THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Vs. Bengals

maljanftballfan

I am a 29-year-old East Cleveland gal with a heart forever dedicated to my BROWNS!!! My father used to be a season ticket holder, so I was blessed and lucky enough to join he and my mom for EVERY home game. Now that he no longer has season passes -- and I lack the funds to buy them myself -- I find myself digging around the internet for deals and cheap tickets all of the time.

I just so happened to come across a recent craigslist posting for tickets to the upcoming game against the Bengals on October 14th. The title's 'SAVE 10-60% OFF RETAIL' and 'PICK YOUR PRICE' lines caught my eye...it sounded too good to be true...so I had to check it out.

Turns out, they ain't lying!!! The posting led me to what I like to now refer to as the PRICELINE of LIVE EVENTS...seriously! You can actually BID on your seats and say what YOU want to pay...you just choose the # of tickets you want and choose the star-rating level of the seats your looking for (i.e. 1-star seats vs. 4-star seats). Then, you put in an amount of $$ that you're willing to pay...and within seconds, you find out if your bid is accepted and the tickets are YOURS! I just picked up 2 tickets in section 347 for $43/each -- about 20% off the retail price of $53.93 each (I think I did the math correctly... :lol: )

I'll admit, I'm "new" to the whole buying sports tickets process, so maybe it's just me, but I've NEVER heard of such a thing before! Has anyone else ever heard of / used this ScoreBig site? Give it a try -- ScoreBig - Cleveland Browns Tickets

and most importantly, GOOOO BROWNS!!!!!!! WOO WOO WOO See ya'll around!

There's now about 10 sites offering NFL tickets at resale, including this one. We don't normally allow links to sites that take away our business, but I'll let this one stand- subject to other Mods opinions. Will they guarantee the tickets you're getting are real, as NFL\Ticketmaster or StubHub do?

BTW, there's always the time honored way of seeing how low a scalper will be willing to go right before- or just after kickoff.

Thanks for the feedback and letting my link stay up here :D

Re: your questions - yes, they do guarantee that the tickets are real. Quoted from the site-- "We're the place to save every day on sports, concert and theater tickets without paying any fees or shipping charges for the privilege. All our tickets are below box office price and 100% guaranteed."

The site goes on to say that around 40% of live event tickets go unsold every year, and since the ticket industry can't offer big discounts on some seats and not others in a way everyone sees, the tickets are given to ScoreBig and they fill them.

In a nutshell, I guess I really like the idea that I can decide on what I want to pay. Once you choose your number of seats, you can "bid" on what price you're willing to pay, and find out immediately if you're bid has been accepted or not. I've never had such an option before, and for me it's great because besides the fact that I'm always on a budget, I'm usually not too picky about where my seats are-- anywhere in a general section is fine, if I can get huge discounts like these!

• 3 weeks later...

This is the worst attempt of viral advertising that I have ever seen. This "girl" has a penis. Don't be fooled by this sham.

Wow. I must say that I am very taken back by your comment. While I shouldn't even bother, I can prove to you that I indeed am a FEMALE, sans penis. And I am a diehard Browns fan. In case you didn't notice, my profile avatar photo is a shot from the home opening in Cleveland this year.

The intent of my previous post was indeed to start some discussion and spread the word about ScoreBig.com. I am in the Tickets and Trading Forum, I didn't realize that sharing a tip to a site with discount ticket prices would be SOO inappropriate either. Jeeze.

• 11 months later...

Archived