THE BROWNS BOARD

BronBron IS back

Why is Love under the radar? Because, I believe, in his entire time there, the T-Wolves have not once made the playoffs. How "great" is a guy that cannot even get his team to an 8th seed?

Because the West is 2x a better overall league than the East, and 1 superstar rarely makes a team. The same argument could be made against Kyrie Irving. Look, I understand getting love isn't going to be easy, and frankly I'm not even a fan of the NBA. But trading a guy like Wiggins (and more, I know) to make a Love trade work instantly creates the "Big 3" that's winning in the NBA. Before someone throws out the Spurs, I get that a well rounded team wins once in a while. But there's a reason the Heat went to 4 straight Finals.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just Waiters and Thompson wouldn't match salaries and the Wolves would literally laugh their ass off with that offer regardless of how many future picks you add on. Just Wiggins and Bennett wouldn't match salaries and would probably get laughed at as well.

The Wolves have made it known that they want to shed Martin's redonkulous contract as part of any Love trade as well. So y'all with either have to find a third team or add Varejao along with just about every first round pick since Irving to just make salaries match. Depending on how much the Wolves value Wiggins, you might able to swing a trade without Martin but it would be tough.

Throw in every available future draft pick (2015 and 2017 at least, possibly 2019 as well) and you'll basically have Irving, Love, LeBron and that's it outside of minimum salary vets chasing a ring. Did it work or Miami? Half the time but it's also the reason LeBron is even considering the Cavs in the first place.

Irving - Love - LeBron would be an amazingly talented offensive core but you'll be shredded defensively, potentially have too many mouths to feed, have absolutely no cap space for years meaning you'll be relying on minimum salaries to fill out the roster.

Irving-LeBron-Wiggins plus the depth you currently possess will still be a great, if not amazing offensive team, a great, athletic and long defensive team with two legit perimeter defenders (LeBron and Wiggins) a decent rim protector in Varajao, and a deep bench.

If y'all want to win now and in the future with LeBron, you don't trade for Love.

I read something the other night that says if a player is traded, his salary does not reflect on the current salary cap that year.

say what you will about Cleveland's play on the gridiron/court. there is usually some drama to fill in the gaps.

Love it!!

Its usually for bad news, so stand by for it!

Dont think he will come back. From here on out, he will be chasing titles. As stands right now, Wade has 1 more then him. Lebron needs 5 more to beat Jordan, and Lebron will be 30 in Dec. So he has maybe 5 good years left to do it. Its about rings fella's. Maybe he see's the new coach as being a good hire and Joins. From what I heard is that is the big 3 all opt out and take a 4 mil cut that would be able to sign Melo. By Jul 10, which I belive is 4 years to the day "The Decision" happend, you will know where he will be.

I said it before- LeBron has realized his odds of passing Jordan on titles isn't likely- regardless where he plays. He's 30- and needs 5 more to accomplish that feat. OTOH, he's #3 on the PPG list- and if he keeps up a semblance of his current scoring and decent health he has a legit shot to take over the #1 overall from Jabbar.

I wouldn't want him to go back. Cleveland's owner doesn't know how to surround a guy like LeBron with the correct talent.

Wrong- LeBron didn't know how to surround himself with decent talent. I have to hope if it's not Cleveland- it sure as hell isn't back to Miami. Talk about crap fans.

Here's a nice read of what Cleveland did when Bron-Bron was here, and it wasn't good enough. http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2014/07/heres_what_cleveland_cavaliers.html#incart_river

I almost wish I were a Cavs fan, so I could quit being one, if they traded Wiggins

and signed

"NO MAS" Lebmoveon. That would be worse than stupid.

I don't care where he goes, but it would be good

if it was anywhere else.

The more this drags on, the less I give a shit. Lebron the king getting all the attention again. Fuck him.

LeBron hasn't done anything... Blame the media you idiot.

No matter what if LeBron doesn't go to Cleveland idiots will vilify him. Just the way stupid works.

Screw you and Lebron...

That response means I am right b.c why else you you come back in this thread after you said and I quote "the more this drags on, the less I give a shit"

Yet you can't help but keep coming back to this thread after every response.

I'm still pissed off about The Decision. But, if LeBron comes back to redeem himself to win a championship for Cleveland, then he should be forgiven. The Cavs need him as well as Cleveland's economy. ESPN analysts can stop disrespecting Cleveland, too. The more I listen to these assholes, the more I hope LeBron returns.

LeBron hasn't done anything... Blame the media you idiot.

No matter what if LeBron doesn't go to Cleveland idiots will vilify him. Just the way stupid works.

He should be villified if he screws us again. In that case he should have known not to screw with our emotions after what hes already done, and eliminated us from consideration earlier in the process.

He should be villified if he screws us again. In that case he should have known not to screw with our emotions after what hes already done, and eliminated us from consideration earlier in the process.

It's his life not yours... Stop thinking you are being screwed b.c he is living his life decisions.

I'm still pissed off about The Decision. But, if LeBron comes back to redeem himself to win a championship for Cleveland, then he should be forgiven. The Cavs need him as well as Cleveland's economy. ESPN analysts can stop disrespecting Cleveland, too. The more I listen to these assholes, the more I hope LeBron returns.

When you really sit back and think about it, it's been a complete 180 for Cleveland sports in the last 12 months.

1) Browns get excitement from Johnny Football, people are going to be lined through the streets to watch him play.

2) Although they've yet to get back to that level this year, the Indians made the Wild Card game and had a good chance to move into the ALDS last season. They are still hanging tough in the division, though.

3) Cavs get #1 pick again and take Wiggins, who has been highly touted since his HS days. Now they have a great shot at LeBron and EVERYONE in Cleveland is excited about it.

Talk about energizing a city that needed a boost!

So? Has this douchnozzle made his "decision" yet?

Let's put it this way: I want LeBron back in a Cavaliers uniform because of the basketball skills he brings to the table. There is no one like him, but if there were someone like him out there, I would be just as pleased to see that person come here. It isn't for his charming personality and loyalty to his followers that I want him.

One of the reasons I want the Cavs to keep Andrew Wiggins is that he can be "Sweet Baby James". Some say he is the most LeBron like player to come out since....well....LeBron.

Lebron has never said he was coming back. Yes the Cavs are trying to get him, but that does not mean squat. The Media started all this chaos and so far they have won. They want the Cleveland fans in agony as always.

I hope he goes back to the cavaliers honestly and if he doesn't GIlbert only has his childish outbursts to blame. If Gilbert can mend that bridge and get Lebron the cavaliers will be poised for several championships if the rookies pan out. Irving is locked up. Add in Wiggins and all the draft picks next season and lebron could be surrounded by a bunch of young talent. If he doesn't go back to the heat he will be going to the cavaliers. I don't see him going anywhere else.

I think he comes back here. One thing I'm sure of is that if he plays in Miami for even one more year, he will NEVER be welcome back in Ohio.

As I often say, "We'll see".

Mike

I think he comes back here. One thing I'm sure of is that if he plays in Miami for even one more year, he will NEVER be welcome back in Ohio.

As I often say, "We'll see".

Mike

Couldn't agree with you more. Deciding to go back to the Heat now would be a bigger kick in the nuts than the decision in my humble opinion.

Still think he is a pussy for leaving, and a shithead for the way he did it ... but it would be fantastic for Cleveland if he returned.

Rooting hard for it. If he makes us all look like idiots again then just stay in Miami and dont come back.

Z

Archived