THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Tuesday

The Gipper

Give your opinions on these issues:

1. A. Now that the baseball playoffs have been set, who do you WANT to win the World Series.

B. Who do you think will win?

(FYI here are the options: Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Oakland As, Anaheim Angels......plus Washington Nationals, St. Louis Cardinals, Pittsburgh Pirates, LA Dodgers, SF Giants.)

2. How do you think the Tribe did this year: overachieve/underachieve, what?

3. If you could bring back one player to be on the Browns roster, who would you bring......but lets limit the choice to "anyone who is not in the HOF"

(so no JB/OG/Motley/Kelley/Warfield/Groza/Ozzie/Warfield etc....an non Hall of Famer)

4. So? Do you think the Mumbler and Tom Terrific Days are over in New England? Has Brady lost his touch...or is it the team around him that sucks and BB isn't good enough to overcome their deficiencies?

5. OK, so, those of you who know me know that other than doing this, my hobby is travel. And for me, October is just about the perfect time to go. Do any of you have fall trips on the horizon and to where?

1. A. Now that the baseball playoffs have been set, who do you WANT to win the World Series.

No one.

No idea

(FYI here are the options: Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Oakland As, Anaheim Angels......plus Washington Nationals, St. Louis Cardinals, Pittsburgh Pirates, LA Dodgers, SF Giants.)

Right about where I expected actually. So, neither.

3. If you could bring back one player to be on the Browns roster, who would you bring......but lets limit the choice to "anyone who is not in the HOF"

(so no JB/OG/Motley/Kelley/Warfield/Groza/Ozzie/Warfield etc....an non Hall of Famer)

Based upon our needs right now, I'd probably tap Clay Mathews or Hanford Dixon ...

4. So? Do you think the Mumbler and Tom Terrific Days are over in New England? Has Brady lost his touch...or is it the team around him that sucks and BB isn't good enough to overcome their deficiencies?

They sure look rough and Billy has already gone to Garappolo(sic?). Could he cut chase and move to the next chapter right now? He's done it before and we know he's got the nads to do it. Maybe even to Tom Brady.

5. OK, so, those of you who know me know that other than doing this, my hobby is travel. And for me, October is just about the perfect time to go. Do any of you have fall trips on the horizon and to where?

Just some quiet weekends at the cabin. Fall is the best time.

1) A. the Cards B. the Cards

2) Couldn't tell you.

3) Phil Dawson

4) I would love to say yes but I can't just yet. The whole "nobody believes in us" is at or near critical mass and a pissed of BB is never someone to bet against.

5) None to my knowledge. Maybe a game day in Stillwater, Norman, Fayetteville, or Columbia.

My preference is essentially in this order: Washington Nationals, Kansas City Royals, Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers, Oakland As, LA Dodgers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Anaheim Angels, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals.

B. Who do you think will win? I actually think the Washington Nationals may be the best overall team and have what it takes to win it all. And though I would like the Royals to go to the WS for some reason I think the Orioles are primed this year.

Think about it: a Beltway World Series. Washington DC vs. Baltimore. That would be fun.

Other interesting matchups that could occur: another all Bay area Series As vs. Giants(last time was the Earthquake World Series in 1989). Another All Missouri WS with the Royals/Cardinals (occurred in 1985, last time Royals saw postseason play)

They completely underachieved from original expectations...which was a playoff berth. But once the season went along and we saw how many of the players on this team went into the tank and the defense sucking so bad, and having no real big bats in the lineup, it is actually a minor miracle that they finished 8 games over .500. Attribute that to Terry Francona.

My first choice I think would be Gary Collins. Such a steady reliable receiver. Sure handed....and I think he is the original guy about which you could say "all he does is catch touchdowns".

Second choice would probably be a man eater up front like Michael Dean Perry. Third would be Hanford Dixon.

I don't think Brady is done....but he may be waning. And I think most of the rest of that team is pretty much garbage. I don't think except for Brady and Gronk...who is a shadow of his former self due to injuries, and Darrelle Revis that there is any top line talent on that team. Is BB a good enough coach to make up for that? He proved to not be such here in Cleveland. Is Brady enough of a talent to bring them through? Don't know. He and BR are in the same boat....they are the be all and end all for their teams. But are they enough. I don't think Brady lost his touch...its just not enough.

I am leaving a week from Thursday for Billings MT. Going there in the AM, spending the day driving the Beartooth Hwy., then a night in Yellowstone at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge Cabins, a day in Yellowstone before heading to Anaconda MT. Meeting my son and two nephews and they will do some fly fishing. As much as I travel, I think this one will be special because of the company I will keep. A previous trip was also special because it was my wife and I in Vermont for our 30th wedding anniversary.

Dodgers

Tigers

over achieved, not much firepower, pitching lacking two, but good manager and lots of clutch hitting.

Eddie "the Assasin" Johnson

Rough patch. Brady can still play, BB can still coach, roster overall isn't that good though.

Jacksonville to watch the Browns kick ass.

Zombo

Who's had the longest dry spell? (Not by town, just by MLB team.)

Have no idea to make an educated guess. Just a guess: Nationals.

Probably on par.

Clay Matthews. (Last year's answer would've been Kosar or Sipe.)

Hard for a QB and HC to hold up the fort on their own.

Bus trip to wine country in NY. Sort of an anniversary trip for the wife and I.

Oakland... I'd love to see Billy Beane win one, but anyone other than the Tigers works for me.

WSH Nats are probably the best all-around team

I think they were around where they deserved to be, i.e., in contention in the Central and for a WC spot. I think the Royals snuck up on them

Clay... fits the need for that OLB drum I've been beating for two years now.

Over? No... While this season is not looking good for them, I do not think Bill has the "diminished skills" comments cued up for Brady just yet. Their fate is in the hands of their O-line. If they develop as a unit, then they will still have a decent year. If not... not...

Not this year...

Royals

B. Who do you think will win? Dodgers

Can it be both?

Phil Dawson : (

While Brady has declined a little, their biggest problem has been the loss of Wilfork. The O-Line isnt doing em any favors either. I bet their regretting thw Mankins trade right now.

I usually go to Apilachicola Florida in October for some bay fishing, but wont be able to do anything. My fall trip will be to Circleville for the Pumpkin Show haha.

My preference is essentially in this order: Washington Nationals, Kansas City Royals, Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers, Oakland As, LA Dodgers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Anaheim Angels, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals.

Strike the A's off the list.

What a great baseball game last night though.

Who's had the longest dry spell? (Not by town, just by MLB team.)

That would be the Washington Nationals nee Montreal Expos. They have never won a title since their creation in like 1969. All the other participants have won a title since then: Royals 1985, Tigers 1984, Orioles 1983, Dodgers 1988, As 1989, Pirates 1979, Angels 2006? Giants 2012, Cardinals 2011

Have no idea to make an educated guess. Just a guess: Nationals.

Probably on par.

Clay Matthews. (Last year's answer would've been Kosar or Sipe.)

Hard for a QB and HC to hold up the fort on their own.

Bus trip to wine country in NY. Sort of an anniversary trip for the wife and I.

Strike the A's off the list.

What a great baseball game last night though.

And now take those Pittsburgh Pirates off the list who got stomped by the Giants last night.

Gip and tml,

Enjoy your trips... doesn't sound like it will be hard to...

And Happy Anniversary, tml.

That Fall wine trip to the Finger Lakes sounds like a good trip to make. I may possibly do that in the future(fall or otherwise) if my kid decides to attend grad school up that way (Cornell is on his short list).

4. The 'magic' touch that the Pats seemed to have in drafting great palyers out of nowhere seems to have abandoned them. Without looking, name 5 players drafted by them that haven't been there for 5 years or more - struggling? Kenbrel Tompkins is all I got. Brady is still great, but he has nothing around him.

5. Off to Bali on Saturday, can't wait.

1A I want the Giants to win.

1B I think Balt will win

2. The Indians were upsetting. They wasted GREAT pitching with terrible hitting and awful defense

3. Bernie

4. I think the Pats have done NOTHING to help Brady. It almost seems like Bill wants Brady to fail.

5. No trips planned, but I'm sure I will go somewhere, spur of the moment

Archived