THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 NFL draft will be in Chicago

WalterWhite

Get the Cubbies on a home stand and it would be a fun weekend visit.

Z

I've been to Wrigley Field 3 times. It was always a blast.

Is this part of the NFL plan to hold the draft all over the league?

Or is this a one time thing?

It's a plan (as there's been bitching for years) to at least move it around to major markets. Radio City Music Hall isn't that huge- so you could make a case you could find a venue in every NFL city big enough to hold it.

Chicago- 5 hour drive from Dayton. Fun town, been there several times.The only thing that would get me to go back to NYC is a free dinner at Peter Lugers.

As I understand it as well, the NFL did *not* like being the priority booking, having been at Radio City for years, only to be moved back a month this year. So they're moving it around to capture other markets, but also potentially as a message to Radio City - I wouldn't be surprised to see them back there full time in the future, at their regular date.

yeah there were conflicts in scheduling the draft with radio city this past draft so the NFL is giving them the big F YOU.

hoorta: yep i think luger's is the best but smith and wollensky comes in at a close second. i'm biased as i used to work a couple of blocks away from grand central and wollensky's was our 'hour-long' ( B) ) lunchtime eatery/watering hole.......all on the firm's sleeve.

Cubs suck.

Most baseball fans want to go to Wrigley Field. They don't like the Cubs per se. I'm not a Cubs fan, but Wrigley Field was a must see

My first job out of college was with the airlines, I was based out of Newark. On a day off I would fly to O'Hare in the morning (there was a flight leaving every hour, cost me $5), take the L to Wrigley, drink beer in the sun all day in the Wrigley bleachers, take the L back to the airport, fly home and sleep in my own bed. Loved Wrigley.

Zombo

My first job out of college was with the airlines, I was based out of Newark. On a day off I would fly to O'Hare in the morning (there was a flight leaving every hour, cost me $5), take the L to Wrigley, drink beer in the sun all day in the Wrigley bleachers, take the L back to the airport, fly home and sleep in my own bed. Loved Wrigley.

Zombo

They had planes back then?

Just glad the draft is back in April. I can see the NFL trying London out one year the way they are going, which FYI, I am totally against.

They had planes back then?

Just glad the draft is back in April. I can see the NFL trying London out one year the way they are going, which FYI, I am totally against.

I'd love it though ;)

And yeah they had planes! You know, the ones where you spin the propeller to get it started...

I think it is good....and smart to move the draft around. Why on earth does it need to always be in NYC? They can put TV cameras and phones in any arena in this country. The crowds there are not that big.

Hell, they could hold this event at one of the theaters in Playhouse Square, or at Public Hall.

Next thing you know they will hold it in LA....and that would be fine.....or.....

Maybe they will want to hold it in London to gauge the interest of fans in the UK?

To be honest, I'm not sure how much of a draw the draft would be over here. People have taken to the game, but I think most don't have a team they really cheer for in my experience. Patriots and Giants seem to be the two, probably based on the recent successes, and I've met a couple of Ravens/Seahwaks fans as well.

So since most don't have an affinity for a team, the draft is not so relevant.

They would have to call that team The London Bulldogs, right? After your avatar and Winston Churchill.

It would be best in my opinion. Other suggestions?

London Knights

London Brits

London Redcoats <-probably not

London Queens?

London Part-timers

London Waste of time and moneys

London Roger Goodell's Pet Project

Old England Patriots?

Most baseball fans want to go to Wrigley Field. They don't like the Cubs per se. I'm not a Cubs fan, but Wrigley Field was a must see

I've been. I prefer old Busch although new Busch is pretty nice as well. I would like to check out Camden Yards and Kauffman Stadium.

Zombo

Stewardess?????

Archived