THE BROWNS BOARD

The Obama Factor in Israel's Gaza War

Mr. T

As other Nations around Israel protest what is going on such as the 3 rockets fired from Lebanon hit north Israel .And with Rangel wanting to reintroduce the military draft I would say things could definitely get further out of hand in the mideast.

My speculation is that Israel knows what is at stake with the new Obama administration coming into play they are taking this conflict into their own hands. Can Israel be confident to have the US backing them with Obama? And if this war is to escalate with Irans attempts or even Lebanon getting involved we may be pushed into a much larger war.

3 rockets fired from Lebanon hit north Israel

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1055427.html

Rangel wanting to reintroduce the military draft

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2165111/posts

Forcing people into the armed forces against their will seems like, and has always been, a fabulous idea.

Rangel did that merely to scare the peeps aboput war.

"Oh no if we be gonna have dese wars we's gonna draft YO KIDS!!!!"

But I think 2 years of some kinda public service isn't a bad idea.

But tell me what's the difference between a forced draft and income tax to pay for shit you don't like?

Either side?

WSS

1. You could die...

Very true, Alo. Thank you.

Expanding on that, you could die perpetuating something you are wholeheartedly against.

Ain't that a bitch.

Expanding on that, you could die perpetuating something you are wholeheartedly against. Ain't that a bitch.

Can you imagine any circumstances, mz the pussy, that you could see the US Military fighting for a good cause? Even hypothetically?

To me, 'conscientious (sp) objectors' are like 'libertarians' are like 'athiests'. In short, they are kind of a 'cool' label to place upon one's self, but, in fact really don't - in a practical manner - exist.

Expanding on that, you could die perpetuating something you are wholeheartedly against.

Ain't that a bitch.

You could die when the hoodrats released from prison kill you.

You can die when the bad guys who DON'T stop their nuke programs even if we do blow something up.

You could die when the Arabs we appeased blow up some more civilians.

You could die when you don't torture captured terrorists and set them free.

Lot's of ways to die.

But all you guys perpetuate the war and the social programs that create criminals when you pay your taxes.

Then again ya don't have to go fight. You choose that.

Paying for it?

Deal.

WSS

Can you imagine any circumstances, mz the pussy, that you could see the US Military fighting for a good cause? Even hypothetically?

Perhaps where there is a well-documented one-way ethnic cleansing (Darfur, WWII?) or when war is declared upon us by another nation, not by a group of extremists. Maybe.

To me, 'conscientious (sp) objectors' are like 'libertarians' are like 'athiests'. In short, they are kind of a 'cool' label to place upon one's self, but, in fact really don't - in a practical manner - exist.

When does religion take practicality into account???

Deal.

WSS

Say what you will re: all of these ways to die, but none of them were a direct result of taking my personal freedoms/freedom of will/freedom from oppression away from me.

Say what you will re: all of these ways to die, but none of them were a direct result of taking my personal freedoms/freedom of will/freedom from oppression away from me.

Well I think they do.

I think people are being killed as a result of policies we're forced to pay for.

It isn't that big a leap from forcing you to join the army and making you pay for the bombs.

But it's my fault for straying off point.

Screw the military draft.

Mandatory public service is OK with me.

(but would you be happy if we spent the same money and lives in Darfur?

Did we not facilitate Stalin's ethnic cleansing?)

WSS

Screw the military draft.

Mandatory public service is OK with me.

WSS

My bad. I truly didn't see where you wrote 'public service' vs. 'military draft.'

Ain't that a bitch.

No one would expect a bitch like you to have any guts to want to defend their country. You just want to sit back and be an "adwriter" for stupid ass Honda commercials. Wow, what a legacy. LMFAO!

It must kill you, Jeffro, that you went over to Korea to clean latrines, peel potatoes and fellate officers for MY FREEDOM.

Don't be jealous of my supremely charmed life.

Archived