THE BROWNS BOARD

Mo puts up 44 points

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

Wow, Mo Williams was feeling it and stroked it often. Now that is how you score 40+, you hit everything you shoot ... not just shoot it so much you score 40.

I want Shaq, I had forgotten how many aspects of the game that guy dictates. We had all of our big guys in foul trouble at the half. One problem with the Suns is that they suck getting the ball into Shaq, they must have turned the ball over ten times trying the feed the big fella. Shaq's hard foul on Varajao was text book, no way that was flagrant.

We countered Shaq well ... or should I say Mo countered Shaq well by stroking it from the outside. If we shot the rock like that against the lakers we'd beat them too. Mo hit 18 of 26 shots, 7 of 9 from "Deep in the Q" ... that's awesome.

Andy has played better the past two nights. Z has not (0'fer from the field for 0-points ... ouch).

One aspect I have really liked, but that hasn't been mentioned in the media, is Lebron's free throw shooting lately. Those were a pair of clutch shots last night in Indy (hitting 13-of-14 on the night), and tonight he hit 7 or 8 from the stripe. I mean, he is hitting nothing but net on his free throws, thats always cool.

Stoudemire had 27-points .... eeehhh ... there is a lot to his game that I'm not so sure would go over well. He gets a lot of balls stripped from him. He can put it on the floor though and create and he can finish, but he gets caught flat footed a lot on defense and doesn't move his feet well. The kid can run the floor though. I'm just not sure he would fit here as well as Shaq would though.

Hey you know who is still a pretty nice player? Grant Hill ... I could see him fitting in here, wonder what his status is. He is a defender too, but I was impressed with his rebounding (5) or at least blocking out, he also has nice hands and can touch-dish well on assist. the guy has always been incredible on jumping, coming down touching the ground and going back up again much quicker than most players. If you've never seen this illustrated with Hill, watch slo-mo replays of him, it's actually kind of neat, The guy barely touches ground and can go back up in an instant (it's freakish). I was a HUGE grant Hill when the pistons drafted him, but HATED him for turning his nose up at the Pistons and leaving to seek that NBA Championship that he is still searching for, meanwhile the Pistons put another in the trophy case after he left. Doh!

Mo has made Boobie look like a dime-a-dozen player.

Can we put Hickson on roids? Will this kid fill-out, is that waht the hype is about him? I think I might rather see more of Darnell Jackson, who carriers more beef.

Well said. People have been telling themselves that players like Boobie Gibson are great teammates and championship caliber teammates for LeBron. Boobie Gibson is a dime-a dozen. There are tons of centers better than Z and zillions of big guys better than Andy or Ben. Mo is the first real, legit teammate LeBron has had, along with Delonte and possibly Wally. Together, I must say once again, they're making people understand what a joke of a supporting cast LeBron has been playing with the past 5 years. We finally have a few players who can actually get something done for themself without Bron making it incredibly easy for them.

But Mo Williams is a stud. That guy can shoot, and he's got a veteran mentality meaning he doesn't care about glory. Get Delonte healthy, add a couple respectable big men, and we've got a championship team.

Wow, Mo Williams was feeling it and stroked it often. Now that is how you score 40+, you hit everything you shoot ... not just shoot it so much you score 40.

I want Shaq, I had forgotten how many aspects of the game that guy dictates. We had all of our big guys in foul trouble at the half. One problem with the Suns is that they suck getting the ball into Shaq, they must have turned the ball over ten times trying the feed the big fella. Shaq's hard foul on Varajao was text book, no way that was flagrant.

We countered Shaq well ... or should I say Mo countered Shaq well by stroking it from the outside. If we shot the rock like that against the lakers we'd beat them too. Mo hit 18 of 26 shots, 7 of 9 from "Deep in the Q" ... that's awesome.

Andy has played better the past two nights. Z has not (0'fer from the field for 0-points ... ouch).

One aspect I have really liked, but that hasn't been mentioned in the media, is Lebron's free throw shooting lately. Those were a pair of clutch shots last night in Indy (hitting 13-of-14 on the night), and tonight he hit 7 or 8 from the stripe. I mean, he is hitting nothing but net on his free throws, thats always cool.

Stoudemire had 27-points .... eeehhh ... there is a lot to his game that I'm not so sure would go over well. He gets a lot of balls stripped from him. He can put it on the floor though and create and he can finish, but he gets caught flat footed a lot on defense and doesn't move his feet well. The kid can run the floor though. I'm just not sure he would fit here as well as Shaq would though.

Hey you know who is still a pretty nice player? Grant Hill ... I could see him fitting in here, wonder what his status is. He is a defender too, but I was impressed with his rebounding (5) or at least blocking out, he also has nice hands and can touch-dish well on assist. the guy has always been incredible on jumping, coming down touching the ground and going back up again much quicker than most players. If you've never seen this illustrated with Hill, watch slo-mo replays of him, it's actually kind of neat, The guy barely touches ground and can go back up in an instant (it's freakish). I was a HUGE grant Hill when the pistons drafted him, but HATED him for turning his nose up at the Pistons and leaving to seek that NBA Championship that he is still searching for, meanwhile the Pistons put another in the trophy case after he left. Doh!

Can we put Hickson on roids? Will this kid fill-out, is that waht the hype is about him? I think I might rather see more of Darnell Jackson, who carriers more beef.

Nice recap, Skippy.

I agree, Shaq would fit in better on our team than he does theirs.

And he would LOVE to win a championship with Lebron, like he did with Wade, especially if it was against Kobe. I'm sure that would put a capper on his great career.

But, you know, look where he has played ... Orlando, LA, Miami, Phoenix ... I don't see Shaq driving through the Cleveland sleet to go to the Big & Tall store.

Zombo

I love Mo. Not so much the rest of the cast (besides LeBron). Definitely agree with DTBH that we've had a terrible supporting cast ever since drafting LeBron, the huge trade last year made us much better I think, but Mo is what really made us elite, which is why I could never see the "Jameer means more" thing. Last year's trade replaced a bunch of "stand there and watch LeBron" scrubs with real pros who knew how to play, which you can't say enough about.

I still like Ben on this team, even if he's not the Ben that was leading the Pistons, he still has the attitude I think you need on great teams.

Delonte is awesome. Definitely knows how to play the game, and plays every aspect. Miss him more than I thought I would.

Hate Wally and Sasha. They can both have pretty good games....but I just don't think they belong on this team. Maybe I'm just insane, but these guys are too one dimensional, and they don't play smart. Going from Mo and West to Wally and Pavlovic is just terrible to watch for me. Only reason for keeping Wally around is that all of our guards are injured. There has to be someone in the D-League or out of the league we can bring up for guard depth when we trade Wally for a frontcourt player. I like Kinsey too, when he gets healthy.

Not sure how I got started on that.....

Anyway, what I think makes our supporting cast of the past look pathetic is just the rest of the league. It's ridiculous that LeBron led Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall and Gooden and the like to the Finals. For a few years after the 3-peat Lakers and those Kings teams and such broke up, there were really no great teams in the league, and I think some people are still caught up in that. Boston and LA changed that when they got Garnett, Allen and Gasol. I think we're on the next tier down with San Antonio and Orlando, if LeBron or Mo take over a game (which is very possible as we saw with the game 7 against Boston), we can beat anyone. But we need a third guy to compete with the true contenders. I hate the fact that our third guy is either Ilgauskas or Wally. Shaq or Amare would put us over the top, I think.

I didn't plop down the coin for the NBA Pass, so my Cavs sightings this season have been few and far between. However, the Suns-Cavs game was televised locally and it's the first good chance I've had to watch Mo Williams since he's started making some noise.

What a stellar game he had. Damn! I'm sure he's not always THAT on, but I haven't seen a better shooting game by ANY player than that in several years.

The Cavs are close, very close to a trophy. I hope they can nab it this year. I think it'll keep LeBron here and also think it'll take the damn curse off of Cleveland and make the path for the Browns and the Tribe easier.

GO CAVS!

Doug

Archived