THE BROWNS BOARD

Group Tickets Sale

rose.le

I have a group of people that wanted to go to the Browns vs. Steelers game in October. We were planning on driving in from all over to attend this game, as it has become a tradition. This year I decided to try and save some money from the scalper prices and got onto a waiting list through the Browns organization for group tickets.

I got on this list in April, and I was told that my $250 non-refundable deposit would hold my place in line for the tickets. Last week I received a call from the Browns organization about my tickets. At first I was excited, because I thought I was going to be able to buy my 20 seats for the game.

However the woman told me that they had just implemented a new policy. Since the Steelers and opening day are the most popular games, they now had the policy of buying the same amount of pre game tickets that you would buy for the actual day of the game. At that time the woman told me I was very high on the list, and I should have no problem receiving the tickets.

To make a long story short, after a lot of arguing I got them to change the policy. If I wanted to spend that much on the tickets I would just buy them from the scalpers. However today I received a call from the Browns saying they were out of tickets for the Steelers game. This didn't surprise me, I figured they would sell the tickets to those who were willing to buy both sets first. But it's not right that they changed the policy after I made my deposit. Now I am out $250 and I still have to buy my tickets from a scalper.

Has this happened to anyone else???

If you are a Browns fan, I am sorry for you......but if you are a Steeler fan...which I suspect you may be......good.

(though I suspect you will be entitled to a refund of your $250.00. If they aren't going to sell you the tickets they are not going to keep your money)

Not that it matter but I am a Brown's who happen to live in Pittsburgh. The $250.00 was nonrefundable.

I don't see how, if they won't sell you the tickets, that they can keep your money. At least they should apply those funds for some tickets somewhere to some game.

They did give me the option to apply to another game but when I said ok the Raven's, sorry no ticket left as with the Saint's. However she did say I could purchase the reserve seating at over $300.00 per ticket, that more then I spent on five tickets to watch the drive in 1987.

Archived