THE BROWNS BOARD

the rules

Westside Steve

From Calfox

1. The mods know the rules.

2. Libs and atheists don't get to make up the rules.

3. Libs and altheists don't get to decide when the rules apply and who

they apply to.

4. They should always apply to everybody.

5. Some people who break the rules get a warning, etc.

6. Libs and atheists don't get to interpret the rules.

7. People who are genuinely looking for trouble with people, should be

apparently breaking the rules, imho.

8. Religous people, agnostic, and anybody else not lib or atheist, also do not get to

make, interpret, change the rules, nor do they get to decide when they apply

and who to.

9. Squirrel and dumplings will be great, but I'm saving that for Thanksgiving. And, I'm only buying

certified seed when it comes to peppers, because this year, my sweet peppers have freakin hot

pepper plants in the sweet pepper row. Tonight, I'm making stuff, and I was cleaning sweet peppers

for vidalia onion relish, and sweet salsa, and my hands starting burning, and I had already got it

in my eyes, and gagged out on the deck. Dammit. But my husk tomato jam turned out great.

10. Steve is doing a fine job letting freedom ring around here, and if somebody needs

to actually get banned, it is the mods decision, and that won't be decided by other board

members bitching. The ignore thing works, I use it.

Share Share

I think that just about sums it up, guys. I'm not exactly sure what the rules are but in cases when somebody is threatening or calling for people to be killed or whatever I usually just take a meat axe to it. As far as I'm concerned I wish guys would try not to be complete assholes or pricks and that's basically because it's no fun to read an argument or participate in one if all you get back is fuck you faggot suck my cock blah blah blah.

I can edit threads or DELETE threads with my moderator tools but I think that's about it. If I think somebody's being too much of a jerk I can ask to take a look or to boot somebody off and if they agree they will do it. I just don't take that action lightly.

I don't want any of the guys to think that I would consider tossing a guy off because he called you mean names. We are men we can put up with some shit or as Cal and die hard both mentioned just ignore the fucker. A troll will die of natural causes if it isn't fed.

Also try to ask yourself if when somebody says something threatening are you or are you not actually afraid they might carry it out? If not, stick them on ignore.

Of course if someone is being such an asshole it's ruining a semi pleasurable experience for us all, as was the case with bunker, I can always ask the administrators to shit can them.

so that's about it, I guess try to live by this one guideline: Try not to be a complete dick head but if you must at least try not to do it all the time.

We do have access to your permanent records.

WSS

When anger turns towards bigotry across the board, it's always

self-defeating to the angry person. Not all nazis

hated and murdered Jews.

There are always a small minority in any race, or group of whatever kind,

that is a blight to the reputation of the group they allegedly ? belong to.

It pitifully ignores all the rest of the majority that shouldn't be classed as the bad guys.

Hating all "x" because of a smaller, despicable element in "x" isn't smart.

When anger turns towards bigotry across the board, it's always

self-defeating to the angry person. Not all nazis

hated and murdered Jews.

There are always a small minority in any race, or group of whatever kind,

that is a blight to the reputation of the group they allegedly ? belong to.

It pitifully ignores all the rest of the majority that shouldn't be classed as the bad guys.

Hating all "x" because of a smaller, despicable element in "x" isn't smart.

OMG Cal I can't believe you just said that. It brings a tear to my eye.

So Vapor, are you going to specialize in Geriatric medicine? Me, Cal, and WSS need a PCP. DH

Actually, I don't need one yet, because when I turned 50, I started counting backwards so when

I get into my 80's, I'll actually be only 20-something. And I don't look my age because I'm chronically

immature.... At least after meeting Vapor at the tailgate, he probably doesn't think I look close to 64....

So Vapor, are you going to specialize in Geriatric medicine? Me, Cal, and WSS need a PCP. DH

Actually, I don't need one yet, because when I turned 50, I started counting backwards so when

I get into my 80's, I'll actually be only 20-something. And I don't look my age because I'm chronically

immature.... At least after meeting Vapor at the tailgate, he probably doesn't think I look close to 64....

Actually when you get in to your 80s you'll be hitting your 'teen' years.

50->50

60->40

70->30

79->21

82->18

Ha. Except I didn't count backwards when I was in the service,

because I didn't want to violate the UCMJ as far as lying to

a superior officer. That's four years, puts me back into the twenties. B)

If I said I was going to kill Cal, and posted pictures of a bunch of deformed dead bodies, I would have already been banned...

I'm fairly certain no one has ever called for nor will ever call for you to be banned. Come to think of it, besides you has anyone else asked for a ban to be handed out?

This is why america rocks! You want to be a dick? Go for it. You don't like it? Ignore it. Obviously certain lines cannot be crossed, but if you haven't learned by now how to ignore name calling then I don't know what to tell you because the world is a cruel and mean place at times.

If you still name call and use the word "faggot" as an insult you probably have the maturity of a high schoolers and hopefully know that it gets you nowhere and makes you look like an idiot. And this is coming from someone who hates PC bullshit.

If I said I was going to kill Cal, and posted pictures of a bunch of deformed dead bodies, I would have already been banned...

Not by me. I would have pulled the thread and sent you a message or told you on the board to quit being such an asshole. If you kept it up I would contact administrators who may or may not boot you off.

Also no one who had you on ignore would ever have to see the pictures. And frankly I doubt that you were really traumatized by them.

WSS

Not by me. I would have pulled the thread and sent you a message or told you on the board to quit being such an asshole. If you kept it up I would contact administrators who may or may not boot you off.

Also no one who had you on ignore would ever have to see the pictures. And frankly I doubt that you were really traumatized by them.

WSS

I'm just saying I thought we had rules for a reason... But I guess not... Hippie

Let me remind you folks that zombo is an administrator and ghoolie a long standing member. Did you really think anyone was going to enforce some kind of civil conversation rule?

Ghoolie is a friend of mine and just loves to stir the shit. He was lots worse on the original AOL football board but he has been booted from the Browns board more than once and allowed to return. I think the guy is pretty funny but whatever problems are between him and the moderators on the Browns board.

WSS

Archived