THE BROWNS BOARD

Rams Hire Spagnuolo

Adz1987

I was seeing garrett as well...lol it took spags a while to land a job i have doubts he is going to be better than average but who knows...mangini in my opinion is what the browns need and im with lerner all the way on the kokinis/mangini combo...mangini has assembled one hell of a team minus the potential romeo flub..plus..do we have any choice but to hope for the best?

Guest Masters

No surprise really. It's a copy cat league. Last year, ATL and BALT went out and got guys as HC with no HC experience and had success. Everyone thinks it will work for them. I wouldn't be suprised if all 3 of the coordinators that just got HC jobs all fail.

Guest Masters
I am not even a Browns fan and I feel for you guys.....you f.ucked up - tell me - who on this board wants Mangini over Spagnola?

They are both a gamble. There is nothing to really say Spagnola will be successful. He could end up no different than a lot of the other coordinators who fail. With Mangini, you have at least a track record to go on. A couple of games under .500 in 3 years, as a first time HC gives more promise than a total unknown. Only time will tell which move will pan out better.

So what is there really to say that CLE f'd up and Spagnola will have any success as a HC?

Guest Masters
You know, I wondered if when other teams started getting their HC's if I'd feel buyer's remorse.

I have to say I don't.

Mangini is 3-4 hires in front of these teams and I'm liking it.

I was just saying that to a friend of mine.

Of course time will only tell. When I look back at when RAC was hired, I don't think any HC hires that year ended up sticking. And last year, who had Harbough and Smith begged as future good HCs? Such a gamble. At least with Mangini, it's a calculated gamble.

I am not even a Browns fan and I feel for you guys.....you f.ucked up - tell me - who on this board wants Mangini over Spagnola?

Spags is probably the better DC. As far as HC, unless you have a crystal ball, you are talking out your ass. Being a HC is about preparation for detail, organization and running a entire football operation on the field. Please tell all of us where Spags got all that experience to prove that you know he can be more then just a good coordinator.

The only person f**ked up here is the person that thinks they know that any coordinator without HC experience will be a success and is better then any other unproven new hire.

Will Schwartz be better then McDaniel or will Spags be better then Schwartz or will Morris be better then them all. What makes any of them better then Mangini that has experience and success.

Please don't come here with your know it all BS and act like you have a clue.

Take a hike and don't forget to take your opinion with you.

Oh man I'm so glad we didn't get Garrett. He hasn't shown enough to me that he can handle the head gig. But I'm not sure that Spagnuolo can do it either. Lets hope he hires a good OC and DC to help him out.

Has anyone heard who he may get for OC and DC???? :unsure:

Archived