aloysius

So Hillary's sane...that's a good thing, right?

I mean, Israel will be a majority Arab state by 2020 if it doesn't allow the Palestinians to have a state of their own. So unless Israel is to cease being a democracy, it must allow for the creation of a Palestinian state.

Hamas' charter calls for the recapturing of the State of Israel, the land cannot be negotiated away by any political leader.

Hamas is listed as a terrorist organization by Canada, the European Union Israel, Japan, and the United States, and is banned in Jordan. Australia and the United Kingdom list only the military wing of Hamas, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, as a terrorist organization. The United States and the European Union have both implemented restrictive measures against Hamas on an international level.

And Hillary wants to make them a state.

And Hillary wants to make [Hamas] a state.

Incorrect. There is a difference between "Palestinians" and "Hamas." Just like there is a difference between "Muslim" and "terrorist."

You know it's a fcuked-up board when the two Jewish dudes on it are the only ones calling for a Palestinian state.

mz the pussy, Not all Jews want a Palestinian state.

And Palestinians are mostly controled by Hamas with their bullying

below is just one example.

Hamas Poised to Convert Captured Gaza Strip into Islamist Enclave

15 June: Hamas has completed its conquest of the Gaza Strip, will convert Mahmoud Abbas’ Presidential compound into big mosque. The Hamas Executive Force has taken over the last two Fatah strongholds: the Preventive Security HQ and the National Security compound, dragging personnel out and shooting some on the spot. After settling scores, Hamas leaders say they will offer amnesties to guiltless Fatah activists. Masked Hamas fighters seized US-made and Israeli equipment and vehicles, rifled intelligence files, in the fortified building constructed with US military aid funds after hoisting a green Hamas flag.

Guest Aloysius
You know it's a fcuked-up board when the two Jewish dudes on it are the only ones calling for a Palestinian state.

And when the same people who are arguing against a Palestinian state were calling Rahm Emanuel a terrorist a few months ago because his father was in the Irgun.

And when the same people who are arguing against a Palestinian state were calling Rahm Emanuel a terrorist a few months ago because his father was in the Irgun.

And the defense of the left is to put words into the mouths of those on the conservative side.

Nice try.

Hillary Clinton - The Dark Side

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_(controversy)

Incorrect. There is a difference between "Palestinians" and "Hamas." Just like there is a difference between "Muslim" and "terrorist."

Who controls the Big 'J'?

What happens to the Jewish Temple?.

You know what happens IF a third Temple is built.

Guest Aloysius
And the defense of the left is to put words into the mouths of those on the conservative side.

Nice try.

Chic John deleted the thread I was talking about, so I can't link to it. But here's a similar one in which Bunker quotes an article that claims Rahm Emanuel is a spy for Israel.

I'm not making anything up. The poopypants coalition is just that ridiculous...

Chic John deleted the thread I was talking about, so I can't link to it. But here's a similar one in which Bunker quotes an article that claims Rahm Emanuel is a spy for Israel.

I'm not making anything up. The poopypants coalition is just that ridiculous...

you have a good memory i am glad you saved this from poopydrawers

Who controls the Big 'J'?

Gaza today is basically ground zero for all three of these struggles, said Martin Indyk, the former Clinton administration's Middle East adviser whose incisive new book, "Innocent Abroad: An Intimate Account of American Diplomacy in the Middle East," was just published. "This tiny little piece of land, Gaza, has the potential to blow all of these issues wide open and present a huge problem for Barack Obama on Day 1."

Obama's great potential for America, noted Indyk, is also a great threat to Islamist radicals -- because his narrative holds tremendous appeal for Arabs. For eight years Hamas, Hezbollah and Al-Qaida have been surfing on a wave of anti-U.S. anger generated by George W. Bush. And that wave has greatly expanded their base.

No doubt, Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran are hoping that they can use the Gaza conflict to turn Obama into Bush. They know Barack Hussein Obama must be (am)Bushed -- to keep America and its Arab allies on the defensive. Obama has to keep his eye on the prize. His goal -- America's goal -- has to be a settlement in Gaza that eliminates the threat of Hamas rockets and opens Gaza economically to the world, under credible international supervision. That's what will serve U.S. interests, moderate the three great struggles and earn him respect.

Again, it's the whole "Hamas equals Palenstinian" thing that folks are having a difficult time ungrasping, as it were.

I am against Hamas, and for the creation of a Palestinian state.

Archived