THE BROWNS BOARD

Normally wouldn't post something like this, but......

htownbrown

I guess to someone it matters. I think people overact too much to shit like this. If you were born pre-1990 you stayed home by yourself as a kid and no one said shit, much less made national news out of it. I only post this because it might be one you or someone you know.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24733069/police-browns-fans-went-tailgating-and-left-kids-home-alone

We're all so goddamn sensitive. I don't smoke anymore but if you did is someone going to call 911 if you leave your kid alone for five minutes to take a smoke break? At ten years old I was left alone all day by myself on summer vacations from school. I'm still alive. This is kind of horseshit

1) Take the kids to the game?

2) It would be awesome if the Browns ran some kind of day care centre next to the stadium, charged $10 per kid and looked after them for 3 hours

3) Get a baby sitter, it's not hard

7 year olds probably do need supervision, or you're gonna come home to one messed up house. Give a neighbour kid $20 to sit with them while he/she plays on an iPad and the kids watch movies or something. Not hard.If you can afford the tickets plus the cost of tailgating, you can afford a sitter.

Ha ha...........I don't have kids, but I'm telling you it happened all the time. Maybe ten is a little young, but I stayed home after school for a couple hours everyday by myself from the moment I rode a bus home. Still alive and unharmed.

My daughters have been able to stay home since around 12 or so, my oldest is 14 now. We dont leave for more than 3 hours or so, and we talk to em / text during that time.

5 kids is a nightmare...that is a bit much. Get a sitter.

when I was a kid, we were alone all the time and they called us "latch key" kids...thats because we had a key to the empty house we went home to everyday......

Hell, by the time I was 12, I had 2 paper routes AND several babysitting gigs.....went out alone, everyday at 5:30 am, to deliver, then walked to school (every fuking day too....rain, sleet, snow, etc)......got myself to some ladies house for lunch everyday.....walked home everyday......took myself collecting(which was pretty constant, begging for my $)......had the house to myself till 5 every afternoon....and, in the summer, I was out the door in the morning, not to return till dark.......

And, I would add.....we didnt have cell phones or pagers.....but my Mom did have a whistle and If I heard, I came home.....haha....the 70's were great times....:)

Archived