THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in The AFC North

Zombo

Well, so far this year The Great Zomboni is perfect picking AFC North games that do not involve the Browns, and completely imperfect at picking the Browns.

I do not why the Browns are so hard to figure out ... I mean, who didn't see Brian Hoyer and Willis McGahee in the starting backfield by Week 3?

As for the other three teams ... they are easy to pick. They will all lose this week by one point. The Great Zomboni has spoken.

And as for the Browns, I can't go against them now ... c'mon, Minnesota sucks!

Houston at Baltimore 1:00 PM

I think the Ravens will have a very "up and down" season, but in the end they will be a winning team because they have weapons on offense and a viable pass rush. But they will lose the close games against the good teams ... like Houston. Their kicker sucks .. he misses an extra point. TEXANS 34 RAVENS 33

Green Bay at Cincinnati 1:00 PM

Another good game, should be a shootout.The Forrest Gregg Bowl. I can see a Lynn Dickey v. Kenny Anderson type barn burner ... with Rodgers on top, of course. PACKERS 44 BENGALS 43

Cleveland at Minnesota 1:00 PM

I was not a big preseason fan of the Vikings, and they have done nothing to change my mind. I think the Browns really have something going on with the defensive front seven, and they should bring a lot of different looks at Christian Ponder with Mingo which make things interesting ... and there will be turnovers. Brian Hoyer isn't going to light up the world his time with the starters, but he'll get the Browns two TDs ... and that'll be enough to win this game. BROWNS 17 VIKINGS 13

Chicago at Pittsburgh Sunday Night Football 8:30 PM

The Steelers suck, but the fun part is that they still have enough swagger and good players to keep the games close which makes the losses excruciatingly painful for their fans. I love this. This week, the Bears drive down for the winning score in the final seconds, and then decide to just go for two on the road ... and Jay Cutler walks it in on a bootleg. BEARS 18 STEELERS 17

jay_cutler_chicago_bears_chicagoside-550

TGZ

Last Week: 2-2

Season: 5-3

This is a weird week for the AFCN... or me. I know betting determines the lines, but I look at the Vegas odds (real men play vs the Spread) and I think three of the games have grossly underestimated the spread and one has overestimated it. Seems too easy so clearly I'm doomed, but here goes...

Houston -2.5 @ Baltimore

Houston has pulled rabbits out of their hats (or gerbils out of...) the first two weeks. With BLT on a Rice-free diet, I don't think the Texans will need to pull out three in a row.

Houston 31 BLT 20

Green Bay -2.5 @ Cincinnati
GB only favored by 2.5? Seems like a gift to me... I'll take it.

GB 41 Cinci 26

Chicago -2.5 @ Pittsburgh

Chicago has looked unbelievably good this year. PTG? Believably bad... so how the hell does that lead to a 2 point spread? And don't tell me PTG folk layout anywhere near as much $$$ as Chi-town does...

CHI 30 PTG 17

Cleveland @ Minnesota -6½

And now we arrive at the exception of the week. The only way to punctuate the sentence our Brownies wrote this week is with our first victory of season. Vegas and the Vikes never saw us coming thanks to our TR smokescreen...

CLE 23 MN 17

Can't remember the last time I saw so much steam on a game.....Minny moved from 3 to 6 1/2 pts...i'll take cle and the 6 1/2

I'll take the points and the shitbirds........been awhile since bal has been a home dog

i'll take cincy and the points at home.........pack defense ? bengals are bangin

Chicago continues to beat up the AFCN covering easily in pitts

And that means that we will still be only one game out of a playoff spot with 13 to go. Go Browns!

I said it before, the division could be won with a losing record

So ... Browns, Bungles and Ravens right against the spread.

Browns and Steelers right straight up.

To hell with the spread ... Browns and Steelers straight up is ALWAYS a good week in the AFC North for TGZ

2ad4d9fb-4c68-4401-bcbe-99b93e26584f.gif

Hey ... remember when we had Steeler trolls?

Zombo

I hear the crickets chirping down Three Sewers way. However, they do have two very winnable games coming up against the Vikings and Jets before they get a royal spanking by the Ratbirds in a Nationally televised game.

So ... Browns, Bungles and Ravens right against the spread.

Browns and Steelers right straight up.

To hell with the spread ... Browns and Steelers straight up is ALWAYS a good week in the AFC North for TGZ

2ad4d9fb-4c68-4401-bcbe-99b93e26584f.gif

Was that from last night's game? I had driven in from SC yesterday and was tired and saw only a bit of the game. (peeking in during commercials on Breaking Bad, then I fell asleep)

Is that Jay Cutler essentially coldcocking a Steeler defender?

Was that from last night's game? I had driven in from SC yesterday and was tired and saw only a bit of the game. (peeking in during commercials on Breaking Bad, then I fell asleep)

Is that Jay Cutler essentially coldcocking a Steeler defender?

Yeah that was from the 4th quarter on a 3rd down and 10 play just after the Steelers had scored to close within 4.

Can't remember the last time I saw so much steam on a game.....Minny moved from 3 to 6 1/2 pts...i'll take cle and the 6 1/2

I'll take the points and the shitbirds........been awhile since bal has been a home dog

i'll take cincy and the points at home.........pack defense ? bengals are bangin

Chicago continues to beat up the AFCN covering easily in pitts

nailed it dude.

Week 2 YTD

vs Spread 2-0 3-2-1

Heads Up 2-0 3-3

This is a weird week for the AFCN... or me. I know betting determines the lines, but I look at the Vegas odds (real men play vs the Spread) and I think three of the games have grossly underestimated the spread and one has overestimated it. Seems too easy so clearly I'm doomed, but here goes...

Houston -2.5 @ Baltimore Houston 31 BLT 20 L/L

Green Bay -2.5 @ Cincinnati GB 41 Cinci 26 L/L

Chicago -2.5 @ Pittsburgh CHI 30 PTG 17 W/W

Cleveland @ Minnesota -6½ CLE 23 MN 17 W/W

Week 3 YTD

vs Spread 2-2 5-4-1

Heads Up 2-2 5-5

Real men post the spread... :P

Archived