THE BROWNS BOARD

Proud to be a Browns fan

Zombo

Speaking of the Parts (that's what everyone from Pittsburgh seems to call their baseball team- i have no idea why), is it true that they moved yesterday's game to PNC? It loked like only 3,000-4,000 empty seats. i was impressed.

I know somebody that used to work for the Steeler front office, The Steelers ship in poor Appalachian kids from the suburbs to fill the empty seats at playoff time so they can look good on national TV and avoid the blackout.

Zombo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ATENEARS
If you ever need to find a Steelers bar use this link. It has bars all over the country.

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelernation/steelersbars.asp

I'm actually surprised ... surprised how un-organized and faulty your Steeler bar list is. The Browns have "Official" Browns Backer Establishments, not just list places a couple of fans migrated to once to watch their team play.

Go Here: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/fans/backers/ to see how it is really done, and to see what your fan base is trying to emulate.

You guys are a fraud. I know of some of the locations on that list on the Squeeler site and bel;ieve me, They are not Steeler Backer bars ... they are bars that show all games and maybe a yellow towel or two were waved there. Browns Backer Bars are complete with documented locations, a plaque on the wall and a membership base with a club president and all.

We have International Chapters, which I didn't see listed on your site.

Keep trying to be like us though ... it's kind of cute.

Guest ATENEARS

I know somebody that used to work for the Steeler front office, The Steelers ship in poor Appalachian kids from the suburbs to fill the empty seats at playoff time so they can look good on national TV and avoid the blackout.

Zombo

I've heard that too. My brothers friend works in Pittsburgh and help arrange transportation of Appalachian kids to and from.

I'm actually surprised ... surprised how un-organized and faulty your Steeler bar list is. The Browns have "Official" Browns Backer Establishments, not just list places a couple of fans migrated to once to watch their team play.

Go Here: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/fans/backers/ to see how it is really done, and to see what your fan base is trying to emulate.

You guys are a fraud. I know of some of the locations on that list on the Squeeler site and bel;ieve me, They are not Steeler Backer bars ... they are bars that show all games and maybe a yellow towel or two were waved there. Browns Backer Bars are complete with documented locations, a plaque on the wall and a membership base with a club president and all.

We have International Chapters, which I didn't see listed on your site.

Keep trying to be like us though ... it's kind of cute.

You should watch the Steelers in the SB from one of those places...

I rather have a bad Steeler bar list then a bad team!

You should watch the Steelers in the SB from one of those places...

Exactly. When the rest of the front-running, bandwagon Puker "fans" crawl out of their holes.

And with 30 seconds of ad-time pushing the $1.5-2mil mark, I'm guessing you can count the number of people in the world not watching the Super Bowl on one hand.

Thanks for validating the thread. "Wait til we get to the Super Bowl and then see how many fans we have!!!"

Douche.

I've heard that too. My brothers friend works in Pittsburgh and help arrange transportation of Appalachian kids to and from.

No kidding. I had heard about this before but didn't know whether or not to believe it. Sounds like you and Zombo have solidified it for me.

I know the economy is rough, but you'd think even Pittspile could sell out an AFC Championship Game without having to ship kids in.

Respect is earned disdain for winners is easy........keep at it............funny you have no clue about whom is fan of whom.........but ready to KILL one for being honest about reality

I posted 6700 times and you posted 25 times and now you are an expert on what it is ......reality

are you a moron or just had a bad moment????????????

I could post drivel 6,701 times too.

About 4 years ago, I met a guy at work, a temp consultant... from Lorain. He was a loud, albeit funny, obnoxious foulmouthed rabid fan of the squeelers. He always used to say he used to be a Browns fan, but hey, the Sqeelers have WON SUPERBOWLS !

We joked, got along great.

He now is overworked at a small biz in Toledo. I emailed him earlier this season... and said for once I

wouldn't be too sure about declaring a victory - my Browns over his Squeelers.

He wrote back a bit about his trials and tribulations the past year, getting married, and joked about a mutual friend...

and ended by saying "GO BROWNS !!!!"

I'm like "what the...???"

So I sent an email to a mutual friend, and he wrote back a long letter and explained that our former Squeeler fan had

lost his Dad, a longtime forever Browns fan. And our friend, after his Dad got sick, sat with him and watched

the Browns all season. And he realized that he still loved the Browns, and being a wenttothesuperbowl Squeeler fan with his buddies

wasn't important to him, what being a Browns fan meant to his Dad, even while the Browns came back and struggled with various problems and weren't even close to being a solid football team yet.

Being with his group of buddies just wasn't important anymore.

There is the difference. And that difference can also be the same for oldtime squeeler fans when their squeelers weren't winning in years past.

So, a month later, the ex-squeeler fan wrote to me and at length, explained that it was true, but he never was a squeeler fan around his

family, just in college and around the group he hang out with, mostly, just for bragging rights in a bar, or with people at work.

But he had gotten married to a long time crazy Browns fan, grew up, and actually just dropped it.

He couldn't even root for the squeelers anymore, anywhere...

It's history, tradition and belonging and believing ... and just knowing you'll be there when the Browns get all the pieces in place,

and knowing your train finally made it to the station.

I started with the Browns train, I have seen pics of me 3 years old watching the Browns with my Dad, and I ain't switchin to another train.

Because when the Browns train gets to the station, finally, it will have been a sweet long ride.

It's history, tradition and belonging and believing ... and just knowing you'll be there when the Browns get all the pieces in place,

and knowing your train finally made it to the station.

Because when the Browns train gets to the station, finally, it will have been a sweet long ride.

Well said my friend! I'm in the service....I've lived in 3 different countries and numerous major cities. From this time I've reconfirmed a belief that I've always had. See... theres this thing about being from Cleveland. This powerful feeling! This feeling deep in the back of our spine... its the feeling of KNOWING that you are apart of the greatest fan base in the world! Wherever Uncle Sam sends me... and I run into a fellow Clevelander... topic begins with discussion of our beloved Browns. I've been apart of a Browns Backers organization in every Country I've been in... each atleast 100 members plus. We KNOW we our the greatest fans in the world. See... you'll never meet a bandwagon Browns fan.... in fact it sickens me with how many Cavilier (LeBron groupies) frauds jumped the Cav bandwagon in recent years. They dont understand the meaning of the word "Loyalty". I grew up singing "Bernie Bernie"... and waiting on the day when the other half of that tune comes true. I've waited a lifetime (literally) for our Browns to win a Superbowl.... and we'll continue to support them untill we do... thats what makes us who we are! Thats what will make it all worth wild (Steelers fans will NEVER understand that). I hate too see what will happen to these Steelers fan if the Black and Yellow ever perform under .500. Maybe turn to Dallas or Giants fans, who knows. I put it like this... My grandmother of 70 some years wears Orange and Brown on Sundays. I returned home for Leave last year... hit the bar and was hassled by random ppl all nite about my "throw back Broncos" cap (true browns fan understand why).... at 1pm on a Sunday in Cleveland... the entire city has one thing in common... were all watching the game. See... its a Cleveland thing, we are the definition of loyal and hope. Its our greatest attribute yet our greatest weakness because we'll continue to fill seats verse protest the poor play of our franchise. But thats WHO WE ARE! Theres a reason why Cleveland area natives return to play for their City ie: Quinn, Jurevicious, Bently etc... same for all Ohio sports really.

Anywho... just some quick tidbits:

1. Steelers lead this rivarly 58-55 (Steelers lead 58-55... never lead the serious untill 2007!)

2. Bill Cowher - Former Brown

3. Largest Victory: CLE over PIT 51- 0

4. Championships: PIT (5) - CLE (4)

5. Steelers didnt even begin to even the playing field untill the 70's when led by Couch Chuck Noll

6. Chuck Noll - Cleveland Native and former Brown

Browns vs Steelers through the decades:

1950s (Browns 16-4)

1960s (Browns 15-5)

1970s (Steelers 15-5)

1980s (Browns 12-8)

1990s (Steelers 10-5)

2000s (Steelers 17-2)

Guest ATENEARS
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Zombo For This Useful Post:

88fingerslewy, Aloysius, ATENEARS, Bill, birddog1, BrownB499, BrownsFan17, calfoxwc, ClevelandFanForLife, damajuki, daydawg19, DestinFunk, DTBH, FloridaBrownsFan, Flugel, Fooleeze, Furnier, Geech, hiwaygal, Inspecta, irishlass, JADBF, JewDago, jlowe, kshutchins, Legacy Fan, listercat, Masters, Mercer4Browns, mz the pussy., nickers, plumcrazy73, Pumpkin Eater, roach, shepwrite, Squintz, standish, VaporTrail, WVBrownsfan

I'm sorry, but that is just gay.

Is there any way that I can take back my fag-o-meter wet towel snap?

I'm sorry, but that is just gay.

Is there any way that I can take back my fag-o-meter wet towel snap?

It's your fag-o-meter.

I just perfected it.

Too bad we didn't have that around for my "Name the Puppy contest", the all-time classic diversion.

Zombo

--A little hurt I don't see ghoolie's name on there

Go Browns!

The Squeelfags are amazed that we can all support a losing team, thats why they come here. They don't understand it. As soon as the Squeelers have a few losing seasons in a row, they're off to a new team.

Well considering the Steelers have made the playoffs 12 out of the last 17 seasons I wouldnt count on it happening too often. I have been a Steelers fan for over 20 years now being 29 years old, and I do recall 3 consecutive years in 1998,1999,and 2000 of not making the playoffs and playing horrible football for that period of time and I stuck by them and had no thoughts of even remotely wanting to root for another team. I cant speak for other Steelers fans but I am a Pirates fan and a pretty big one that has a partial season ticket plan, and I have had to sit through a record 16 straight losing seasons of not even sniffing the .500 mark much less making the playoffs. And while it's frustrating as hell and dissapointing to see it happen year in and year out you wont ever see me giving up hope that sometime down the road the Pirates will turn things around and have a winning season make the playoffs.

I gotta give these Stiller fans credit, they come here religiously doing their damnedest to learn from real fans.

I really don't think we appreciate their lust for real knowledge and fandom like we should.

Kudos Yinzers for trying to better yourselves.

Thanks Spect, your kind words are appreciated.

I do disagree with your assessment however, I like to think of this as more of a tribute to our Steeler brothers on the board. They seem to forget the great 80's teams quite a bit, especially those led by the incomparable and studly Mark Malone. While we're at it, let's not forget my men Cliff Stoudt, Bubby Brister and David Woodley.

Sometimes we are a little rough on them, so I wanted to let them know we appreciate them and are behind their Super Bowl efforts.

I'd also like to add that I disagree that this is tops on my Gaydar abilities, which are substantial I might add. I'd have to say the Wham/Steely McBeam comparison would take top honors.

No, Steely's not gay at all...

AAAmedium_moresteely.jpg

Steely McBeam makes elton John look like an iron jawed heterosexual.

Born and raised in Pittsburgh here...but I honestly can't begin to form an intelligent defense for Steely's existence.

Even WDVE (Pittsburgh radio station) merciless rips Steely as being gay.

I had to post this some where and didn't want to waste a new thread on it. So this thread seemed most appropriate.

Because I was never prouder as a Browns father as I was this morning. and this goes to show how we Browns fans pass these things down.

I'm not even the type of father who tells my kids who to root for, they just naturally have come to enjoy watching Browns games with me. Especially my now teenage daughter. We live in the HEART of Steeler country in central Pennsylvania. Even the Eagle's fans here are now rabid steeler fans for one weekend. Today is "Wear your Black and Gold" day at my daughters school. So what do I see as she walks down the hall for me to drive her to school? She has her #10 Brady Quinn jersey on.

That's my girl!

That is one classy young lady you are raising there!

I lived in Northwestern Pennsylvania growing up in the 70's when the Steelers were winning the Super Bowl just about every year. I know the mentality you are dealing with. I loved wearing my Brown and Orange the day after the Super Bowl just to piss them off. They couldn't understand why I stood by the Browns when they were losing and the Steelers were winning championships. They probably still don't understand. Glad to see there are still some faithful up there sticking a thorn in their ridiculous towel-waving sides.

Zombo

--wear those colors with pride, young lady...

(hmm, maybe it does help that the girls think Quinn is cute ... another wave of fans called into action)

I had to post this some where and didn't want to waste a new thread on it. So this thread seemed most appropriate.

Because I was never prouder as a Browns father as I was this morning. and this goes to show how we Browns fans pass these things down.

I'm not even the type of father who tells my kids who to root for, they just naturally have come to enjoy watching Browns games with me. Especially my now teenage daughter. We live in the HEART of Steeler country in central Pennsylvania. Even the Eagle's fans here are now rabid steeler fans for one weekend. Today is "Wear your Black and Gold" day at my daughters school. So what do I see as she walks down the hall for me to drive her to school? She has her #10 Brady Quinn jersey on.

That's my girl!

every year for thanksgiving i go to pittsburgh because my dad's family is from that god forsaken city and every year i bring my browns hat, shirts and sweatshirts to wear the whole weekend. JAB, do you have any older daughters for me to marry?

Guest Masters

That's my girl!

Let me know when she'll be 18 :) Just kidding

I gotta give these Stiller fans credit, they come here religiously doing their damnedest to learn from real fans.

I really don't think we appreciate their lust for real knowledge and fandom like we should.

Kudos Yinzers for trying to better yourselves.

yeah and the real good ones get their posts deleted or altered...........too friigging cool greatest fans

I lived in Northwestern Pennsylvania growing up in the 70's when the Steelers were winning the Super Bowl just about every year. I know the mentality you are dealing with. I loved wearing my Brown and Orange the day after the Super Bowl just to piss them off. They couldn't understand why I stood by the Browns when they were losing and the Steelers were winning championships. They probably still don't understand. Glad to see there are still some faithful up there sticking a thorn in their ridiculous towel-waving sides.

Zombo

That's what it's like anymore in down here in Youngstown. It seems like its 75% Steeler fans and maybe 20-25% Browns, and everytime I look at one of the Steeler "fans" I can't help but to notice how obvious it is that they have no business even pretending to be a football fan. It's usually mostly girls, geeks, and losers who don't truely love football but choose to pretend to be a Steeler fan because it's convenient and trendy. They're just in it for the winning and convenience. They truely don't understand that they're sad bandwagoners. When I was decked out in my Browns gear the day after Superbowl XL when the Steelers "beat" the Seahawks, I got so many puzzled looks from Steeler fans I couldn't help but to laugh out loud. I expect the same thing to happen Monday if the Steelers win. They genuinely don't understand. It's really sad, but even more funny.

That's what it's like anymore in down here in Youngstown. It seems like its 75% Steeler fans and maybe 20-25% Browns, and everytime I look at one of the Steeler "fans" I can't help but to notice how obvious it is that they have no business even pretending to be a football fan. It's usually mostly girls, geeks, and losers who don't truely love football but choose to pretend to be a Steeler fan because it's convenient and trendy. They're just in it for the winning and convenience. They truely don't understand that they're sad bandwagoners. When I was decked out in my Browns gear the day after Superbowl XL when the Steelers "beat" the Seahawks, I got so many puzzled looks from Steeler fans I couldn't help but to laugh out loud. I expect the same thing to happen Monday if the Steelers win. They genuinely don't understand. It's really sad, but even more funny.

Those are the same fans in Youngstown that were wearing Jerry Rice and Joe Montana stuff and proclaiming to be San Fran fans when Eddie D owned the 49ers and they were winning. Couldn't find a Steeler fan back then.

Youngstown, my home town, is bandwagon heaven. Home of Rich and Ghoolie, do I have to say more.

Those are the same fans in Youngstown that were wearing Jerry Rice and Joe Montana stuff and proclaiming to be San Fran fans when Eddie D owned the 49ers and they were winning. Couldn't find a Steeler fan back then.

Couldn't agree more. I have friends that were 49ers fans, Cowboys fans, and Bills fans. They think that just because they still call themselve a fan those particular teams they're not a frontrunner. But I disagree with that. These guys don't watch those teams anymore. They're not into those teams since the glory years. They only hop back on and truly follow the teams when theyre winning, and when losing they're fans in name only. Those are frontrunners. Just because you say you're a fan doesn't mean anything if the only time you give a shit is when they're winning, which is true of far too many fans. Those are the Steeler fans us Browns fans hate.

I also agree about Youngstown. Steeler fans around here always say Pittsburgh is just as close to us as Cleveland so they are innocent. Then I ask them where their Pirates or Penn State gear is, and almost all of them have no answer except "I'm an Indians fan (one of those frontrunners from the 90's) and an Ohio State fan."

Being a Browns fan in Ytown has to be one of the most frustrating types of fans to be.

Archived